best to marry?

barcod69

The Riverwood traders sister is pretty good, she has a pretty sweet shop with some nice items there on occasion. Also in addition she will give you 100 Gold of the profit she makes per 24hours, note that the gold count will stack. For example waiting for 10 days and then returning to her and asking if she has made anything with the shop and she will give you 1000 gold, for nothing.

:p Marrying someone has never been so beneficial!:whistle:

Yup, regardless of who you marry they will open a shop. I married Aela from the Companions and even though my house is in Whiterun (the same town as the Companions) she opened up a shop.
also she keeps her own house and it remains locked :think:

I picked Ysolda it was easy find a mammoth tusk and wear the amulet.

The hardest part was beating up the giants and the mammoth :rolleyes:

Edited by ecto69

Little off topic but now that we got that out of the way, can anyone explain why, when I try to get married, nobody shows until the day after, and everyone is just upset and crying at that point?

Chronologically I went to the temple, got the Mara necklace, talked to a girl in Whiterun (fast-travel), asked for marriage, went back to Riften (fast-travel), talked to Mara's associate in the Barb and the Bee tavern, confirmed marriage, then walked to the temple. A bit later, the associate showed up. Nobody else came until the next day at ~0030-0100 hrs and boy were they mad.

My housecarl from Whiterun also showed up, but she didn't want to get married or have pre-marital relations.

It's not addressed in the guide; I'm gonna Google around to see if any other have had this problem...

Edit: okay that was easy, apparently it's this dead guy and if I just wait a few hours I can repropose and he should hopefully be cleaned up at that point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0obSVTdFOMQ]Skyrim Glitch: Corpse Ruins Marriage Bug - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by R353ARCH D35TROY

Mjoll The Lioness in Riften is great, can go on quests with you, she can wear heavy armor, two-handed attacks, bow attacks.

And I think she is part of a Thieves Guild quest where I have to fight her. But I haven't done that yet, I kind of agreed with her that the Thieves Guild sucked, did her mission at a Dwemer ruin. I think because of the Thieves Guild mission she can't be killed until that time? She will take a knee when she is close to death, can do the Healing Hands spell on her to revive her and she is ready for more fighting.

I want it. Though I think Sylgja has a bigger rack squeezed underneath her pauper shirt.

I was going to go with Ysolda (Whiterun, the aspiring merchant girl)--a fiery redhead, working hard to get a trading business going (I like the ambition), and always looking like she's about to cry which I find sexy.

But now I dunnoooooooo..... Muiri has youth. Though she could use a little more practice applying her eye shadow as she got it all over her face. Silly girl.

Edited by R353ARCH D35TROY

I want a Shiba dog. Hopefully no children.

If I do, though, at least I have a pony that Astrid gave me.

This is true. My pony died on me...the dumb thing jumped off a cliff :eek: then about 50 gameplay hours later I randomly walked past the cliff - lo and behold there stood my pony right where it had dropped dead :confused: Coulda used that pony 50 hours earlier.

I think I'm going to marry Muiri

IMO she is damn hot in this outfit:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111128062034/elderscrolls/images/a/ad/MUIRI.PNG

How do you change your wife's clothes? Muiri wasn't wearing that when I saw her.

I thought mine was dressed shabby so I pickpocketed her and put fine clothes in her inventory. So not only did I get a dream wife who cooks for me and gives me money but I'm also the perfect husband giving my wife expensive clothes.

But she wouldn't wear it. She just keeps her normal clothes.

I'm sure the PC can change clothes easy with commands. Any way to do it with the PS3?

How do you change your wife's clothes? Muiri wasn't wearing that when I saw her.

I thought mine was dressed shabby so I pickpocketed her and put fine clothes in her inventory. So not only did I get a dream wife who cooks for me and gives me money but I'm also the perfect husband giving my wife expensive clothes.

But she wouldn't wear it. She just keeps her normal clothes.

I'm sure the PC can change clothes easy with commands. Any way to do it with the PS3?

Guessing it is a MOD on PC and maybe on Xbox.

I tossed some boots/shoes on the floor in the bedroom, and the next thing I hear the wife asks about one of the items if she could keep it.

She also says that she will try it on.

No idea if she did or not (never notice what boots she wore before)

So I just tossed clothes and items on the bed and they were always there untouched.

==

Also mine stopped cooking for me, no more daily meals. :(

I don't think she is pissed at me as I still get the 100/day from the profit.

Guessing it is a MOD on PC and maybe on Xbox.

I tossed some boots/shoes on the floor in the bedroom, and the next thing I hear the wife asks about one of the items if she could keep it.

She also says that she will try it on.

No idea if she did or not (never notice what boots she wore before)

So I just tossed clothes and items on the bed and they were always there untouched.

==

Also mine stopped cooking for me, no more daily meals. :(

I don't think she is pissed at me as I still get the 100/day from the profit.

I freed some prisoners in some area and dropped some excess armor that was getting too heavy. Just iron stuff. They asked me if they could have it.

So kinda cool the wife does that too.

That'd be cool to change your wife's clothes like Miuri has. My one handed skill would go up.

so is there an option to marry a male character?

i don't have the game yet :p ...but no ones has mentioned it here...

Yep, there's a whole list of potential spouses here: Marriage - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Sorex Vinius is the most attractive potential husband IMO. Most of the others look weird -_-

Edited by Sunlit Garden