Christwire petition White House to outlaw/burn copies of Skyrim [Fake]

Vuule

EDIT: It seems Christwire is a

satirical website that publishes blog style articles that highlight perceived excesses of Christian conservatives along with derogative slang, homophobic references, and hints at child abuse.

A Tennessee man kicked off a White House petition on Thanksgiving urging the President of the United States to ban The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for "the safety of America's youths."

So far he has five backers, and only 24,994 more digital signatures to go to meet his goal.

Confused? Let me explain. The official website for the White House now includes the ability for anyone 13 or older who lives in the U.S. to start a petition about literally anything and try to garner the President's attention with it. The result has been... interesting?

While there are legitimate petitions about legitimate issues on the site, there are also plenty of out-of-left field, and downright crazy ones. Maybe even some jokes. I'm not sure where this one falls, but I'm hoping it's just a joke. Heck, maybe it's linked to the christian satire article that Luke wrote about earlier today.

Here's the full petition in all of its glory:

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:

Immediately Ban the Deadly Videogame Known as "SkyRim" for The Safety of America's Youths.

Whereas videogaming has proven to cause social, ethical and health problems in people of all ages,

Whereas sexual perversion and homosexuality are threatening to destroy the Christian foundations on which this nation was built,

Whereas a new video game has just been created that far exceeds any others in the psychological and spiritual damage it does to teens,

We, the American people, today ask you,

1) To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as "SkyRim" produced by Blizzard Entertainment.

2) To seize and destroy all copies already in public hands and erase its presence on the internet.

3) To prosecute the players of "SkyRim" to the fullest extent of the law.

4) To create a national database of videogame avatars and "screen names" so that teenagers can be better monitored.

Update: Turns out the petition was indeed created by the Christwire folks.

Source: A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them

:rofl: They can't be serious right.. Best joke ever :applause: Also, Blizzard Entertainment? Dafuq..

Edited by Vuule

If it's a joke, then it's not a very good one.

I think it's hilarious, and it's quite funny to see people who don't realise it getting so upset and not realising they've been trolled.

You should check out this other article about Skyrim from ChristWire:

Is Skyrim Teaching Your Children How to Perform “Rim Jobs” and Other Homo Erotic Sex Maneuvers?

Yes, it is a joke guys, so no need to get butthurt that they're making ridiculous claims about your favourite game.

My favourite gem from the article:

http://christwire.org/wp-content/uploads/Untitled-130.jpg
Edited by Coop

Whereas sexual perversion and homosexuality are threatening to destroy the Christian foundations on which this nation was built

Wrong. America wasn't built upon Christian foundations, although Christianity was probably one of the more prevalent religions. I'll bet whoever wrote that didn't know Muslims fought in the American Revolution, and even won American military uniforms - which in those days were the highest honor a soldier could receive.

Oh--man! Reminds me of the old one about Portal 2 being a devil-game from Lanover Baptist Church.

Could have sworn you were there for that k1ll1ng5pr33--maybe even called the hoax on it?

The Internet isn't big enough for any more "satirical" sites making good Christians look bad.

Really. When they really do protest a game, we'll be desensitized and we'll just laugh it off as another April Fools-type joke. ^^