Quantum Conundrum: The Desmond Debacle ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

Archavia

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j466/soft_convex/Quantum%20Conundrum/Quantum%20Conundrum%20The%20Desmond%20Debacle_zpslmjtfhil.png

If through reading my guide you have decided to join the PlaystationTrophies.org community, it would be greatly appreciated if you would give me (Dark_Raven666) a referral upon signing up, thanks!

Copyright/Rights of Use:

This guide may not be re-produced outside of PlaystationTrophies.org without written permission by the author(s). If given permission to use any information from the guide, please supply proper credits to its original poster.

Overview:

• Estimated Difficulty: 6/10 (personal estimate)
  • Approximate time: 2-5+ hours (highly skill dependent)
  • Trophy Breakdown: 5 (5(B))
    • Offline: 5 (5(B))
    • Online: 0

[*]Minimum number of playthroughs required: Each level must be completed at least twice, however multiple attempts at each level are highly likely.

[*]Difficulty Trophies Stack: N/A

[*]Missable Trophies: None

[*]Glitched Trophies: None

[*]Cheats: None

Introduction:

Welcome to the Desmond Debacle, the first DLC for Quantum Conundrum. In this DLC, you'll solve your way through six new levels to face the titular Desmond, the drinking bird. Trophy-wise, the Desmond Debacle is very similar to the main game, as you'll have to achieve all Goal Times and Shift Goals, complete all levels without dying, and collect all the collectibles. However none of these feats are especially difficult, with the possible exception of the third level, Stamp of Approval, which can be very frustrating thanks to poor level design. If you were able to conquer the main game, then this shouldn't be anything new to you.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Complete all six levels, collecting all Noisemakers in the process.

First of all, simply complete all the levels to familiarise yourself with them. Given you shouldn't be concerned with your time or dimension shift count, this is a perfect opportunity to collect all 5 Noisemakers too. If you're having difficulty trying to figure out the path to take for some of the levels, then the videos under Ludicrous Speed should prove beneficial.

Upon completing Step 1, you will earn:

(B)

Outstanding Ornithologist

(B)
Eagle Eyed

Step 2: Achieve the Goal Time and Shift Goals for each level.

Now that you've familiarised yourself with each level, it's time to achieve the Goal Time and Shift Goals. Doing this should also earn you Left or Dead?. Please refer to the specific trophies for details.

Upon completing Step 2, you will earn:

(B)

Two Drink Minimum

(B)
Ludicrous Speed

(B)
Left or Dead?

Edited by Dark_Raven666

Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1173/16.jpg Outstanding Ornithologist (B)

Complete all levels in "The Desmond Debacle"

Simply complete the six levels. Your time, shift count and death counts are irrelevant. You'll get this on the way to the other trophies.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1173/17.jpg Eagle Eyed (B)

Collect all collectibles in "The Desmond Debacle"

Noisemakers are objects shaped like a little square-headed man, and have blue circles around them (like an atom). In order to pick one up, simply press :square: when facing them. You don't have to complete a level for them to register, simply picking them up is satisfactory. There are five Noisemakers to be found, one in each level except Elevator Shafted. Below are their locations:

A Bird In The Hand:
From the beginning, grab the safe from the DOLLI next to you, then use it to surf over to the wooden platform farthest to your left (by utilising Reverse Gravity Dimension). Once you land on the platform with the safe, turn around and you'll see the Noisemaker sitting on a platform high above where you started. Surf the safe high up to the platform for your Noisemaker.

The Mad Ladder:
Play through the level until you reach the final section with the four blue lasers and four safes. Stack three safes on the blue laser around from DOLLI. Blocking the laser will deactivate the bot, so that when you change to Reverse Gravity, it won't destroy your safe. Move the fourth safe over to the platform with the bot, then jump on it and enter Reverse Gravity Dimension. Float up and the Noisemaker will be in front of you.

Stamp of Approval:
In the first section, you'll have to ride a safe being flung across the room to press a button. In a crevice of the wall to the right of the safe is the Noisemaker. Ride the safe in Slow Time Dimension, then walk off the safe at the peak of the trajectory. If you jump off, you'll hit the roof and miss the Noisemaker.

