Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #21
ecto69

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I am at 170+ on 2nd play and currently 49.33 level

My 1st play thru Play Time: 172.43.56 hours (Level 39)

ETA for Plat is 400 total hours currently at 85% trophies.

If not mistaken the levels increase faster when playing at higher difficulty levels
I have played more then 1/2 at NOVICE level.

Only read the book 1 time (as in Patch 2 the book glitch does not work and I really did not want to use it)

Top 4
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy FAQ
Mass Effect 2 (100%), Dragon Age II (100%)
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #22
scrowson81

I can't imagine getting the plat for this in 57 hours. Sounds like rushing through to me & only doing trophy related quests. I'm at 150 or 160 hours now without the platinum. I wanted Skyrim to be my 25th platinum so I got all the trophies except 100 bounty in all 9 holds & escape from prison. So now that I just got my 24th plat, Duke Nukem, I'll be popping in Skyrim to plat it. I'll probably do another full playthrough too, since the games so damn fun. Luckily I hadn't run into any quest breaking glitches like some folks have. I just experience stupid lag sometimes.
scrowson81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #23
JoBot 8000

Send a message via Skype™ to JoBot 8000

I've got 230+ hours on my only character and I have about 84% completed on the Trophy list. I literally couldn't give a toss about the Trophies, I just like to explore every possible route and hoard as much as I can.

The 1000 gold in each hold bounty Trophy is the only one I would have to go out of my way to achieve and I'll do that much later. Serious talk, I do not rush with a game like this.

Having said that, I did the whole Achievement thing back on Xbox 360 and got to 90,000+ GS and the novelty has finally worn off. I actually prefer the Trophy system, feels a bit more relaxed to me, but I still won't get my knickers in a twist over them.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #24
mgsgenesis

maybe cause when i play it i look everywhere and explore everything..... not rushin for a platinum!

I'm no Hero.......never was.......never will be. [Solid Snake]

Top 4 platinums - Metal Gear Solid 2/ 3 /peace walker/4
mgsgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:07 AM   #25
The Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by klujma View Post
Soooo, it is 100+ hours only because level 50?? Yes i used oghma infinium glitch and then i load my save, anyway iam level 47 now.
The game is a gradual process of levelling up, this takes a lot of time and messing about to raise cash to buy better equipment/upgrade it all. Your skill levels mean a lot when it comes to battles, to begin with for example Elder dragons etc are hard to kill. You die then try again, and again. Later in game, you naturally level up, you get much better weapons and your powers/higher tier skills are an easy match for almost any foe. Like I said, it takes a lot of time to get to that point - cheating with glitches whether that be dodgy ones or legit ones which allow you to level up say speech. Speech alone if levelled up early makes a huge difference to the entire game, you get much more gold, quests/conversation options all open up and generally the game would be much quicker to complete. The blacksmith levelling is also broken, make loads of leather braces and hey presto - you can make much better weapons and armour. Even without Infinium glitch, if you just levelled up your smithing and speech skills early on, you have in effect cut a huge chunk out of the length of the game.
In conclusion, its not hard to work out by using any of the above - your much increased skill levels, armour, weapons and possible knowledge from game guide before playing game, all make for a far quicker game. Also if lucky enough not to experience very bad lag issues, game glitches, corrupted/lost saves - maybe, though still very unlikely to complete in 60 hours. For anybody to say they didn't use any form of glitch/cheat and get plat in 60 hours is a liar, clear and simple! The thieves guild quests take at least 10 hours alone, the 15 Daedric weapon quests probably minimum 10-15 hours, theres 25 hours already without even touching side quests and the huge amount of work it takes to earn enough gold for that trophy or XP for level 50. Time time time...

Oh and I might add that the feature to lower the difficulty at any time also will strip the length of game down. If you are struggling with an particular part of the game, normally you would just have to deal with it and this takes time to work out and repeat over and over until you succeed. If playing easy on any part of this game, in a way your cheating...

Last edited by The Captain; 01-23-2012 at 02:14 AM.
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #26
Skullz_69

Awards Showcase Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

204hours for Platinum!
Waiting for patch 1.4 to make another character!

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
CURRENTLY PLAYING
???
BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED
Skullz_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:26 AM   #27
felatio

I did 87 hours for plat but I had fun with it and enjoyed the game did pretty well every side quest even the non-trophy related ones before completing the main story but I wanted to experience the game. I waited for that game since Oblivion I was more interested in taking in everything it had to offer and enjoying it in it's entirety over getting a quick plat. Quick plats are why I bought Trine 2, something like Skyrim is there to enjoy, the plat is just a nice bonus.

1st : Fallout 3
Latest : Minecraft
PSN 100%: 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, Spare Parts, Wheel of Fortune, Trine 2, CS:GO, Minecraft
felatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:30 AM   #28
felatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowson81 View Post
I can't imagine getting the plat for this in 57 hours. Sounds like rushing through to me & only doing trophy related quests. I'm at 150 or 160 hours now without the platinum. I wanted Skyrim to be my 25th platinum so I got all the trophies except 100 bounty in all 9 holds & escape from prison. So now that I just got my 24th plat, Duke Nukem, I'll be popping in Skyrim to plat it. I'll probably do another full playthrough too, since the games so damn fun. Luckily I hadn't run into any quest breaking glitches like some folks have. I just experience stupid lag sometimes.

I made Skyrim my 11th plat which I saw as fitting as it was released on 11/11/11 lol. Had 9 a few days before it was released so I popped in Borderlands and grinded out the last few levels I needed for the lvl 50 trophy hahah

1st : Fallout 3
Latest : Minecraft
PSN 100%: 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, Spare Parts, Wheel of Fortune, Trine 2, CS:GO, Minecraft
felatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #29
Soviet1918

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsgenesis View Post
maybe cause when i play it i look everywhere and explore everything..... not rushin for a platinum!

Yep same here its not a frigging race.

klujma i think your missing the point of the game & missing a lot in game.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #30
dAcHrOnIc

Send a message via MSN to dAcHrOnIc

I'm about 100 hours right now and 90% complete trophy wise.
My main thing is whenever I see a marker on my compass for a place I haven't discovered I always make a point to search it out. I've discovered 256 places so far and I haven't even retrieved Jurgens horn.

I also have only read 30 skill books in that time so I suspect that will be the last trophy that I need and will have to grind that out.