Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Vyrastas

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This thread has been created to discuss anything The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. A little reminder for you all, posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: *update with proper terms!*

im doing the "blessings of nature" quest, to retrieve nettlebane from a bunch of witches just north east of Helgen.

the witches there are handing my arse to me constantly, what should i do? bugger off and get stronger first? what techniques should i use to beat em?

Read the OP.

I'm a little disappointed with the Dark Brotherhood this time around. No Five Tenets??? I also think the contracts in Oblivion were a little more in depth in terms of how to kill. I'm to the part where I go into the crypt to speak to Amaund Motierre, so I'm not sure how far in I am but all the contracts so far have been very lacking. Quite frankly a side quest I started while performing my first 'real' contract was more interesting...

-Edit-

There is one thing I like though, in fact I find it absolutely hilarious; the Brotherhood member who looks like a 10 year old girl.

-Edit 2-

What did everyone else think of the Emperor (Hail Sithis! quest)? Did you do his 'favor'?

Edited by Bounty V

I was finishing up the Civil War quest line as a Stormcloak and when I reached the Stable outside Solitude a guard tried to arrest me for my outstanding bounty of 5k (from killing the emperor *cough*). Normally I'd just walk away but at the same time I heard the tell tale noise of a dragon hovering above. The guard broke off the conversation and tried hopelessly swinging at the dragon (which was in the air, obviously) before deciding to change his gaze towards me. Funny enough Shadowmere started attacking him as well as the dragon (in an attempt to hit me I suppose). Long story short the guard didn't stand a chance. The irony of this is that he ultimately failed to protect the stable regardless of his actions. On the other hand, you would think a dragon would pose a greater threat than little ol' me and my horse.

-edit-

After finishing "Loud and Clear" Brynjolf mentions meeting Maven Black-Briar and even references the Dark Brotherhood. I personally think if we have progressed far enough in the game that we should have an option to comment back on the Dark Brotherhood, especially since I currently head it. Would be ironic for someone to call the Dark Brotherhood to kill the Listener

Edited by Bounty V

I just completed the Taste of Death quest, and holy crap did it take a turn for the sinister. At least I was rewarded with a Daedric Artifact for my (admittedly horrible :p) actions.

Christ I didn't realise Taste of Death was a Daedric quest!! I walked out at the point they asked me to taste the flesh thinking it would turn me into a bloody vampire or something. I'd better go back and snack on that poor bloke now I guess..... will nip into an inn and pick up a nice bottle of red on the way.

How many have fought Alduin , is it just me and my style of play , that battle was wicked, and long one. At first I thought I was fighting more then one dragon, did not read about this Quest "Alduin's Bane"

Epic in MHO. :applause:

I however need to restore to an older save file and leave this one to the end or close, as Lydia my side kick died. Not sure how I can keep her alive and in the battle :think:

I have lost her many times and always revert to a prior save to keep her with me.

Did anyone kill (or attempt to kill) Paarthurnax? I decided to spare him.

I went through with the Emperor's death-wish.

I spared Paarthurnax as well, and I went through with the Emperor's death-wish.

After talking to Paarthurnax for the first time and hearing the Elder Scroll/situation explained, did anyone else think, "This is Star Trek"? The latest Star Trek movie had a plot similar to the main story in this game...

Wel, I'm fairly well past the 100hr mark, and I can't really say anything bad about the plot at the moment.. As you see... I'm still at the 'infiltrate the Thalmor embassy' quest. There's waay to much stuff to do, and while some misc tasks (like kill that one there and get 100gold) can get pretty boring, I sometimes still am getting something interesting/new/innovative. And while I (like 90% others) am getting frame rate problems (12mb file) I can't really say it's bad. It only begins to annoy me after like 4hrs of playing it.

I choose the Imperials (mainly cuz the stormcloaks were being rasistic about my being a High elf ^^) and I'm happy to say I got to kill Ulfric :) Was the happyest moment of my life XD

I went to this childs house, people said he was evil, found him sitting next to a skeloton on the floor stabing the floor, trying to call upon the dark brotherhood, I tought i was the dark brotherhood, so i remained silent for what he had to say. He told me to go kill an old lady in an orphanage, went over there, asked the kids how they felt about the old lady, and well, figured it was only right i also spoke to the old lady... She was rudy n mean and well i decided to put an arrow into her eyeball, thus killing her...

Next thing you know a few days pass i get a note from a courier, with a print of a black hand on... WE KNOW is written under the hand... FREAKY

another few days pass and i go to sleep for 24 houres, yeah wrong button... figuring i'd be well rested giving me extra % on combat and stuff like it does.

I wake up, the screen being blurry and dizzy, there's a girl named astrid wearing black n red ninja clothes, sitting on top of the closet and I wake up somewhere in a bloody shack... Astrid is her name, she's from the dark brotherhood, she told me the old woman was a dark brotherhood contract and i have to repay it... by killing one of the try captives in the room...

SICK :applause:

Only just got to the part where you climb aboard the dragon in search of Alduin (I've ignored every post above in case I read the ending). It was a good prospect but I just wish it actually showed the flight as opposed to transitioning to the loading screen and then all of a sudden the travel is over.

Only just got to the part where you climb aboard the dragon in search of Alduin (I've ignored every post above in case I read the ending). It was a good prospect but I just wish it actually showed the flight as opposed to transitioning to the loading screen and then all of a sudden the travel is over.

I've been waiting for someone to post this. That part pissed me off to now end. What the heck is the point in having us ride a dragon if you don't even show it.

