Theives guild question

Ham97

In one of the last Thieves Guild quests; "Blindsighted". You don't get to keep it anyway, it's removed in the next quest ("Darkness Returns"). And your lockpicking skill will increase slower with the Skeleton Key. So in short; I thought the thing wasn't all that useful.

It doesn't really increase slower. It's just when lockpicks break your skills increase, since this doesn't break you don't get the advantage of gaining a little more exp. If you were to unlock a gate on the first pick every time with a normal pick you would gain the same amount of exp.

The skeleton key is overrated in my opinion. Lock-picking is much easier than it was in Oblivion and you find lock pick much more often. Also, if you upgrade along the thieves path, you attain an unbreakable lock-pick anyway.

True. Loot lockpicks from fallen enemies and buy them whenever possible. At one point in the game I had over 100.

Picking locks is easy, no need for the skeleton key.

True. Loot lockpicks from fallen enemies and buy them whenever possible. At one point in the game I had over 100.

Picking locks is easy, no need for the skeleton key.

Heh. I've always bought them from anyone I was doing any business with if they had them (just gives them more money for me to sell things to them). Not sure where I am now since I've been breaking a bunch to level up, but I had over 2000.

You can also get about 30 lockpicks from the lady in the thieves guild when dropping off missions. They are cheap and worth getting while your there.

She is a great source for picks. And if you gotten pretty far in the TG quest you should have some fences all over that you can get more picks from. If your lock-picking is above 50 and you cant pick a novice lock without breaking one, you should hang on to the skeleton key.