100+ hours, WHY?

klujma

Ok, i did platinum in 57 hours and i promise that iam not writing here because i think that iam good!

Iam writing here because i never rushed, i always searching everything, i did more side quests then i need for trophy, i was exploring, i was enjoying the game..

Iam just asking how can platinum took 100h+ for someone? 100h+ is for completed skyrim on 100% with all 1000 quest, but we are talking about platinum right?? Iam sorry if iam looking like idiot :D but i just wondering about this :think:

INW - Maybe just most trophyhunters here love hunting :)

Edited by klujma

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mattigumi - LOLOLLLLOLLLOOOLL, are you saying that someone dont using fast travel ???? The game will be 4/10 without it, so big.

But anyway - If someone did platinum in 60 hours it just CANT be 100 hours+ in guide, i think it will be better 60 -100+ or something like that.

Edited by klujma

Soooo, it is 100+ hours only because level 50?? Yes i used oghma infinium glitch and then i load my save, anyway iam level 47 now.

mattigumi - LOLOLLLLOLLLOOOLL, are you saying that someone dont using fast travel ???? The game will be 4/10 without it, so big.

But anyway - If someone did platinum in 60 hours it just CANT be 100 hours+ in guide, i think it will be better 60 -100+ or something like that.

If you aren't using glitches for the level 50 its going to take you 100+ hours. I also find it hard to believe you took your time. I took my time, did a ton of extra missions I didn't need to do and still had 113 hours. How you did anything extra and didn't rush to get the plat in under 60 hours is beyond me. There is nothing inaccurate about the guide estimated time as most people will play the game as it's meant to be played and it will take them longer.

If you aren't using glitches for the level 50 its going to take you 100+ hours.

I didn't use any glitches to level (didn't even know there were any) and I finished in about 64 hours. I WAS rushing though because I had other games for Christmas I wanted to play more (Disgaea 4) and because I was worried about getting lag screwed out of being able to play. Which I almost was...

And yeah, it's not possible to do it in under 60 hours if you are taking your time and doing things you don't need to do. Even with the level glitch... Whatever the hell that is ._.

100h+ is for completed skyrim on 100%

... No. 100% would take MUCH longer than 100 hours.

Edited by Tsunami

I said don't always, not never.

Not everyone likes to glitch/cheat their way to trophies. I'm at around 70 hours and am only level 35. 100+ hours seems spot on to me.

In my first game I had played for 120 hours and I only got to about 50% in the trophies.

I restarted as I wasn't happy with some of my skill choices and I wanted a 'perfect' game.

My current save file is at 160 hours and I just got the Plat.

Mind you, I spent many hours just dawdling around exploring. I wanted to prolong my stay in Skyrim for as long as possible so I was putting off the trophies.

The Plat could easily be done in under 100 hours but the majority of people would take longer as it's such a big place to explore.

It took me 115 Hours and I have follow a guide cause the daedric was a missable Trophy and Playing 2 times a games for a Trophy is not my style.

I prefer play a fresh one. The quest Guild are extremely boring and full of Loading Screen.

Honestly the Loading Screen for a Quest is as long the Quest itself.

Sometimes I was avoiding nice things to avoid the Loading Screen.

I am pretty sure I got at least 35-40 Hours only on Loading Screen.

I would not hide the facts I would never had done the Guild Quest if it was not for Trophy. The Main Story is very short too.

Maybe I smoke too much but it seems impossible to Platinum the Game in 60 Hours but if you have done it on PC maybe the Loading Screen is not so ridiculous and I would believe you if that's the case

Edited by ShadowDraygon

Iam writing here because i never rushed, i always searching everything, i did more side quests then i need for trophy, i was exploring, i was enjoying the game..

Iam just asking how can platinum took 100h+ for someone? 100h+ is for completed skyrim on 100% with all 1000 quest, but we are talking about platinum right?? Iam sorry if iam looking like idiot :D but i just wondering about this :think:

Someone on Gamefaqs had a 100% save. Found every place. Did every possible quest except for 6 glitched uncleared Misc. and his total time was above 200. I'm 120 hours in and have not encountered my first dragon. So you did not search everything, you used the OI glitch to just bum rush for the plat. Anyone could do that hence you do not need to wonder so much because this topic is rather pointless.

Im not buying into it either tbh, i have 2 chars, level 54 one and the other level 60 and have took my time. I still only got 82% complete with many quests to do and still aint been to every landmark.

