The Elder Scrolls Online: Volume 1

Not going to be happy.

linksman

Imop.

It's a sad day for me. I have been looking forward to ESO for a very long time. Sadly, after playing for a while now on the PC version, I have to say, I don't think it's going to work well on console.

Here's why.

The subscription fee. Console users don't like this fee and when they think of one, they think they should be getting a better game than normal non subscription games.

here's the problem... this game isn't as good. It's no Skyrim by any stretch. It's not even that good compared to other mmos. It's just average.

I think there will be many angry console gamers after they lay out 60 bucks for this game and they find out the graphics, gameplay and overall mmo experience are just ok...

You leave the the game feeling like, I could have been playing Skyrim, or GTAV or whatever... for free.

I might get the console version when the price drops to 19 bucks and play it for the 30 free days. Just depends on the trophy list I guess. Sad that it would come down to that.

Check out Angry Joe's review.. it's pretty spot on from my point of view, if you want to see what the game is like.

Edit..

Now they are going to delay the console version for 6 months. Then they announce PC players will be able to transfer chars/wealth to the console version. This means console players will have to start on a server with leveled characters and the mats they bring with them. This is the worst idea ever. I won't buy a game where I have to start with this sort of disadvantage.

Edited by linksman

• 2 weeks later...

The people running this game are complete idiots.

They have messed this game up at every stage and now with a delay to the console version, they announce that PC users get to transfer their chars and wealth to brand new Console servers.

So console users will start with a broken economy flooded with already exploited chars and mats. Not to mention a group of high level chars already in the game.

Terrible. Stupid.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Since the game Is finally coming to the consoles, here is a thread update,

the game is now free to play and incorporates all that sucks about that system you could imagine.

the game is so bad that it's actually hard to explain without just listing the entire list of hundreds of problems there are.

Just be aware that pc users with a console were able to transfer their toons and all their loot/resources they cheated the pc version to get, you will be playing with game vets, many of which are also cheat vets will be bringing their many maxxed twinked at every stage of the game toons with them, along with their resources. This only cost us 15 bucks and that includes the actual game download.

edited this

I hope nobody on ps4 has to pay the full price on this game, its now free for pc users, other than ten bucks to start an account. THIS IS Wrong... IT was pointed out to me that indeed the game is still normal price for initial pc purchase. It's still just 15 bucks to transfer your tooons to ps4 and that's it, no charge for the game itself.

The ps4 version should also be free other than the account start up, not sure where they stand on that.

Bottom line is that the game isn't going to impress you more than likely and be sure to expect many crippling bugs... they have been trying to fix for a year and still haven't fixed.

/good luck

edit, just looked at the psn store, its full price discounted for plus to 54 dollars, what a joke. These guys have proven it over and over, they are incompetent.

Edited by linksman

15 DOLLARS.

Thank you for purchasing The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ with account copy. We're happy to let you know that your account copy is complete. From this point forward, your two accounts will not share any progression or items.

We will be sending your digital code for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on June 8th.

Since the game Is finally coming to the consoles, here is a thread update,

the game is now free to play and incorporates all that sucks about that system you could imagine.

the game is so bad that it's actually hard to explain without just listing the entire list of hundreds of problems there are.

Just be aware that pc users with a console were able to transfer their toons and all their loot/resources they cheated the pc version to get, you will be playing with game vets, many of which are also cheat vets will be bringing their many maxxed twinked at every stage of the game toons with them, along with their resources. This only cost us 15 bucks and that includes the actual game download.

edited this

I hope nobody on ps4 has to pay the full price on this game, its now free for pc users, other than ten bucks to start an account. THIS IS Wrong... IT was pointed out to me that indeed the game is still normal price for initial pc purchase. It's still just 15 bucks to transfer your tooons to ps4 and that's it, no charge for the game itself.

The ps4 version should also be free other than the account start up, not sure where they stand on that.

Bottom line is that the game isn't going to impress you more than likely and be sure to expect many crippling bugs... they have been trying to fix for a year and still haven't fixed.

/good luck

edit, just looked at the psn store, its full price discounted for plus to 54 dollars, what a joke. These guys have proven it over and over, they are incompetent.

I gotta ask where ya got your info..

1-its not free to play its Buy to play..both on pc and console..(free to play is DCUO where ya can just DL the game and go...here you must BUY the game)

2 - it was $20 to get a pc transfer copy and it was open for one month to pc players who bought the game by a certain date ( well before the announcement of trasnfer option)..So you couldnt just go buy a copy on steam for $20-$30 then buy the transfer..

Yes it sucks pc players could transfer over...Oh well but when it comes to MMO's on playstaion 4 i say bring more on..

There is so much content in this game since once you reach level 50 you can become a spy and start doing theother 2 faction quest line..for $53 the time in game pays for its self

Well i would love to find an mmo on ps4 hold me over till i can build my first rig (early next year) Tried FF:RR on ps4 but thought it felt it needed keyboard & mouse so i will try it on p.c next year sometime, is this kind of the same deal or is it more console'ly feel? Quit WoW over a year ago and have been itching for some type of mmo lately but non of the free to plays on ether ps4 or xbone have wow'ed me any, should i stray far from this as well? I do kind of like the idea of fps style mmo/rpg in ES world:).

It is made from the get go with game pads in mind.

One of the annoying things with the devs in fact. Many pc users were mad because the game is clearly designed to piay with one, but pc gets no gamepad support, we had to rely on the community to fidget up a procedure to use them.

Free to play meaning it used to cost a monthly fee to play and now it doesn't.

We all (in the official forums that is) refer to it as free to play, so I continue to call it that.

We are talking about an mmo and the monthly fee or no fee, not a stand alone game.

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit/multi-quote button instead of double posting.