What's your save file size?

Hey everyone. Im thinking of starting the DLC for Skyrim but im concerned that my save file will be too big to be able to enjoy it properly. At the moment the main game freezes after about 30 mins of playing forcing me to reboot the game to fix it. Does the update fix that problem?

My save is 16mb and clocked 340 hours playtime.

Wondering what everyone else is playing the DLC at?

Mine is 12-13mb and the other is around 5-6mb

The Updates do indeed help with the issue, the save file stops getting larger at some point, mine has been at 12mb for a long time.

The 12-13 has about 260 hours on it almost all game quests done. OK so there are possible many more as there are places I have not been on the map, however no quests in log, just those map updated places from heard conversations.

Edited by ecto69

12 Mb. Haven't many many issues at all really apart from a glitched quest in the civil war storyline. If you diligently maintain 2 or 3 save files at rotating intervals it isn't too bad. Although there seems to be a fair bit of delay (up to 15-20 seconds during autosaving and changing areas).

My initial paladin is 9mb at 105 hours my current wizard is sitting at 12mb and 140 hours. I got the ability to ride dragons last night and it wasn't even laggy while I was flying around attacking other dragons and shit, it was only absolutely epic! I've never had any issues with freezing tho, besides the occasional one that comes after playing for like 9 hours straight lol and that's happened to me with many games

Edited by felatio

• 2 weeks later...

14 Mb - 150 hours. Still have a long way to go to grind to level 70+ for the legendary dragon and complete werewolf and vampire perks.

After prolonged playing A LOT of framerate issues and Lag (framreate drops to less than 1 fps:mad:).

I can still count the number of freezes on one hand though. The problem is that when it does, it forces my PS3 to do a system restore upon restarting.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn guys, how do you manage a file so small? I'm on 200hrs and have a save file of 17Mbs...

My 300+ hour level 66 (created in 2011) is currently 15mb , I need to sell a bunch of stuff and do cleanup.

My first character created 11/11/11 has 10mb save and 178 hours of play on it

• When you sell stuff and keep houses in clean shape it helps keep file small.
  • I actually moved most stuff out of the Breezehome, took all food and content out to see if that helps, it seems to at least with load times in and out of the house.
  • Also if you clean up arrows and other stuff after fights (I do some not always)
  • I don't display many items in houses, even though I own all of them including the Heartfire ones
  • Another thing that might help is if you make a new manual save and do not over write an older save file. This helps clean up the save data.

My Newest save (latest patch) on Xbox is 12mb and has 200 hours on it, mainly played the Dawnguard and Heartfire DLCs only and quests needed to play the DLC

Edited by ecto69

• 1 year later...

I just recently hit 13 mb as soon as I started the dragonborn DLC.

I think it is starting to lag a little. It seems like just some studdering It is kinda bumming me out since it is all downhill from here. However, maybe it was always there, and am now just realizing it.

I am level 63, but I still have a ways to go to get that legendary dragon.

• 1 month later...