is it really that bad?

dividsmythe

It's not that bad. The longer you play the better the game looks. Just need to get used to the controls and don't punch like crazy - u have to think what move will be the most appropriate in certain situation. Just don't read IGN review - the guy who wrote it didn't even care to test the game completely he probably just played for minutes, idiot.

It's not that bad, it's not great though. Personally I quite like it at times, though the calibration can be a bit off if not in the right conditions. Ideally you should have a plain background, mid level light and no background movement.

Any of these things can play it about a bit, but that doesn't stop the move controllers working as intended, just the head following etc.

• 2 weeks later...

The controls are mostly not working

Head tracking is not working

Game punch speed, force, acuraccy does not depend on your real punch speed, force, acuraccy

Game should be called The Fight: "Guys that are trying to walk away from you", because at 99% of the game - ai is just walking away from you, so instead of fighting you have to walk all the time, and because of walking you can use just one hand to cover and fight... And much more weird stuff is going on. One of the MOST annoying stuff is the training! You have to train (punch bag etc.) to get skill points, to become better! Why do they even using motion controls when it does not do what you want to do...

I was looking forward to this a long time, bought it even that i read many review (which were pointing that game is crap) well... its A crap!

Rent before buy... its not worth until a patch is released and fixed position is added...

:mad:

I'm really enjoying this game. I have gamefly and this is my current rental.

First off: I am a very active person. I have an active job and I exercise regularly. Part of my exercise regimen includes boxing and mixed martial arts. I was especially looking forward to this game because it combines two of my favorite things - fighting and video games.

As far as the setup of the game is concerned it is pretty straight forward. You fight main event fights to win money and then spend that money on accessories for your fighter or training sessions for upgrade points. You can bet on yourself to win extra money during the fight.

Training is straight forward and challenging. If done correctly you can really work up a sweat doing the speed bag and endurance sparring training. Endurance sparring is the best way to build up a lot of skill points.

The upgrade system is neat. You have 6 different stats to upgrade that affect various things about your fighter such as Strength, Stamina, and Speed. At the beginning of every fight you can compare your stats with the opponent to see how you match up.

Now for the meat of the game - the combat. I personally love fighting in this game. Straight punches, hook punches, and uppercuts are all satisfying to pull off, but they require strength and precision. Anyone trying to fling their arms around will just drain down their stamina. The game can get out of whack from time to time but recalibrating is as simple as putting the controllers under your chin (in a quasi fighters stance) and pushing the circle button. This takes as long as it takes to push the circle button. It is REALLY NO BIG DEAL!!!! The dirty moves are canned movements that are performed while holding the T button. These can be frustrating to pull off, but they do good damage and typically stun your opponent.

After 30 minutes playing this game, your heart rate is up and those unused muscles can start to get sore. This seems to be a primary complaint but I swear unto you this is a good thing. (I replaced a workout session with playing this with my training partner for 2 hours - we were dead the next day) Your body has muscles and tendons and ligaments and bones because you are supposed to move! This game encourages it! If you swing the move controllers around like a wiimote then you're going to do horrifically, but if you get into the fighters mindset and play the game like you're really fighting it works really well.

Not bad for a $30 game!

The game is a rpg fight simulator, it's not a punch out or something similar.

The limitation is in your stats not in your body you must increase speed, technique and endurance in the gym to obtain an avatar that move in the same way that you move.

As i told is a simulator, in your real life nobody go to fight to the street if you haven't enough preparation, if you do that you will be beatten again and again and your avatar it looks like bad cordinated, but if you train 30 minutes every day you will have great combats.

this game has really gotten a bad rap, and honeslty it delayed my purchase of the game for quite some time, i was quite content with black ops, but I figured you know what I was rally hyped for this game, I'm attempting to build a decent move collection so I figured screw the reviews I'd give it a try for myself.

let me tell anyone who is interested, the reviews are completely incorrect. Never have I read more inaccurate reviews. i seriously pondered the idea microsoft paying IGN off as well as a lot of the other big review sites to give these kind of reviews due to the kinect launch. At first, admittdly you will have trouble fighting even the lower ranked fighters, I was able to reach the first 'boss' and then I proceeded to lose 5 times in a row. This prompted me to train the hell out of my character, until I had very respectable stats. Also I got good enough all all the training events to get 50 points, whereas I started probably like most people with the heavy bag, punching every time I saw the red circle indicator and failing every time within 10 seconds.

