Standard Edition Save on Legendary Edition

Trick

So I started playing Skyrim a few months ago after renting it from a public library, I played more than 25 hours and was above lvl 20. Now I bought the Legendary Edition with all the DLC and stuff and started the game. When I first put the disc it started installing the game on my HDD (I was wondering because the standard edition was already installed, but I assumed it must be the DLCs). So after the game installed I wanted to load my previous save from the standard edition and I couldn't do it. In the main menu the save option was locked, I could only start a new game. Is there any way to load my save on Legendary Edition or do I have to start a new game?

So I started playing Skyrim a few months ago after renting it from a public library, I played more than 25 hours and was above lvl 20. Now I bought the Legendary Edition with all the DLC and stuff and started the game. When I first put the disc it started installing the game on my HDD (I was wondering because the standard edition was already installed, but I assumed it must be the DLCs). So after the game installed I wanted to load my previous save from the standard edition and I couldn't do it. In the main menu the save option was locked, I could only start a new game. Is there any way to load my save on Legendary Edition or do I have to start a new game?

Strange... It should work. :think:

I've heard of this glitch, it can be fixed but it's a pain :(. I'll dig out the original thread then get back to you :). EDIT: Here you go :): http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/204305-legendary-edition-still-buggy.html?highlight=Legendary

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

I've heard of this glitch, it can be fixed but it's a pain :(. I'll dig out the original thread then get back to you :). EDIT: Here you go :): http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/204305-legendary-edition-still-buggy.html?highlight=Legendary

Thanks for the link but my menu works fine, it's just the legendary edition game doesnt see my save file from the standard game.

Just to settle my curiosity, answer me these questions:

1: How many install files are there on your Hard Drive for Skyrim? There should only be 2 i.e 1 for the game and 1 for the Patches and DLCs. To install the DLCs you have to do so manually from the secondary disc icon on the XMB, there is no auto install for them on the Legendary Edition.

2: How many save file folders do you see in the Game Data Utility for Skyrim? There should be only 1.

3: What are the disc codes on the case spines of your copies of the game? For example: On my Region 3 copy the code is BLAS 50613.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

Just to settle my curiosity, answer me these questions:

1: How many install files are there on your Hard Drive for Skyrim? There should only be 2 i.e 1 for the game and 1 for the Patches and DLCs. To install the DLCs you have to do so manually from the secondary disc icon on the XMB, there is no auto install for them on the Legendary Edition.

2: How many save file folders do you see in the Game Data Utility for Skyrim? There should be only 1.

3: What are the disc codes on the case spines of your copies of the game? For example: On my Region 3 copy the code is BLAS 50613.

1. There were 4 install files. 1 from the standard game, then patch 2.1 (i guess?), then 1 from the legendary edition and one with the DLC.

2. There are two folders with the name SKYRIM, with my old saves and another one with the new ones from LE.

3. I can't look up the code from the rented standard edition but I'm sure it was the german release. My LE has the code BLAS 50613.

I thought as much. The reason your saves aren't being recognized is because the region codes are different :(. You have the exact same copy that I do which is from Hong Kong, which is Region 3 but Germany is Region 2 so your saves aren't going to work unless you can get hold of a German copy of the LE :(.

I thought as much. The reason your saves aren't being recognized is because the region codes are different :(. You have the exact same copy that I do which is from Hong Kong, which is Region 3 but Germany is Region 2 so your saves aren't going to work unless you can get hold of a German copy of the LE :(.

Oh well, at least now I have a reason to create a new character because I was a little tired of my old one.

• 2 months later...

This thread's been idle for some time, but I'd like to add a related question, concerning region code. 1st I had region 2 (german) standard edition and was able to transfer my savegames to a region 2 legendary edition (german). After having sold that LE I just ordered a new LE in english (UK, region code 2), to be able to enjoy the original voice over. Will my german region 2 savegames run on my english region 2? That would be awesome. If not, at least I got a reason to start all over again...

If the codes on the spines of the cases match then yes it will but if they don't, then you're screwed :(.

Well that's one "getting screwed" I wouldn't mind... :p

Thanks for the input, Terminator. I will know my "fate" early next week...

Edit: just to wrap this up... my codes on both the german and UK legendary editions were the same. Was able to load up my german save without hassle on my UK edition. Here goes adding lots and lots of more hours to my savegame.

Edited by Theophobos
wrap up, did work