First time playing Skyrim - Install DLCs or no?

So I've finally decided to start this gem (a little slow and late to the party I know!). I have the Legendary Edition with all of the DLCs.

I'm told that I can tackle the quests in the game in any order as I want; because it's Skyrim. But because I have all the DLCs available to me from the start now, I'm just wondering if I should install them all before I start. Or leave it until I have the platinum. Would I be missing anything? Be even more overwhelmed?

The level cap for the game was raised and there's a corresponding trophy that requires you to reach Lv 81? Or so I recall. Was that part of a patch for the game or do I need the DLC installed before I can level up pass 50?

Ideally, I'd like to platinum this game in one playthroughs, but I'm by no means planning to rush through it.

Some tips would be greatly appreciated!

You may as well install the DLC before you start as it also includes things like cinematic kills and the ability to reset your perks, which in turn will help you level up faster. Without resetting perks I think the level cap is somewhere in the high 80s, but its unlimited afterwards.

The level 81 trophy that you're thinking of is Legend, it's not for reaching that particular level but for defeating a Legendary dragon, and they don't spawn until around 81 or so.

Edited by BEER MONSTER

first the last trophy for lvl up is 50 . If u want to reach up to 81 u should have all skills To 100 but that"s 90%impossible bcuz at less u need to play 250 hours to reach lvl 81 .

If u are a big fan of Elders scrolls games play the skyrim first and finish everything then install DLC packs

if u want to Reset only 10 skills from beginning but ur level will not decrease , install Dragonborn DLC pack and follow the path for the Main quest that about Oghma knowledge , in Episode 4 or 3 books ( i dont remember really ) one of these books will give u a selection to reset only 10 skills if u want to upgrade ur 50 level to 75 or up ... but if u reset them u will lose all points on skill that it means u will start wasting your time to increase Stats 10 points to Health - stamina - Magicka .

if u want my advice just follow the tutorial about how to reach stats to billions like Health - stamina - Magicka using alchemy potions

all my skills are 100

health = more than 999999999

magicka = more than 999999999

stamina = more than 99999999999

shout time = unlimited

weapons damage = 798658765

Edited by dune dune

Bought Legendary edition 3 weeks ago and installed all to start playing.

I wish i had not, cause avoid entering cities at dark to no trigger a vampire attack is boring and time consuming.

Sure you can fast-travel to nearest place and see what time is it, then press select to wait and enter the city at lightime, but it gets boring as hell.

You can install other 2 DLCs, as they add tons of stuff even if you don't do stuff related to them, then isntall Dawnguard adter all other trophies are done.

To stope the vampire raiding at night, you need to advance the main quest of Dawnguard, but you won't do this at beggining of the game, so it's annoying.

Now i can't uninstall cause my char is too advanced, i wish i never installed Dawguard.

Yes and no.

Someone mentioned one of the DLCs will allow you to reset your skills, but this is an update. Not a DLC. A good thing, since you can just focus on skills you actually use rather than the whole bunch.

Also I would wait with the DLCs. They can bug your game on some points, not likely though. And it won't increase your time to the platinum in any way if you install them now or later.

Also back up your game often! A small glitch can screw up your game, so be on the safe site mate ;)

Also the "level 81" trophy you heard of isn't directly related to leveling up. But a trophy part of dawnguard requires you do kill a legendary dragon. They will only spawn once you reach level 75. Which will take a LOT of time regardless.

Edited by Totoyeahwhat

Btw, talking about intallation, i have a question.

After installing everything on my legendary disc, all i can see at game files are 2 stuff: the main game installation and dawnguard.

I'm sure all other DLCs are there, but their files are imbued at which install data? normal or dawnguard?:confused:

I wish to know cause after this gameplay i'll uninstall Dawnguard only.

I already completed this when it first came out on the 360 so I had no choice but to do the original 1000g and then move on to each DLC as it dropped. I just picked up a PS3 after not having one for a few years, so, even though I picked up the Legendary Edition for the PS3, I'm still going to do the original Trophies and then move on to the DLC. Especially since you can avoid having the Vampires fucking attack your NPC's all the time.

I just bought the Legendary Edition, too. After 48 hour-ish playing time, I'm at level 21 (I guess I'm slow at playing this).

Do I understand this right? Hearthfire and Dragonborn can be installed as soon as possible and it shouldn't really affect gameplay.

What are the benefits of installing them early? Or is there a reason I should hold on? Also when is the right time for installing Dawnguard?

Thanks.

Installing Hearthfire after getting the (P) is a very bad idea because any one of a number of horrible glitches can occur that can end up forcing you to start a new game, the sooner you install it the better.

I installed all 3 DLCs before I even started playing and so far only Hearthfire has given me any major problems (all of which I successfully worked around), the Vampire attacks you get with Dawnguard are easily avoided by by not visiting major towns and cities at night and the rest is simple common sense about saving often and making plenty of backups :).

Thanks for the info, I did not read the Hearthfire guide yet but I plan to finish the main quest line and get most standard trophies before venturing into the DLC's, like what Cyber did. This way I won't feel too overwhelmed by all the stuff I can do at once. This game is already very furnished.