I went to this childs house, people said he was evil, found him sitting next to a skeloton on the floor stabing the floor, trying to call upon the dark brotherhood, I tought i was the dark brotherhood, so i remained silent for what he had to say. He told me to go kill an old lady in an orphanage, went over there, asked the kids how they felt about the old lady, and well, figured it was only right i also spoke to the old lady... She was rudy n mean and well i decided to put an arrow into her eyeball, thus killing her...

Next thing you know a few days pass i get a note from a courier, with a print of a black hand on... WE KNOW is written under the hand... FREAKY

another few days pass and i go to sleep for 24 houres, yeah wrong button... figuring i'd be well rested giving me extra % on combat and stuff like it does.

I wake up, the screen being blurry and dizzy, there's a girl named astrid wearing black n red ninja clothes, sitting on top of the closet and I wake up somewhere in a bloody shack... Astrid is her name, she's from the dark brotherhood, she told me the old woman was a dark brotherhood contract and i have to repay it... by killing one of the try captives in the room...

SICK :applause:

Thats one of my favourite quests. Who did you kill? I reeeeeally wanted to off the hag in the middle, but my gut said it was the whiny mercenary.

Just finished the game's main storyline last night. I have to say, it was very good. In the mist at the end, I was shook up when I suddenly ran straight into Alduin. Anyway, what's all this with the emperor's death wish? I thought the game ended when you kill Alduin and return to Tamriel?

Just finished the game's main storyline last night. I have to say, it was very good. In the mist at the end, I was shook up when I suddenly ran straight into Alduin. Anyway, what's all this with the emperor's death wish? I thought the game ended when you kill Alduin and return to Tamriel?

The beauty of this game is that it never ends. It's moved up near my top 5 fav games of all time. The story was pretty good. Just finished it yesterday. The trip to Sovengarde hall was cool. I wish we were able to go back there.

My 1000th post. :)

Thats one of my favourite quests. Who did you kill? I reeeeeally wanted to off the hag in the middle, but my gut said it was the whiny mercenary.

I Killed the one with the big mouth, the one on the right... went back to talk to astrid, killed all three of them and left them to rot in the shack, just to make sure none would come back to kill me. :think:

Where does one begin when describing how awesome and fulfilling this game was? I paid 60 bucks for this game, and every penny was worth it. The best part though, is that i'm about half way through the trophies and still have a countless amount of hours ahead of me before I ever truly finish this game.

As far as the main quests and the dragon theme goes, its a great angle. I thought the overall story and theme of dragons was quite rich in detail and context for the game as a whole. I think whats most fascinating about Skyrim compared to previous Elder Scrolls games is that its a world that I think most people can more readily identify with. It has a much stronger medieval homage that we have seen in so many movies and TV shows. I think the world of Skyrim itself plays up to that image incredibly well. The terrain and Nordic peoples resembles much of Europe. Add in the dragon folklore and the two play hand in hand beautifully.

And the Empire in a period of decline was a great touch. Whats great about this aspect is that this era of decline is so evident in Skyrim. The province is in civil war, the presence (or lack there of) of Imperial soldiers in towns, and patrolling along the roads is visual evidence of the Empire's deteriorating power. Even the major factions that have always found their place in previous games are all in decline during this period too. And that setting seems to play a significant role in those respective quest lines too.

The amount of detail and background story put into this game is great. While Oblivion was a great game of its own, Skyrim brings back some colorful moments and aspects of gameplay and story that made Morrowind such a great game. The amount of readable books, the music, and even the overwhelming amount of lore and story put into the world of Skyrim itself is a refreshing take that no other video game in history has ever matched to my knowledge.

Depending on what difficulty setting you play the game, every dragon fight could turn into epic battles. Otherwise if the setting is set to very easy, you will likely find yourself spanking most of the dragons with ease. Hitting them with dragon rend however will still prove to be a challenge regardless of difficulty. If you fight the first dragon through the main quest at an early level, it will be epic and challenging. And the final fight against Alduin in Savangarde was amazing too. I played it on the easy setting and I found myself getting killed several times before beating it. My strategy was to just run towards the mountain and shoot Alduin with arrows (while using dragon rend) and letting the 3 friendly NPC's tank him. Even that strategy didn't work the first time and took an extremely long time to complete.

Also, the quest House of Horrors was by far the creepiest and scariest moment I have ever experienced from a video game. Infiltrating the abandoned house and hearing Molag Bal taunt you as you trek deep into the cave with the low visibility made me pause several times and had to turn the lights on! Then the moment where you walk up to his shrine and the large daedric pillars pop out of the ground and trap you as you immediately shift from first person view to third person, was scary as hell. Even upon completing the quest when you return to the house and complete his task was scary too. I had no idea if he was going to do something twisted and send some horrifying creature to kill me.

Edited by Arthurjr98

The beauty of this game is that it never ends. It's moved up near my top 5 fav games of all time. The story was pretty good. Just finished it yesterday. The trip to Sovengarde hall was cool. I wish we were able to go back there.

My 1000th post. :)

I wanted to get that staff weapon that was used to open the portal it looked very cool. At least that Mage had a cool mask with some nice perks.

I had idea I had finished the main story line until the sale person at the game store showed me the act III part in the book and I read it at home and wow Alduin battle was the end of the 3 acts. Now that is what a real open world is like it does not even seem like the end. I am only around 50% trophy wise, so lots more left. Time wise at around 150+.

I was going to use that shout later in a battle to call for help to see how it works, but think I will save it even later in game.