Thoughts on DLC?

I'm currently working on my platinum in Skyrim and I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. Problem is, I've only got the regular version of Skyrim and I haven't bought any DLC. The only DLC I'm looking forward to and buying is Hearthfire. Any thoughts on the DLC? Is it worth it or should I just move onto the next game after I finish Skyrim?

Edited by nikoe

I'm currently working on my platinum in Skyrim and I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. Problem is, I've only got the regular version of Skyrim and I haven't bought any DLC. The only DLC I'm looking forward to and buying is Hearthfire. Any thoughts on the DLC? Is it worth it or should I just move onto the next game after I finish Skyrim?

Been playing through this for the first time recently as well. Got the Legendary Edition and I gotta say its probably the best DLC I've come across since GTA's or Red Dead's. I think there each $15 though :think: not sure. I would say they are worth that price. I'll try to explain the details because I didn't buy them individually its hard for me to remember what exactly was involved with which.

The Dawnguard DLC lets you become a Werewolf or Vampire, its pretty badass!! It adds tons of storyline with plenty of quests, you'll be busy for a while.

Hearthfire pretty much lets you build a house and adopt children. Pretty cool, the houses are really varied and they add tons of upgrade options.

The Dragonborn DLC is the best in my opinion. This DLC opens up a whole new area 'Solsteim' for exploration and its pretty massive! Tons of stuff to do over there you'll be busy with this one for quite a while as well!

Like I said before VERY GOOD DLC, well worth the money!

Edited by ICPosse8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You would come out cheaper buying the ledgendary edition instead, was. $30 the last time I looked. I have been wanting to play it also after hearing so many good things, recently rented the vanilla version from gamefly not knowing for sure if I would like it or not but ended up having a blast.

I've got the Legendary Edition and so far it has crashed 5 times in about 60hrs and I've had 2 or 3 glitches that would have been game breaking if I hadn't fixed/worked round them. I can't comment on the vanilla release since I've only ever had the Legendary Edition but I still treat it like all their other games and save like it's going out of fashion in case I hit any glitches, at least that way I'll have some come back if anything really major goes wrong.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

Dragon born is best one ( new map & locations & spells & quests & new items ) 20$

Dawnguard ( i didnt liked it bcuz its expensive for no reason - its just a main story with some few added things ) 20$

heartfire ( if u want to build a houses and getting marry ) 7$

--------

the best 1 is Dragon born DLC