I also fast travel.

If you take your time like me lol, 196 hours and 13min total play time on both accounts overall without any glitches.

Edited by SkiLLz-uK

I agree with the original poster. Im about to get platinum and I have clocked it at 60 hours. I wasnt even trying to get it until I finished all guild quests and story. I have the difficulty all the way up so getting to level 50 was not that bad.

i believe you can get plat in 60 hours even without glitches.

im more of a straight into it kinda player, i dont like standing there and having a long convo with people, or walking halfway across the map to a place you've been hundreds of times before.

ive been playing 32 hours with 52% of trophies and ive done all the longest parts (main quest, civil war, thieves guild)

i think if you skip every convo, fast travel all the time and just have everything worked out on how your going for the trophies then it can be done.

theres also a thread made by someone on here (cant remember your name sorry) showing how to level up your heavy/light armour and block without glitching/cheating its not the fastest way but it'd get it done in under 100 hours.

I am at 170+ on 2nd play and currently 49.33 level

My 1st play thru Play Time: 172.43.56 hours (Level 39)

ETA for Plat is 400 total hours :D currently at 85% trophies.

If not mistaken the levels increase faster when playing at higher difficulty levels

I have played more then 1/2 at NOVICE level.

Only read the book 1 time (as in Patch 2 the book glitch does not work and I really did not want to use it)

I can't imagine getting the plat for this in 57 hours. Sounds like rushing through to me & only doing trophy related quests. I'm at 150 or 160 hours now without the platinum. I wanted Skyrim to be my 25th platinum so I got all the trophies except 100 bounty in all 9 holds & escape from prison. So now that I just got my 24th plat, Duke Nukem, I'll be popping in Skyrim to plat it. I'll probably do another full playthrough too, since the games so damn fun. Luckily I hadn't run into any quest breaking glitches like some folks have. I just experience stupid lag sometimes.

I've got 230+ hours on my only character and I have about 84% completed on the Trophy list. I literally couldn't give a toss about the Trophies, I just like to explore every possible route and hoard as much as I can.

The 1000 gold in each hold bounty Trophy is the only one I would have to go out of my way to achieve and I'll do that much later. Serious talk, I do not rush with a game like this.

Having said that, I did the whole Achievement thing back on Xbox 360 and got to 90,000+ GS and the novelty has finally worn off. I actually prefer the Trophy system, feels a bit more relaxed to me, but I still won't get my knickers in a twist over them.

Soooo, it is 100+ hours only because level 50?? Yes i used oghma infinium glitch and then i load my save, anyway iam level 47 now.

The game is a gradual process of levelling up, this takes a lot of time and messing about to raise cash to buy better equipment/upgrade it all. Your skill levels mean a lot when it comes to battles, to begin with for example Elder dragons etc are hard to kill. You die then try again, and again. Later in game, you naturally level up, you get much better weapons and your powers/higher tier skills are an easy match for almost any foe. Like I said, it takes a lot of time to get to that point - cheating with glitches whether that be dodgy ones or legit ones which allow you to level up say speech. Speech alone if levelled up early makes a huge difference to the entire game, you get much more gold, quests/conversation options all open up and generally the game would be much quicker to complete. The blacksmith levelling is also broken, make loads of leather braces and hey presto - you can make much better weapons and armour. Even without Infinium glitch, if you just levelled up your smithing and speech skills early on, you have in effect cut a huge chunk out of the length of the game.

In conclusion, its not hard to work out by using any of the above - your much increased skill levels, armour, weapons and possible knowledge from game guide before playing game, all make for a far quicker game. Also if lucky enough not to experience very bad lag issues, game glitches, corrupted/lost saves - maybe, though still very unlikely to complete in 60 hours. For anybody to say they didn't use any form of glitch/cheat and get plat in 60 hours is a liar, clear and simple! The thieves guild quests take at least 10 hours alone, the 15 Daedric weapon quests probably minimum 10-15 hours, theres 25 hours already without even touching side quests and the huge amount of work it takes to earn enough gold for that trophy or XP for level 50. Time time time...

Oh and I might add that the feature to lower the difficulty at any time also will strip the length of game down. If you are struggling with an particular part of the game, normally you would just have to deal with it and this takes time to work out and repeat over and over until you succeed. If playing easy on any part of this game, in a way your cheating...

Edited by The Captain