Now that I have very decent stats, this game is very precise and 1:1. I sat there and played around in one of the modes where my opponent was doing nothing, I think it was a tutorial for a dirty move, and I just tested the 1:1 of the game and it's dead on, nothing to complain about at all (bout the controls or the lag). The one thing I still do not like and is the only valid thing to complain about is the camera. you are unable o set your fighter o transparency. I am stuck using the overhead camera, because I find I can see what my opponent is doing better, but it kinda sucks using an over head camera for a fighting game. Other than that, the game is awesome, i fidn myself playing it more and more everyday (as I actually get more physically fit) and that's another thing that is wonderful about it. It's a great work out without even noticing. I'd recommend this game to anyone who was even slightly interested in a good motion fighter. The reviews are completely biased, and I am a picky gamer.

It's not that bad. The longer you play the better the game looks. Just need to get used to the controls and don't punch like crazy - u have to think what move will be the most appropriate in certain situation. Just don't read IGN review - the guy who wrote it didn't even care to test the game completely he probably just played for minutes, idiot.

:applause: sure,sure!the guy who wrote it didn't even test the game more than 3 hours! The longer u play ,the better u like the game.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone here who gave this a positive review, I just picked up the game and played it for about an hour, and I am glad I bought it.

I wish the game had a first person view, but even in third person it really seemed to punch where I punched (although this wasn't always where I wanted to), it is a little hard to judge distance and angle in 3rd person at first.

I STRONGLY recommend playing by yourself first, instead of in front of your friends-just encase you can't punch as good as you think you do (I really think this is why it got bad reviews, it is easier to blame the game then admit you can't throw a punch, and lets face it I highly doubt that a lot of game reviewers are trained fighters.

I'm off to go beat up some people

I was looking forward to this and was hoping it reviewed well. I ignored the IGN review because most of those guys don't know jack-shit about videogames and most of the others said it was fairly fun. Either way it didn't find it's way into a crowded fall but I'm thinking I'll pick it up over the holidays. I know for a fact I can throw a better punch than anyone at IGN so I'll be fine.

When I first got this game I gave it 15 minutes one day & 10 the next then wrote it off... I'd done pretty much what all those lazy-arse reviewers had done - turned it on, thrown loads of haymakers trying to get one-hit knockouts, burned my stamina & failed horribly.

It wasn't until I visited a friend's house to try it out in 3D that I saw him doing pretty much the same thing but also noting when he scored & when he did well. So I took my time, aimed, looked after my stamina, actually thought about what I was doing - and it all went much better.

Since then (and with the help of the patch that makes your fighter transparent), I've really gotten to like the game. The guy above who said it was an action fighting RPG was spot on... Train, level up, learn new skills & the game comes to life... it's a shame really that so many will miss out on it now.

The DLC looks to make the game a lot easier, but there's no need for that - just put the time (stamina training, you get 50 points for around 15,000 score here, easily doable in 4 rounds or so) in & it'll reward you with a much better game experience.

I use it in my daily exercise routine now, spend at least 45 minutes or so levellling up & doing a few fights. Hope something similar comes along for when I've done this to death!

Edited by legomanD

Its a sweet game and very fun hard on the arms haha can tell how outta shape you are till ya play it. it get funny once you train more and add more points to your abilities so your stronger and faster. Def a must buy. Ya IGN was good like 10 years ago when their reviews actually matched the games. now they seem to be just bias.

Read the reader reviews of games to really get a good idea of what the game is even at Gamespot seem to be more on the line of review then ign is. they got to popular to quick and try to do too many things :whistle: and so forth

• 2 weeks later...

ya no what I'm gonna pick up this game now my self I wanna lose weight n get fit now.I would really enjoy a good fighting game with move I also enjoyed the combat in sports champs but absolutely hate the table tennis in it so it drove me to frustration n give up on it but i got 2 move controllers for The fight n i'm gonna get it

Thanks for all the positive reviews guys. picked the game up this morning (boxing day sale) and i love it, the tracking wasn't working properly at first due to small living room, repositioned everything to give me more room and it started working perfectly.

Thanks Again! oh and fuck every poor review this game got, i could have been playing this for 2 months now lol.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have about 20 hours of playing this game and I think it's all-right, but it could've been better. First of all, the customizable character, graphics, and online play set this apart from the mini-boxing games on Wii or Kinect. The tracking is fairly accurate, although somewhat glitchy. This is not a very strategic game like Fight Night (I was able to beat the last boss by throwing puches like crazy and not really having any real strategy). It also helps to have your player's stats upgraded significantly.

The biggest downsides to this game is that online support is kind of lacking. There are 10 different levels and it's hard to know which ones have active players unless you keep hitting different stages. There is no "quick match" mode which will just place you against any player online. There seems to be a good deal of online cheaters that you have some kind of invincibility turned on. That along with constant disconnection and no real strategy makes it somewhat impossible to get online trophies like Rampage (10 wins in a row). Also, there is a "Money" trophy that most people have not earned after weeks of playing the game and constantly winning matches and bets.

The good thing about this game is it's fairly accurate and good excercise. I had a fun 20 or so hours of gameplay, so I would say that justifies the money I paid for it. I originally gave it ~88% rating based on first impressions, but I would probably give it around a 75% based on the multiplayer flaws.

Edited by smoka

• 1 month later...

Those fitnessgames out there can go shit themselves! I love working out with games, the achievements and trophies makes me coming back for more. I have been 1000g Your shape fitness evolves, been playing biggest looser on xbox and get fit with mel b on ps3. And yes, i can get a hard workout from those games, but the fight are so much better! If you´re not a fighter you will use muscles your regularly don´t use. It´s really hard in the beginning but it will get easier. I´m fighting for my life here. If someone would have recorded and put on youtube i guarantee 1 million views ;)

• 4 weeks later...

No, its really not that bad. In fact it is pretty good, as long as you ignore Danny Trejo's cut scenes.

If you play this game, make sure you play with your camera placement and lighting a bit to make sure you get the tracking just right. Whenever I play, I always begin with the "Target Practice" training to make sure that it is both tracking me and I'm aiming my throws properly.

• 4 months later...
No, its really not that bad. In fact it is pretty good, as long as you ignore Danny Trejo's cut scenes.

Whaat? This guy is hilarious!

Overall, I find this game quite good and unique. It's a game where you beat the shit out of people AND a gym, a manly fitness! Isn't it awesome?

Punching accuracy isn't very good, although I'm pretty sure it's not the game but me, getting exhausted after a few good punches.

A few annoying glitches aside this game is really good! That is if you use it as a work out replacement or supplement. This saves me 2 gym trips per week and I'm really enjoying it too. The tracking isn't perfect but once you get the hang of it you learn how to adjust for it.

The reviews for this are just ridiculous. Only a heart attack waiting to happen would review this so low.

• 2 weeks later...

Started yesterday and honestly? For me it's pretty cr@p so far. Even with the timesavers pack it just feels sluggish & tepid. Yeah Move is kinda 1:1 but it's still a wild guess as to whether your punches will reach the guy. Tired of running after them all the time. It wants to move like a controller based game but it wants to be a sim too. Problem is it fails at both. Why my guy has worse stamina than I do in real life (even after levelling up) is beyond me.

I reeeeally want to like this, but with Sports Champions sitting next to it (I got both) I don't wanna frustrate myself for no reason. I'll give it through the weekend b4 Gamestopping it. I like the concept.