[IMPORTANT] Termination of Service - The Eye of Judgement

magmar126

We at SCEE sincerely thank you for your continued support of THE EYE OF JUDGMENT™. The online battle service for this product will terminate on 30 September 2010. Offline play will remain available even after the conclusion of online service.

We hope you will continue to enjoy both THE EYE OF JUDGMENT™, and the latest addition to the series, THE EYE OF JUDGMENT™: LEGENDS, available exclusively for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable).

Click the link below for the official statement:

Notice of Termination of Service - [The Eye of Jud... - Official PlayStation® Community -PlayStation.com

Edited by magmar126

Well, how often do you hear of somebody playing this game? To my knowledge, it hasn't been very popular for quite some time. I think they're justified in shutting the servers down, why pay to keep something up and useable if no one uses it? It's not like the platinum isn't attainable like in Endwar.

The trophy guide mentions that in order to platinum this game you need to purchase sets 2 & 3 from the PS Store. Will these sets still be available despite online services being discontinued? If sets 2 and 3 are no longer available for purchase is platinum still attainable without them?

I was wondering that too. They might or they might not tbh.

They might, because they like the money.

They might not, because they're not supporting the game anymore.

The sad thing is, this is a first party game. It is a Sony game. There is a ton of people that still play this game and a lot of them have spent over $1000 on cards. There are tournaments online all the time set up by eojmanager.com and lbshooters.com.

I was just about to buy PSN+, new MOVE controllers, and a 3D tv in a few months. not anymore

You don't need the online servers to get the platinum. All the trophies can be done offline. All this server shutdown will do is remove the ability to play people online.

Boosting online isn't really any faster than doing it offline. Look at my guide and there's a strategy to beat the COMP in 10-12 turns every time.

The trophy patch for the game is just a normal game version update that anyone connected to PSN can get. It will still be available. It has nothing to do with the EoJ online servers.

Set 2 & 3 content will still be available in the PSN store, just like any other DLC.

You don't need the online servers to get the platinum. All the trophies can be done offline. All this server shutdown will do is remove the ability to play people online.

Boosting online isn't really any faster than doing it offline. Look at my guide and there's a strategy to beat the COMP in 10-12 turns every time.

The trophy patch for the game is just a normal game version update that anyone connected to PSN can get. It will still be available. It has nothing to do with the EoJ online servers.

Set 2 & 3 content will still be available in the PSN store, just like any other DLC.

Thanks for the reassurances. I will still install the patch and purchase sets 2 & 3 anyways just to be on the safe side. I am sure I am overreacting, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I like how people are so quick to complain about servers being taken down when they, themselves, probably havent used the servers in over a year.

This game is still 100% playable. Now you just have to play it like you would other card games and either invite someone over to your house or find some place that host card tournaments.

You don't even need a PS3 to play the game either.

Yeah it sucks when a games servers get taken down, but at some point it is just not viable to keep servers running that maybe only host a couple dozen games a day.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the game and really enjoyed it but unfortunately put it down for awhile as other games came out. None of my friends got into it so it was hard for me to really build a good deck or anything. With the servers (probably) going down, I really just want to platinum this game and enjoy it for what it is before the online play is gone.

• 1 month later...

I recently got the PSP version and have been looking for the starter pack (inc. cam, map, game and 2 card packs) for a while, but it's one of whose 'Rare games' that no where has got.

But I didn't know this game had trophies, this is on my list.

Lets just hope with the MP severs shutting down, it makes it less than a tenner!:D

• 2 weeks later...

there is something like 2500 updates for this game to bring you to the lates version! i remember doing it a 2 months ago and was shocked, but it really didnt take that long.

closing the online servers was a severe blow to any1 who plays this game still as many spent alot on cards.

it was a pretty awesome game, love the concept to it. and there is more strategy than first appears to the game!

and to some1 who said no1 still plays this game, when i got it i tried out a few online matches (didnt win any ^_^) i never had a problem finding an online match, and it was always with a different person! may go and milk a few games out of it online before they close the servers :(

• 3 weeks later...
Well, how often do you hear of somebody playing this game? To my knowledge, it hasn't been very popular for quite some time. I think they're justified in shutting the servers down, why pay to keep something up and useable if no one uses it? It's not like the platinum isn't attainable like in Endwar.
I'm not sure if it's Chicken or Egg, but part of the problem was they just outright stopped printing cards right after set 3 was released. It's nearly impossible to find any actual packs for those around.

I got in on this one rather late, and was disappointed to to find out that they cut this one short a long time ago.

With little ability to attract new players, it was only a matter of time before this news came.

• 3 weeks later...