Any way to update this game to 3.00?

seph1r0th00

I just popped the disc in and it says I need to update to version 3.00 but I can't because it can't connect to the server :(

Is there anyway to get the patch onto my PS3 without connecting to their servers? The trophy guide says no platinum without version 3.00.

Are you saying that it won't allow you to download the update data for the game anymore?

If it was stored on the same server they took down for online play then that blows and you are correct, no one can get the platinum now unless they already had the updates installed. I know of no way to get the patch other than through their server.

Edited by Vyrastas

Yup. Everytime I try to download the update it says cannot connect to server. My buddy just bought the game and he has set 2 and 3 cards but he only has version 1.00 of the game so he won't be able to use set 2 or 3 cards.

Luckily I ended up having version 3.00 on my PS3.

I think it might still be possible, I just put this game in for the 1st time, maybe a week or two ago, and it also said something about connecting online to see if 3.00 is on there, well it says it can't connect. So I check my Game Data info and it does say version 3.00 after I downloaded the 3.2 GB patch...so not sure if its possible to platinum or not...

I can confirm it's still possible to get the plat.

I freshly installed to game two days ago and installed the 3.2 gb patch.

Then I activated sets 2 and 3 DLC. After that, the trophies were in place and achievable.

Wait, so it works now? Can you got your PS3 and note what patch version it is? (Game Data Utility>Triangle on EOJ data>Information)

I posted this in the main "unobtainable" thread:

About Eye of Judgement...I think I had that update/patch but deleted the game data for space!!

Are we 100% sure that we can't install the update data to our PS3 that was provided a few posts up? Maybe put in the /PS3/UPDATE/ directory?

Also of note, you can still buy Set 2 & 3 on the US Store. But let me get it straight, if you can't update, you can't use that though?

The update data you can manually download in question is here: http://b0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tppkg/np/BCUS98133/BCUS98133_T0/21542c9df6c4fb73/UP9000-BCUS98133_00-7000000000000300-A0300-V0100-PE.pkg (BCUS98133 disc version, thanks to fertjuh for link)

But how to get to your PS3...

edit: I booted up Eye of Judgement and it prompted for the 3.00 update, downloaded, then when it attempted to install it has an error and boots back to the XMB.

Is this what is meant when people are saying you can't update to 3.00? Then why is that one user claiming to have done it?

edit 2: False alarm, it seems Eye of Judgement can successfully be updated to patch update version 3.00.

Please note that I have BCUS-98133 disc (NA region), this may have something to do with it. It may not be able to update for other region discs.

Yes, there are two different update processes - only one works. The first one is before the game actually boots; that's the one that works. The second one is an in-game "update check", that doesn't work due to no servers online.

Edited by zeociko

Hi,

glad it worked for you too :)

I have the european version of the game and I also had to take several attempts to successfully download v3.00 (non-ingame-version^^) - it always stopped downloading those 3gb some times, but I'd rather blame my lame internet connectionfor that one.

I'm only away 3 trophies from platin right now, so YES, all set2/3 trophies can still be achieved...

• 2 years later...
There is no way to get the patches for any PS3 game via a PC, it's direct or nothing. The ability to use Proxy Servers with your PS3 was patched out 2 years ago by Sony to prevent some seriously questionable activities.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

10 hours. And no background download.

What about data transfer? I saw a suggestion to use old firmware PS3 to connect via proxy server, then connect it to new one that I plan to play it on.

That won't work either as both PS3s must have the same firmware else they won't connect to each other or even recognise the other exists. Your only and I mean "only" option is to sit it out for the 10hrs it will take to download the 3.00 patch.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The (P) is still possible but you have to sit through a 3.2gb download for the patch since it's so big. To get the patch you download it like any other by sticking the disc in your PS3, let it load and press :cross: to accept the patch when asked. The only patching method that doesn't work anymore is the internal patching system when you try to access the MP servers since they've been switched off.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I saw a used copy of this game in a store this week and it's pretty cheap. Maybe I'll get it but before that I need to be sure since the last msg is from 2013. Is it still possible to get the update in 2015 ? (and no problem with my super connection, 3Gb will take about 10 min).

My 2nd question is about the cards. I think the game sold in my store is the regular pack with only the starter deck and the accessories.

I think I'll never find the sets 2 or 3 and I don't want to spend millions to get it, so simple question : is it possible to do it by printing pictures of the cards online like the guide suggests ? I guess the PS Eye looks at the black shapes on top and bottom of the cards to figure out which one it is so I was thinking, maybe if I draw these shapes on a piece of paper it'll work.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
My 2nd question is about the cards. I think the game sold in my store is the regular pack with only the starter deck and the accessories.

I think I'll never find the sets 2 or 3 and I don't want to spend millions to get it, so simple question : is it possible to do it by printing pictures of the cards online like the guide suggests ? I guess the PS Eye looks at the black shapes on top and bottom of the cards to figure out which one it is so I was thinking, maybe if I draw these shapes on a piece of paper it'll work.

Thanks

Printing works. The camera is looking at the black square codes at the edge of the cards. If you look online you will be able to find PDF's of all the cards.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

I just bought the game (european version), and some cards (from the three sets). When I put the game I downloaded a 3gb update (version 3.00). But when I'm goin to play, I only can with the cards of the set 1.

There's some way to play with cards of set 2 and 3? I don't see how. :think:

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hey,

I just bought the game (european version), and some cards (from the three sets). When I put the game I downloaded a 3gb update (version 3.00). But when I'm goin to play, I only can with the cards of the set 1.

There's some way to play with cards of set 2 and 3? I don't see how. :think:

Thanks!

You need to buy the dlcs pack

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I recently found my copy of EoJ. I had already purchased the DLC so this is now installed. however when I boot the game it asks to update to patch 3.00 but can't as the servers are down.

When I check in the game at the Download list it shows all 3 set are available but all are V1.0

Is there a way to install the patch still? I have tried downloading the patch from the link in the earlier post on my PS3 but I cant figure out how to install it. Please can anyone help me out?

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I recently found my copy of EoJ. I had already purchased the DLC so this is now installed. however when I boot the game it asks to update to patch 3.00 but can't as the servers are down.

When I check in the game at the Download list it shows all 3 set are available but all are V1.0

Is there a way to install the patch still? I have tried downloading the patch from the link in the earlier post on my PS3 but I cant figure out how to install it. Please can anyone help me out?

Yes it is :). Just stick the disc in the drive, let the game load then press :cross: on the Update prompt when it appears :).