XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Vyrastas
Administrator

Awards Showcase Vy's Glow in the Dark Role Playing Mix   Staff - Administrator   Bright Idea!   Helping Hand   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   10,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Default Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

WARNING!
SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This thread has been created to discuss anything The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. A little reminder for you all, posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

Vyrastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Bounty V

Send a message via Skype™ to Bounty V

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Word of Mouth - Silver   10,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Moderator   Bronze Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaile23 View Post
edit: *update with proper terms!*
im doing the "blessings of nature" quest, to retrieve nettlebane from a bunch of witches just north east of Helgen.

the witches there are handing my arse to me constantly, what should i do? bugger off and get stronger first? what techniques should i use to beat em?
Read the OP.

I'm a little disappointed with the Dark Brotherhood this time around. No Five Tenets??? I also think the contracts in Oblivion were a little more in depth in terms of how to kill. I'm to the part where I go into the crypt to speak to Amaund Motierre, so I'm not sure how far in I am but all the contracts so far have been very lacking. Quite frankly a side quest I started while performing my first 'real' contract was more interesting...

-Edit-

There is one thing I like though, in fact I find it absolutely hilarious; the Brotherhood member who looks like a 10 year old girl.

-Edit 2-

What did everyone else think of the Emperor (Hail Sithis! quest)? Did you do his 'favor'?

AMAZING avatar & signature by DaFaztFingaz!
Site Rules|*Read Before Posting*|Spoiler Tags|PS3T Clan Central|Cycleholics Anonymous|About Me (UPDATED!)
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Bounty V; 11-13-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Bounty V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Vaile23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty V View Post
Read the OP.
great input. thanks for the effort...
Old 11-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
ecto69

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Star Trek in Skyrim

Well not really but a reference

Temba - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

The name "Temba" is a reference to the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode Darmok (one of the best episodes ever)

Found it while researching who to court in skyrim

Marriage - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Top 4
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy FAQ
Mass Effect 2 (100%), Dragon Age II (100%)
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V.
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
privatetoast

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Gold Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

I just completed the Taste of Death quest, and holy crap did it take a turn for the sinister. At least I was rewarded with a Daedric Artifact for my (admittedly horrible ) actions.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
Bounty V

Send a message via Skype™ to Bounty V

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Word of Mouth - Silver   10,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Moderator   Bronze Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

I was finishing up the Civil War quest line as a Stormcloak and when I reached the Stable outside Solitude a guard tried to arrest me for my outstanding bounty of 5k (from killing the emperor *cough*). Normally I'd just walk away but at the same time I heard the tell tale noise of a dragon hovering above. The guard broke off the conversation and tried hopelessly swinging at the dragon (which was in the air, obviously) before deciding to change his gaze towards me. Funny enough Shadowmere started attacking him as well as the dragon (in an attempt to hit me I suppose). Long story short the guard didn't stand a chance. The irony of this is that he ultimately failed to protect the stable regardless of his actions. On the other hand, you would think a dragon would pose a greater threat than little ol' me and my horse.

-edit-
After finishing "Loud and Clear" Brynjolf mentions meeting Maven Black-Briar and even references the Dark Brotherhood. I personally think if we have progressed far enough in the game that we should have an option to comment back on the Dark Brotherhood, especially since I currently head it. Would be ironic for someone to call the Dark Brotherhood to kill the Listener

AMAZING avatar & signature by DaFaztFingaz!
Site Rules|*Read Before Posting*|Spoiler Tags|PS3T Clan Central|Cycleholics Anonymous|About Me (UPDATED!)

Last edited by Bounty V; 11-16-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Bounty V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
Nagisa

The bit in the Drak Bro'hood line when Astrid is a charred talking corpse was tripping. As a whole I feel that all the guild quests aren't as good as Oblivion but that random quests are better.
Nagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #8
abraxias

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatetoast View Post
I just completed the Taste of Death quest, and holy crap did it take a turn for the sinister. At least I was rewarded with a Daedric Artifact for my (admittedly horrible ) actions.
Christ I didn't realise Taste of Death was a Daedric quest!! I walked out at the point they asked me to taste the flesh thinking it would turn me into a bloody vampire or something. I'd better go back and snack on that poor bloke now I guess..... will nip into an inn and pick up a nice bottle of red on the way.
abraxias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
ecto69

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

How many have fought Alduin , is it just me and my style of play , that battle was wicked, and long one. At first I thought I was fighting more then one dragon, did not read about this Quest "Alduin's Bane"

Epic in MHO.

I however need to restore to an older save file and leave this one to the end or close, as Lydia my side kick died. Not sure how I can keep her alive and in the battle

I have lost her many times and always revert to a prior save to keep her with me.

Top 4
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy FAQ
Mass Effect 2 (100%), Dragon Age II (100%)
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V.
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
Nagisa

I sacrificed Lydia in a daedric quest. Bitch was not up for a threesome and had to die.
Nagisa is offline   Reply With Quote