Review this Game

Overall Opinion  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Overall Opinion

(I can't find a review thread of this game. If there is one, please let me know, so I can move my review there and erase the thread.)

I'd like to know what other players think of the different aspects of the game and what their overall opinion is =)

Story: I honestly didn't like it that much. I expected something much more interesting and enthralling, like the storylines of Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption or Dragon Age Origins. Not the case for me. Just an excuse, a mere frame, for playing. I found the plot of Dawnguard a bit more interesting, though. 4.5/10.

Gameplay: I enjoyed playing it, especially at the beginning, before the game gets easy. This happens too early, since once you raise your main skills and find or craft good equipment, nothing seems to be able to stop you. This decreased the "fun factor" considerably for me, since the enemies soon stopped being challenging enough (even when raising the difficulty) and the excitement of finding better gear dissappeared (with enchanting and smithing at maximum, there is nothing you can find that could be better than what you craft). On top of that, the dungeons are repetitive and look very similar. However, roaming through Skyrim is a delight, the fighting system is easy and fun, and there are a gazillion quests to do, so it never gets really boring: 6/10.

Graphics: Though the color palette is a bit monotonous (it has to be due to the setting and geography), grayish/whitish, mostly (except in towns), Skyrim looks beautiful and alive. 8/10.

Sound: The main theme is amazing, I never got tired of it, and I also liked the atmosphere sounds, though they didn't seem that varied. 7/10.

Replay Value: Very high, as it should be in any good and deep RPG. 9/10.

Overall: I liked this game and I had fun playing it and getting the platinum, but, unfortunately, it is not the extraordinary game many consider it to be. At least not for me. The fact that the story did not interest me and that I found playing it too easy might be the main reasons for this. (I recommend playing the Legendary Edition). 6.5/10.