XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Furriness

Default Unable to save or access settings

Hi

Does anyone happen to know why it's doing this, or know how to fix the game not allowing me to save, access settings etc? ...it only allows access to 'help'

This is a new disc, had many issues with my first disc last year and, the game during a freezing fit deleted all my skyrim trophies and reset my PS3!

I deleted all files inc. game data for the old disc so, technically starting a fresh.

Whilst playing I note it regularly autosaves but, when I went to manually save to then quit, it wouldn't let me.

Quit via PS3 button then went back into game and the only save existing was right at the very beginning lvl 1 before you choose your character (just lost several hours gameplay)

Any advice appreciated

Umm this dude seems to have the same problem:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4203747AAR0j4e

Last edited by Furriness; 02-26-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Furriness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
ecto69

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Try this Create a new psn account on your playstation, I know it my some work but might help point towards issue and solution.

Start a new game of skyrim

See if it allows saves!

Just to see if maybe the account has an issue or what ever.

I have two accounts for this reason.

Also the game settings file is separate file in the same folder as the game saves this might be corrupted, can safely delete it. There can also be controller file if button setup tweaked?

Top 4
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy FAQ
Mass Effect 2 (100%), Dragon Age II (100%)
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Furriness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto69 View Post
Try this Create a new psn account on your playstation, I know it my some work but might help point towards issue and solution.

Start a new game of skyrim

See if it allows saves!

Just to see if maybe the account has an issue or what ever.

I have two accounts for this reason.

Also the game settings file is separate file in the same folder as the game saves this might be corrupted, can safely delete it. There can also be controller file if button setup tweaked?
Hi, Thanks very much

I've just deleted all its files/data again, then reset my PS3/reinstalled. I've just made a manual save (15 min into game.) See how it goes..maybe the PS3 reset did the trick.

I'll bear your advice in mind though, if it does it again.
Furriness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
BlkXFactr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furriness View Post
Hi, Thanks very much

I've just deleted all its files/data again, then reset my PS3/reinstalled. I've just made a manual save (15 min into game.) See how it goes..maybe the PS3 reset did the trick.

I'll bear your advice in mind though, if it does it again.
In the past I had a bug where you would get infinite load every time, new game, saved game. It didn't matter. I put my saves on my usb drive, and reset the the entire system. If you get any beef after that, your actual saves might be corrupted and could of been a result of past buggier versions of Skyrim like the notorious water glitch from older game data. Doing a total system wipe did the trick for me in the past.

Tags
save, settings, skyrim