Super Fast Way To Get Illusion to level 100

...and raise many character levels at the same time. It may take you a few levels to get the base laid out but it's worth the time.

1. Go to Dragonreach in Whiterun

2. Buy the Muffle Spell from the mage

3. Buy the first 2 perks under Illusion that halve the magic cost for novice and apprentice

4. Level your magic up to about 110

5. Cast Muffle 4 times

6. Wait 1 game hour (this refills the magic quicker than waiting)

7. Repeat steps 5 and 6

8. In no time you'll bump Illusion to 100 and raise multiple character levels

You can use the same method for alteration or conjuration as well. Candlelite is an easy spell to spam and pick whatever you want for conjuration.

I used the same method in Oblivion. I would do it when I had something to watch on the computer. Then just hit the magic trigger over and over, not really thinking about it.

I tend to wait a bit before I work on those though. You don't want to be a higher level character with lower level offense and defence skills. Enemies don't care if you can masterfully pick locks and shine bright lights :p If you also wait a bit, you should either have some items, or just have decent enough magicka regen to not worry about waiting all the time

Edited by bobsnotmyuncle

What I did when doing this was have my magic at around 200, and I wore loads of clothes that had a 100% increase in the speed of magic regeneration bonus. I just walked around doing my own things but casting muffle at the same time. Even quicker than waiting an hour because it literally only took about a second from having no magic left to being able to cast the spell again. :)

Ok, I don't know how many people have thought of this already, but I just had a genius idea. It just dawned on me before watching my show (when I was gonna start the magic leveling process anyways now...) that you can dual weild magics. So, why not level up 2 schools of magic at once. I just worked my illusion from level 21 to level 73 in about 45 minutes. I also worked on alteration using candlelite but that only went up like 2 levels.

Oh, so on that note, is there a better spell for alteration? Cause candlelite takes foooooorever... (its still only level 32 now...)

Either way, dual casting means dual leveling :p

For dual casting: assuming the two spells have the same magicka cost, you'd either be able to cast both spells once, or the same spell twice.

So really, it doesn't matter, it will still take the same amount of time to level.

I'm refering to leveling 2 different schools at once, not 2 of the same kind. Conjuration and restoration, illusion and alteration, alteration and conjuration... who cares what 2 you pick, point is you can do them at the same time. You have 2 hands, make use of it.

Why blast off one magic school 9000 times to level it, then blast off another school 9000 times afterwards when you don't need to? Thats just criminally inefficient...