My other questions

My char has a set of legendary refined/upgraded dragonbone heavy armor with 100% smithing bonus and 100 smithing + 5 heavy armor perk that increases defense + 25% bonus for a ful lset of heavy armor perk.

This means my defense is around 800 while the Wiki says max is 586 (or something like that). Then i have a question.

There's any meaning or bonus into keep increasing after max defense? I know the game will consider only the max for reducing the damage of a normal blow, np.

My question is about otehr stuff, like 2handed warhammer enemeis hitting you with power attacks (wich ignores fixed % defense according perk level). My extra defense will be considered on those cases to keep my defense at max? :confused:

Like (math isn't my best :rolleyes:): i have 800 defense, so i have 214 "excess". Enemy hit ignoring 20% so my "excess" will cover the ignored part to bring my defense back to the max?

There is no point in it unless you just want it to be high. 80% of an attack is the most your armor can block of any attack and you are way past that. I had 1300+ armor just to find out it was useless. The good thing about it is you can use whatever armor you like, even leather and make it just as good as dragonbone or daedric.

K, i got my def high while preparing to refine my weapon to better damage, so increasing my defense just came natural...

What about attack power? "The higher the better with no limits"? Cause my dragonbone warhammer is almost 300 power with all perks, enchanting bonus from other pieces and everything.

Only really high HP enemies survive a power attack, dragons and mamooths, even giants 1hit die at adept difficulty.

• 2 weeks later...

It was already boring because of defense + 85% magic res + 50% magic absorption. :(

Sure i agree kil everything with 1 hit is boring too. :)

Then i raised difficulty to master to adjust, played the civil war campaign and it was still easy, but at least not boring to death.

My battlemage was too much melee-oriented, so i started using magic, as it's damage is noticeable bad at higher lvls (even with all perks), being more fun too.

Avoiding using bows cause it would spoil making a rogue as my next char... :D