Domo Arigato:
Play through the level until immediately after you throw the balls into the three hoops. You'll be faced with an area full of fast-moving lasers. Activate Slow Time Dimension walk through the first set of lasers, and you'll come to more lasers, this time spinning around. Make your way through these and the Noisemaker is in the back corner, parallel to the way out of the laser-infested area.

The Aviary Overlord:
Towards the end of the level, you'll have to navigate your way through a set of lasers in order to obtain the Reverse Gravity Dimension capsule. Once you have that, go to the DOLLI in the centre of the room to get two safes, then sit one to the right of the DOLLI (with your back to where you got the Reverse Gravity). Jump on top of the safe and then hold the other safe out in front of you, facing the Reverse Gravity area (the Noisemaker is on a platform in the distance). Go into Reverse Gravity Dimension for a second before changing back to Fluffy Dimension. Quickly grab and throw the safe in front of you, then immediately change to Slow Time Dimension. Jump onto the safe you just threw, then surf it over to the Noisemaker with Reverse Gravity Dimension.

Alternatively, you can use the below video to find the Noisemakers. Video is courtesy of SomeFilthyCasuals.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjFsfyxVoJM]Quantum Conundrum - Eagle Eyed Achievement Guide (The Desmond Debacle Collectibles) - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1173/18.jpg Two Drink Minimum (B)

Achieve Shift Goal on all levels in "The Desmond Debacle"

Same as with the base game, each level has a Shift Goal, where you must complete the level using under a certain number of Dimensional Shifts. These are mostly doable, with the only difficult levels being Stamp of Approval and The Aviary Overlord. With practice however, they are certainly obtainable.

For videos of how to obtain the Shift Goal for each level, please see Ludicrous Speed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1173/19.jpg Ludicrous Speed (B)

Achieve Goal Time on all levels in "The Desmond Debacle"

Same as with the base game, each level has a Goal Time, where you simply have to complete the level under a certain amount of time. The only level that can be truly difficult to complete is Stamp of Approval, mostly due to the fact that the shortcut used in the video doesn't seem to work on PS3. In this case, you'll have to use the intended method, which can be very particular about how it unfolds, often forcing you to restart due to the poor level design screwing you over.

Below is a video for each level, showing suitable methods for achieving both the Shift Goal and Goal Times in one go. Do note that you can do these separately if you're struggling to fulfill both requirements in one attempt. All videos are courtesy of seancemascara1.

[spoiler=QC2]

A Bird In The Hand

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGc9DKxB2KQ]Quantum Conundrum - A Bird In The Hand - Speed Time and Shift Goals - YouTube[/ame]

The Mad Ladder

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtGGsKjgHw]Quantum Conundrum - The Mad Ladder - Speed Time and Shift Goals - YouTube[/ame]

Stamp of Approval

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-1lpH0bVM]Quantum Conundrum - Stamp of Approval - Speed Time and Shift Goals - YouTube[/ame]

(It appears the bridge shortcut does not work in the PS3 version of the game. Because of this, you'll have to follow the normal method for completing the level, meaning you won't be able to die so many times near the end if you want to meet the requirements.)

Domo Arigato

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdT6ljSU5cY]Quantum Conundrum - Domo Arigato - Speed Time and Shift Goals - YouTube[/ame]

Elevator Shafted

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ph2xnQTgg]Quantum Conundrum - Elevator Shafted - Speed Time and Shift Goals - YouTube[/ame]

The Aviary Overlord

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I02_T3uMq6k]Quantum Conundrum - The Aviary Overlord - Speed Time and Shift Goals - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1173/20.jpg Left or Dead? (B)

Make it through every level in "The Desmond Debacle" at least once without dying

As the description says, you must complete every level without dying in order to earn this. Following the videos in Ludicrous Speed will show you the best methods for completing the levels without dying. However it is wise to avoid attempting the bridge shortcut in Stamp of Approval that is demonstrated in the video, as it appears to be incredibly difficult on the PS3 compared to the PC or Xbox 360 versions. I attempted the jump about 100 times and never made it across.

