Anyone getting the Collectors Edition?

I was planning on buying the CE for this game but the only thing you end up getting is a plastic statue and leather art book. Other than that there is no reason to spend that kind of money on those things which will probably go down in price so I've decided to get the regular edition. I am a huge fan but $150 is a little steep for what little you get. Now I'm also debating do I get the PS3 copy or 360? My CE is reserved as PS3 but I played Oblivion on my 360. My gut tells me to stick with the PS3 version but any unbiased options would help a great deal. Thank you.

I am downgrading my Pre-Order to the standard edition today before the midnight release. $150 is too much for me right now. I'll still get the cloth map for preordering. The CE comes with the dragon statue, the 200 page art book, and don't forget the making of DVD which I will probably try to buy off of somebody since I love behind the scenes stuff, but it's too pricy. And as far as which console... well I only own a PS3 but even if I owned an XBOX or a PC capable of playing Skyrim, I'd still get it on PS3.

It's been said that they game plays the same and looks amazing on both consoles. The only reason to consider playing it on the Xbox is that the developers have said that the Xbox and PC will get the first DLC content 30 days earlier due to an agreement with Microsoft (rather trivial matter given the amount of content in the game). On the other hand, playing on the PC would give you better graphics on a "higher-end" machine and options to download player modifications to the game. Unless either the mods or earlier DLC perks your interest, I'd just say play it with whatever system's control set-up you feel more comfortable.

Yeah I pre oredered the CE for the PS3 from GAME (would have chosen another store but they're the only ones doing it in the UK) - usually stuff turns up a day early, but it hasn't turned up yet so looks like the first game in a good while that'll be here on release rather than the day before... Super excited for it, loved TES since Morrowind.

I'll be getting the regular edition, as the asking price of $150 is currently out of my price range. I recently bought the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition, and I can't justify (or afford) getting another special edition a little over a week later, no matter how incredibly awesome the dragon statue is*.

*For the record, it is incredibly awesome.

Edited by privatetoast

Cool, thanks for all the input. I think I'm still going to downgrade to the regular edition. Don't get me wrong, I can afford it right now but I think I will be able to get it cheaper down the road. I've seen the statue up close at a GameStop and it is big but it's just a big 12" plastic statue. I don't think it compares to the Marcus Fenix statue from GOW3 or even the Nathan Drake from UC3. I guarantee I'll see it for $80 in a couple months.