Something died and I can't get them back

yeah not sure if spoiler or not so in a tag it goes..

[spoiler=lolcyberisanoob] So you know the horse Shadowmere... well I thought it was invincible so I just jumped off a mountain and well yeah he died... on the Skyrim wiki it says he revives 10 days later but he is no where to be seen :'( any help?

Edited by Cyber

Honestly he'll probably just come back at the most random time when you aren't expecting it. There had been times where he'd disappeared for an incredibly long time and then randomly just showed back up.

I hadn't done to him what you mentioned in the spoiler though, so I don't know if that is a special case.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Not bumping threads, but IF nobody ever return unless marked as critical by the game....

I was delivering a quest in some small frozen town at north and the Jarl was outise. I delivered the quest in th e middle of the street and a dragon came from nothing.

The Jarls, despite no range weapon equipped, kept fighting stance and didn't run out of the street.

When i kiled the dragon the Jarl was gone. A week later the Courrier delivered to me a Inheritance Letter with 100 coins.

Ok, he won't come back, butr another Jarl will be elected?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Are dragon attacks in villages and cities scripted or random?

I visited Rorikstead for the first time and talked to a bunch of people in the inn. One of the topics that came up was 'how will you defend against dragons?'.

It was late so I spent the night at the inn. The next morning I stepped outside to a dragon and vampire attack on the town.

I killed the dragon but in the aftermath, a few villagers were completely dead on the ground, including Rorik. One of the girls came up to me and said her parents were now dead, and I adopted her.

I just started playing a few days ago, so I have no idea if all this was completely random and could have been avoided. Or if it would have always happened. Should I be concerned that a village I hadn't yet really done anything in is now half dead? Will this affect my game any?

It's a bit of both, some of the attacks are scripted but others are random. To avoid the Vampires, don't travel or Fast Travel to anywhere it will be night when you get there. Providing no-one important dies i.e quest givers, then it doesn't matter if random NPCs get killed :).

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

It's a bit of both, some of the attacks are scripted but others are random. To avoid the Vampires, don't travel or Fast Travel to anywhere it will be night when you get there. Providing no-one important dies i.e quest givers, then it doesn't matter if random NPCs get killed :).

Thanks. I read up a bit on this happening and decided to finish Dawnguard right away, so I can enjoy the rest of my playthrough without worrying about time of day management.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I read up a bit on this happening and decided to finish Dawnguard right away, so I can enjoy the rest of my playthrough without worrying about time of day management.

I'm a bit late to reply (haven't checked the Skyrim forum for some time), but I also started a new game with all 3 DLC installed. Never had any issues on attacks due to Dawnguard, even though I travelled around a lot. The 2 or 3 encounters I had, the attackers were down in no time. Never had any NPC die, but an encounter in Whiterun left a Messenger dead in the street. The messenger would lie there for some time and kids would play around the corpse and make comments about the dead body. It was at times quite funny, morbid. That's what I call Black Metal Kids!