XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
statikcat

Well my game is honestly getting unplayable and I am about to sell the game or ask Bethesda for a Steam code. Walking outside is non stop chopping. I never had these issues with Fallout which I plat. 60 bucks all this invested time and I can barely play. Worst game experience of PS3 to date.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #12
Bounty V

Send a message via Skype™ to Bounty V

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Word of Mouth - Silver   10,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Moderator   Bronze Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
Well my game is honestly getting unplayable and I am about to sell the game or ask Bethesda for a Steam code. Walking outside is non stop chopping. I never had these issues with Fallout which I plat. 60 bucks all this invested time and I can barely play. Worst game experience of PS3 to date.
I agree with most of what you said in regards to the game itself. I've put in over 80 hours and it's really becoming unplayable for me. I'll platinum the game once they fix it. If they don't/can't fix it then I'll grind my way to platinum sometime before 2012. I've really enjoyed the game so I can't really have any complaints.

AMAZING avatar & signature by DaFaztFingaz!
Site Rules|*Read Before Posting*|Spoiler Tags|PS3T Clan Central|Cycleholics Anonymous|About Me
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Bounty V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #13
BeardedBushMan

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
That really sucks. I have maybe about 40 hrs into the game and haven't had any of these issues (knock on wood), but I would be really pissed if I experienced them. I hope there is a patch that fixes it.
BeardedBushMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #14
Skullz_69

Awards Showcase Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I'm over 100hours in and I've just started getting lag and glitches

CURRENTLY PLAYING
???
BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED
Skullz_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #15
Terje550

i've been playing for 115 hours and my save file is about 14mb and aside from a few bugs and glitches here and there i don't really have any problems except the framerate but that solves itself after rebooting the ps3.
After i stopped using the autosave i feel like the game runs much better though.
Terje550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
Lukezordz

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Sorry, but imo I think not being able to manually save is ridiculous... what if you want to go back to a certain point? I'm not gonna change the way I play a game because of the makers mistakes

Lukezordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #17
ecto69

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I had a thought and it seems to help, if you save always a new file, and never over write and older file with new data, the file size seems to stay close to the same. Also I have been moving and selling inventory so it is only in one or 2 places and not in my two locations (Whiterun house and College Mansion).

My thinking here is that when you over write a file it may add extra into and hence it continues to grow in size. At least that is my theory.

I will continue to monitor and report findings.

Top 4
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy FAQ
Mass Effect 2 (100%), Dragon Age II (100%)
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V.
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #18
NovaSD

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I just reboot my ps3 every couple hours and the framerate is bearable. It only starts to happen when I play for extended periods.

My save file is at 10.5 mb.

Currently playing: Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Latest : Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
NovaSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #19
Rawra

Send a message via AIM to Rawra Send a message via Skype™ to Rawra

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   First PS4 Game Nights   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Submission   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month Winner   Rockets Must Have Died
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

My gamesave is a 10MB and that's from autosaving, so there goes your theory? Like everyone else has said, if you start getting bad lag after playing for a few hours, just restart the game and it's gone.
Rawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #20
ecto69

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawra View Post
My gamesave is a 10MB and that's from autosaving, so there goes your theory? Like everyone else has said, if you start getting bad lag after playing for a few hours, just restart the game and it's gone.
It was just a thought I had in the last 12 hours of game play. Most likely totally wrong. I have over 100 save files, which I save and purge to USB. So far my save file has remained below 7mb.

If a reboot fixes this lag then it is 99% memory fragmentation, just like ME2.

Don't forget there are only 3 auto save files it must overwrite the oldest or use a pattern similar to Dragon Age 2. Unless it deletes the old file first and then creates the new autosave, only the developers know for sure. Whereas when you manual save a new file every time it does not need to overwrite the other file.

But then what do I know I am not a programmer anymore and never game dev. Most likely the reason my save file shrinks is that I am getting rid of items (in disenchanting them and selling them etc) so can does not need to keep track of them anymore to the best of my understanding.

Top 4
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy FAQ
Mass Effect 2 (100%), Dragon Age II (100%)
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V.
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote