Moments Skyrim has unintentionally made you leap out of your skin

Peabob_

Today something happened that made me leap off the sofa and make my girlfriend stop cooking to see if I was ok due to my girlish scream.

I was heading across the map at night in a slightly wooded area with patches of long grass. I'm looking left and right as I move forward. I see a red emeny dot at the top of the screen appear. I continue forward slowly looking into the clear distance trying to see what this could be, but I just can't make anythign out. Suddenly from a patch of grass two feet in front of me a Skeever leaps at my face filling my whole 32 inch screan with it's horrible face and high pitched scream. I throw the controller away from myself and leap ONTO the sofa.

And I lost about 1000 man-points from my girlfriend.

lol, 1000 more points lost for the sparkly bear picture. lol, just playin' I get scared by bears more often then anything. I'm just standing there looking at the northern lights or something, then all of a sudden from behind ROAR and I'm smacked down a hill... my tv is a piece of shit too, I can only imagine it on a good set-up. My friend has a nice set-up, first time I seen Oblivion at his place, I was trippin on shrooms and couldn't tell what was game and what was the result of drugs the sound in these games is so good...

I hate the dark nights when im walking forward limited visibility.... then you hear some howling... i look around and i dont see it. So i move forward more... still nothing and then it jumps at you!!! not just one your now surrounded by 2 or 3 of them.

Snow Wolf are even worse >_<.

Snow saber tooth holy shit im terrified when im up against any of those

I have 2.1 sound set up with a 50" plasma. I calibrated the TV to be very close to how the movies are suppose to look. o.o the sound just lures me into the game and i feel like im there.

Edited by chris1neji

Oh, yeah, no big deal, just going to walk toward my destination here...

...climbing up a mountain of questionable traversability, no big deal, making it one hop at a time. Hearing some howling, must be a couple wolves, no big deal, I'll just blast them with some lightning bolt when I see them.

Climbing up to the next ledge and seeing horizon--oh, hello little deer. Let me just cook you with lightning and take your skin, when all of a sudden a huge bear just devours my health (110) in nearly one swipe!!

Another time I had three bears and two dragons fighting me and each other. Once I almost had one dragon taken care of, a blood dragon also flies in to join the fight. It was pretty awesome looking, albeit less startling than a bear sneaking up beside me and raping my health and their nasty-loud roars.

I was trying to fill a bunch of my petty soul gems last night by killing general game beasts out in the wilderness. As I was creeping through the brush something kept causing me to lurch forward. After the second or third lurch, I turned around and there was a Blood Dragon inches from my face. It startled me so bad (even though dragons are pretty much harmless at this point).

The music never changed, and I never heard him walk up, nor heard his attack sounds. Strange indeed.

lol, 1000 more points lost for the sparkly bear picture

You don't lose man-points for a magician Sooty avatar, in fact it multiplies them 10x ;)

I've been freaked out a few times playing up late with the lights out, most recently I was just strolling along enjoying the pretty scenery when out of nowhere a bear comes for me :eek: followed by another bear :eek: followed by a Troll :eek: and of course as I was running away to heal myself I run into a giant :shock:

I was attacking two mammoths with my bow and arrows. I was very low leveled and was attacking them just because I wanted to kill one. I get one of them almost dead when all of a sudden the ground starts shaking and a club wacks me over the head and I get sent very high up into the air. Little did I know a giant was guarding those mammoths. :p

The first time I discovered Fort Amol, I had an easy time dispatching the apprentice mages outside. Stepping through one of the doors, I was met by a fire and ice mage, who proceeded to cast what must have been their most powerful spells at me, since I died in what seemed like one hit-- I'm not even sure if the second spell touched me. Thankfully the autosave from the door allowed me to escape by a fraction of a second the next time, and checking the room over and over in sneak mode eventually led to the mages' deaths by sneak attack. One of the first times in Skyrim I ever had my jaw drop, since before then none of the enemies but dragons/giants were much of a challenge.

I have had to hand over my MAN CARD completely!

For the bellow of "FUCK ME!" at 2.30 am to cause your other half to thunder down stairs to find me playing Skyrim, then finding out the game made me do it, to be called at FUCKIN TWAT tends to have that reaction by the other half!

Being a sneak Khajjit archer i was...well sneaking, towards a camp, took out the first guy with a sneaky arrow to the head, which prompted about 7 really pissed off bandits to storm out chasing me.I was getting a bit of a kicking, so as i turned to leg it i literally ran in to a Mammoth.As i have a 55d8000 this thing was like full size(in my stella soaked 2.30 am mind), hence the FUCK ME!

Best thing about it was he ignored me and just attacked the bandits!! Happy days thought i, then i got my man card taken away by the doris.I'm sure she continued slagging me off on face book, but meh, like i give a shit :D

Oh man, you guys have a lot of Skeever stories.

Well, I usually play with the lights off and pretty late at that. I have a decent surround system, so I can usually hear every detail the sound of the game has to offer. Well.. in some of the dungeons where the theme is of the "undead nord" kind of thing, I can hear the jittering of the skeletons, the breathing/huffing of the draugrs before they shout, and the quick tattering they both make when looking for me. Very creepy at 2am.

So I'm carelessly rushing through one of those thematic dungeons, not thinking of course, and I get to a chamber with the coffin like thing in the ground. See it, run towards it with no intention of stopping, AND BAMMMM!! Thing freaking shoots up and scares the living sh*t out of me. I'm talking about full on scaring me to the point where I stand up so fast, the chair shoots out from behind me and hits the wall.

I hate draugrs. :|

Only read if you have completed the main story quests:

[spoiler=ID3WRSGHST34W4QE] When you go to that place at the end to kill Alduin where the mist is. I ran casually through it, not contemplating that I would run into Alduin. Not only that, I only saw him at the last second and he suddenly flew into the sky. It scared the living daylights out of me for sure! It was almost the perfect horror scene!

Mine is pretty similar to everyone else. I was walking outside the walls of Windhelm going on a quest and I stopped to look at the sky (who doesn't from time to time). I figured since I'm near several guards I'd be fine. Well when I was done looking I turned around and there were 3 wolves standing right behind me. Usually they make sounds or at least attack when they're near, but this time they didn't. I nearly jumped out of my seat, quite funny.