XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Ham97

Post Theives guild question

Ive been plaguing through the theives guild quests, and I've just finished the quest where you burn the bee hives, when do I get the unbreakable lockpick.
Ham97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Xernova

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

In one of the last Thieves Guild quests; "Blindsighted". You don't get to keep it anyway, it's removed in the next quest ("Darkness Returns"). And your lockpicking skill will increase slower with the Skeleton Key. So in short; I thought the thing wasn't all that useful.

If you feel like adding me, read this first:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Xernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Soviet1918

Btw Ham97 on a side note DONT sell your Theives guild armor , theres a few people on here that have made that mistake and payed for it..
Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
EPHiCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xernova View Post
In one of the last Thieves Guild quests; "Blindsighted". You don't get to keep it anyway, it's removed in the next quest ("Darkness Returns"). And your lockpicking skill will increase slower with the Skeleton Key. So in short; I thought the thing wasn't all that useful.
It doesn't really increase slower. It's just when lockpicks break your skills increase, since this doesn't break you don't get the advantage of gaining a little more exp. If you were to unlock a gate on the first pick every time with a normal pick you would gain the same amount of exp.

EPHiCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
TINxCUP

Awards Showcase 2012 PS3T Madden Champion   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

The skeleton key is overrated in my opinion. Lock-picking is much easier than it was in Oblivion and you find lock pick much more often. Also, if you upgrade along the thieves path, you attain an unbreakable lock-pick anyway.
TINxCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
dAcHrOnIc

Send a message via MSN to dAcHrOnIc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINxCUP View Post
The skeleton key is overrated in my opinion. Lock-picking is much easier than it was in Oblivion and you find lock pick much more often. Also, if you upgrade along the thieves path, you attain an unbreakable lock-pick anyway.
True. Loot lockpicks from fallen enemies and buy them whenever possible. At one point in the game I had over 100.
Picking locks is easy, no need for the skeleton key.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Colinp42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAcHrOnIc View Post
True. Loot lockpicks from fallen enemies and buy them whenever possible. At one point in the game I had over 100.
Picking locks is easy, no need for the skeleton key.
Heh. I've always bought them from anyone I was doing any business with if they had them (just gives them more money for me to sell things to them). Not sure where I am now since I've been breaking a bunch to level up, but I had over 2000.
Colinp42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #8
Leec1991

You can also get about 30 lockpicks from the lady in the thieves guild when dropping off missions. They are cheap and worth getting while your there.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #9
TINxCUP

Awards Showcase 2012 PS3T Madden Champion   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leec1991 View Post
You can also get about 30 lockpicks from the lady in the thieves guild when dropping off missions. They are cheap and worth getting while your there.
She is a great source for picks. And if you gotten pretty far in the TG quest you should have some fences all over that you can get more picks from. If your lock-picking is above 50 and you cant pick a novice lock without breaking one, you should hang on to the skeleton key.
TINxCUP is offline   Reply With Quote