• 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

100%2B.JPG

Collected Estimated Platinum Length*

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards platinum.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving platinum.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Please feel free to elaborate on your own experiences by posting below.

*Collected time compiled using base average for each range (i.e. a vote for 0-5 hours = 2.5, 36-50=42.5, etc)

Edited by Viper

why all the low times? I don't even think the main game developer or Q&A tester can complete game in less then what 50-80 hours.

Probably a template for all the games like the difficulty threads. I think these will of great use. I often feel the guides estimated time to platinum/100% are way off.

Thanks for making these, Sweet!

As for Skyrim. I put about 90-100 hours to get all the trophies. That includes reloading mistakes, and losing play time because of crashes.

why all the low times? I don't even think the main game developer or Q&A tester can complete game in less then what 50-80 hours.

It's a template, as these are going to start appearing across the site. Even notoriously hard games like GT5 and Wipeout have "1" as a possible answer in the (P) difficulty polls.

As for my (P) time, I have no shame in admitting I used the Oghma Infinium glitch to reach Level 81 within 6-7 hours, and then did all the main quest. I had a big backlog and didn't fancy spending double the time on the game just levelling up. So think it took me around 50-60 hours for everything, so my vote goes to 50-75.

Let's hope I click the right one this time :o

100+ hours for sure.

Bought the game in January 2012, got the Platinum a few nights ago :p

I spent a lot of time just exploring as many people did. Looking for quests, leveling my character, which still isn't elite yet purely based on enjoying the game for what it is.

But with the DLC coming out and the potentially glitched trophies, the other night I just said screw this, I'm not taking any chances with them. So, got the potentially glitched ones and it just so happens the two I needed to Platinum were Master Criminal and Wanted, so they tied in quite nicely :D

Technically I wasn't able to get platinum due to a glitch where when I finished one of the Mage's Guild missions, the next one never started. However, I was around 85 hours when that happened, so voted 76-100. If you alter your play style enough (1 handed, 2 handed, destruction, restoration etc), you can level up to 50 pretty quickly (and by quickly I mean around 40 hours :p).

It's a template, as these are going to start appearing across the site. Even notoriously hard games like GT5 and Wipeout have "1" as a possible answer in the (P) difficulty polls.

As for my (P) time, I have no shame in admitting I used the Oghma Infinium glitch to reach Level 81 within 6-7 hours, and then did all the main quest. I had a big backlog and didn't fancy spending double the time on the game just levelling up. So think it took me around 50-60 hours for everything, so my vote goes to 50-75.

Let's hope I click the right one this time :o

I don't blame you. Oghma Infinium glitch was pretty popular in the past to experiment with the perk system, there is a steep learning curve to what certain things do and what is worth it in this game as there was no reset other than reloading a save at the time. My first play through I got up to level 50 by normal means only to discover certain fail perks not being worth it and getting the next rank may actually be worse then saving it for something else, forcing me to suspend the game and experiment. Where you may be better off using a poison or an enchanted item(s) in its place.

Bullseye perk just sends a paralyze spell during your arrow shot usually hitting your target before the arrow causing them to fall and your arrow missing, but I've had the damage not count before when they were in chairs and they just get paralyzed forcing you shoot to again especially with sneak shots. Its things like that just make you want to change your perk layout for something better and use a paralyze poison in its place (which I recommend).

Thankfully with the Dragonborn dlc we have a chance to reset stuff, before you had to be smart about your saves. Other times people did entire new playthroughs just to see the differences, not talking about new races or story driven sides: stormcloaks and imperials.

I don't blame you. Oghma Infinium glitch was pretty popular in the past to experiment with the perk system, there is a steep learning curve to what certain things do and what is worth it in this game as there was no reset other than reloading a save at the time. My first play through I got up to level 50 by normal means only to discover certain fail perks not being worth it and getting the next rank may actually be worse then saving it for something else, forcing me to suspend the game and experiment. Where you may be better off using a poison or an enchanted item(s) in its place.

Bullseye perk just sends a paralyze spell during your arrow shot usually hitting your target before the arrow causing them to fall and your arrow missing, but I've had the damage not count before when they were in chairs and they just get paralyzed forcing you shoot to again especially with sneak shots. Its things like that just make you want to change your perk layout for something better and use a paralyze poison in its place (which I recommend).

Thankfully with the Dragonborn dlc we have a chance to reset stuff, before you had to be smart about your saves. Other times people did entire new playthroughs just to see the differences, not talking about new races or story driven sides: stormcloaks and imperials.

Exactly, that was partly the reason. I made a save once I reached 81 and before I assigned perks. So I have my traditional sword-and-shield character, but if I want to go back to that save, I can make a fullly magic character if I wanted. Although now I have 30 dragon souls so I can reset my whole chatacter with full perks if I need to :p

Mine is not an estimate

383 hours across two characters.

#2 Anise Freya :210:48:26+x lvl 53 or 54 (x = + ~1 hour)

#1 Prisoner :172:43:56 lvl 39 (messed up on naming character)

From and including: Friday, November 11, 2011

To and including: Thursday, January 26, 2012

Platinum Trophy

Collect all other 50 Trophies for this Trophy

Obtained on January 26, 2012 8:35:16pm

2 months, 14 days, 21 hours, 25 minutes, 21 seconds to obtain.

Edited by ecto69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...