Oblivion Walker: Have 15 artifacts...no unlock, help

I am pretty much absolutely sure I have done everything correctly and completed all 15 Daedric quests and have all of them in my posession (I know that isn't necessary).

I have 1)Spellbreaker 2)Azura's Star 3)Oghma Infinium 4)Ring of Namira 5)Ring of Hircine 6)Mace of Molag Bal 7)Dawnbreaker 8)Maehrune's Razor 9)Wabbajack 10)Volendrung 11)Ebony Blade 12)Masque of Clavicus Vile 13)Skull of Corruption 14)Sanguine Rose 15)Ebony Mail all at once but no trophy pop. Any ideas what is going on?

There is no way I am going to go through all that again from a new game just for the platinum when I have no idea what went wrong. Grr..please help if you know.

Read the last two comments here (seems that you now need 16) :confused:

Oblivion walker not unlocking... - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Forum - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Xbox.com Forums - Xbox.com

I too have noticed that this 15 item trophy is more difficult after the DLC were added to the mix.

I got mine way before the DLC (with 15)

Edited by ecto69

Good news, I went back to Bloated Man's grotto and Sinding was still there. I killed and skinned him and the ghost of Hircine appeared and I got the Saviour's Hide and finally Oblivion Walker popped! :applause:

This is a weird glitch because prior to this my quest stats showed that I had 15 Daedric quests completed but I guess on the Hide counts. Dunno. Anyways thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

It still says 'Daedric Quests Completed: 15' but I have 16 items total. Either the Ring of Hircine didn't count or you actually need both. I don't quite get it but that's what needs to be done if someone else has this issue.

This was my last trophy before platinum..... oh what a cuntin fucking twat of a trophy, if your new to the game i gotta tell you to read up on everything about this trophy before you progress passed it, i stupidly left it till last but had also messed up the corrupted skull mission, so even though i had completed 15 daedric missions because of the turn out of that mission i only had 14 artefacts but fortunatly had a save from a few days earlier right before i started the second half of these quests, one of which i hadnt started was the saviours hide quest which has a glitch so on my second try i did the glitch which got me the trophy and the platinum but many hours went into this one trophy and made me start hating the game, the game is THE best i have ever played but this trophy has left me reeling with the game and now im happy to sell it, if you have any issues let me know and ill try and help you.

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much gave up getting platinum for Skyrim. Lydia killed the quest giver for "The Cursed Tribe" daedric mission near the beginning. I also messed up on "Waking Nightmare" because I let the guy live. I found out about 20-30 levels later. I don't think I'll have the motivation to start over again.

What is with the freezing on Walking Nightmare? I go to save during the quest to safe guard myself against failing and it will ALWAYS freeze during saving.

It's a common bug with the quest - if you save (or if the game autosaves) during or after the Dreamstride sequence, the game freezes. The easiest "fix" is to turn off autosave and tough it out without saving until the quest is over and you're out of the temple. Another method, if you feel it's necessary for you to be able to save during the quest, is to exit the Nightcaller Temple once before and once after the Dreamstride. You need to exit the temple before starting the Dreamstride portion, or else you won't be able to exit the temple at all during the remainder of the quest.

It's a common bug with the quest - if you save (or if the game autosaves) during or after the Dreamstride sequence, the game freezes. The easiest "fix" is to turn off autosave and tough it out without saving until the quest is over and you're out of the temple. Another method, if you feel it's necessary for you to be able to save during the quest, is to exit the Nightcaller Temple once before and once after the Dreamstride. You need to exit the temple before starting the Dreamstride portion, or else you won't be able to exit the temple at all during the remainder of the quest.

Thanks for your reply. I found out the same thing by searching some more on Google. I turned off auto save for my Daedric run in case I screw up. So far so good! 9/15 working on #10 now.

EDIT:

How the heck is Mehrunes’ Razor activated? Do I have to be a certain level or something? I've not long started a new game and I've done most of the Daedric quests already. I'm level 15. I've already found one piece by just exploring but I haven't activated the quest for this nor have I got an invite to Dawnstar.

Edited by Mr_Gestapo_Man
Update

Ugh, it sucks so bad when a game has trophies that won't unlock even though the requirements are met.

I thought I was screwed as well. Why? Because my first artifact was Masque of Clavicus Vile. After I got it, the Daedric Influence trophy just wouldn't unlock. No matter how many times I tried. I thought it wouldn't count towards this trophy either. I got Daedric Influence only from another artifact.

I decided to proceed anyway and enjoy the game. After I got my final artifact (Oghma Infinium was my last) Oblivion Walker popped up. Thank goodness.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, i got this too yesterday.

Although i was in for a shock as i realized that the Rueful Axe does not count towards this trophy.

But finally i found the drunken bastard demon and got it.

This game is such a blast, if you focus on the Oblivion Walker and Skyrim Hero trophy and you're done with those (already 55 hrs playtime!!!) you can enjoy the rest of it.

oh, and i only had 15 artifacts (excluding the rueful axe that is)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1st main play through - had all trophies bar this. Got 14/15, but the game glitched everytime I went near Largashbur for The Cursed Tribe.

Started a new character. I've now got 14 of the 15 items sitting in the chest in Breezehome, and read Oghma Infinitum. No pop.

Really don't know what I have to do to get it to pop - I killed Sindig and took Savior's Hide. Presume they've not messed around so you DO need Skeleton Key? Do I need to put a soul in Azura's Star?

I'll be beggared if I'm going to start yet another character!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...