Edited by Puzzler
Editorial sweep

Good to see guides for these two DLCs. When I was trying to complete these quite a few months ago, finding seancemascara1's videos definitely got me closer to completing those Goal times. Still need three of the six in Desmond and five in Ike-Aramba, so this guide will inspire me to try again!

I was able to actually make that jump in Stamp of Approval probably twice in about 250 tries (exaggeration - gave up before 200 tries) so I believe it may actually be possible but I think I got lucky and jumped at an angle that should not have worked, in case that helps

Good to see guides for these two DLCs. When I was trying to complete these quite a few months ago, finding seancemascara1's videos definitely got me closer to completing those Goal times. Still need three of the six in Desmond and five in Ike-Aramba, so this guide will inspire me to try again!

I was able to actually make that jump in Stamp of Approval probably twice in about 250 tries (exaggeration - gave up before 200 tries) so I believe it may actually be possible but I think I got lucky and jumped at an angle that should not have worked, in case that helps

Yeah I should have the IKE-aramba guide up by tomorrow, depending on whether I can complete it by then. Those videos of his are fantastic, they really do help a lot.

Even if that jump is possible, I still believe it's harder on PS3. I tried the jump probably 100 times and never made it, but I've seen a handful of vids of PC/X360 with people making the jump with ease every attempt. The difficulty of it isn't worth the effort, especially when going for no deaths.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't mean to brag, because I'm by no means awesome at this game, but i can make that bridge jump 100% of the time. Literally did it on my first try and on every try after that. I think the secret is jumping at the last second off the one beam and to have your cursor right on the second beam as youre jumping toward it.

It's really worth making the bridge jump, too. Because that one part you skip is a pain in the butt.

Thanks again for the guide!

Don't mean to brag, because I'm by no means awesome at this game, but i can make that bridge jump 100% of the time. Literally did it on my first try and on every try after that. I think the secret is jumping at the last second off the one beam and to have your cursor right on the second beam as youre jumping toward it.

It's really worth making the bridge jump, too. Because that one part you skip is a pain in the butt.

Thanks again for the guide!

I guess I just truly suck at that jump :p

• 1 month later...

I used the bridge jump as well. I actually discovered it without a guide, after getting so frustrated with the unpredictability of the bit where you have to thread the ball into the tiny gap. Managed it 3 times in perhaps 30 attempts - the first time I ended up with too many shifts after playing around with the previous section too much. It makes the map significantly easier - I beat the shift goal by 20 and the time by about 50s, neither of which were anywhere near perfect runs - I could probably have shaved 5-10 shifts and 20-30s off each respectively without too much difficulty. If you have as much trouble as I did threading the ball into that hole then it's worth spending time trying to do it.

• 1 month later...
I used the bridge jump as well. I actually discovered it without a guide, after getting so frustrated with the unpredictability of the bit where you have to thread the ball into the tiny gap. Managed it 3 times in perhaps 30 attempts - the first time I ended up with too many shifts after playing around with the previous section too much. It makes the map significantly easier - I beat the shift goal by 20 and the time by about 50s, neither of which were anywhere near perfect runs - I could probably have shaved 5-10 shifts and 20-30s off each respectively without too much difficulty. If you have as much trouble as I did threading the ball into that hole then it's worth spending time trying to do it.

Yeah same here. The guide was posted up 2 days after i did the [Multi] region version. Now im back for the [JP] and i dont really need a guide.

• 2 months later...

I've just started this DLC after finally finishing up the main game trophies.

Is there any way to do A Bird In The Hand without glitching through the lasers? I die 90% of the time I try to get through with the box, and 70% with the bird on the way back. Is that just the way it is, or can you do the mission legit and still get the goals?

EDIT: I ended up getting the shift and time goals using the glitch through the lasers. I had an amazing run where I got through everything on the first try. Still only had 7 seconds to spare and 4 shifts remaining at the finish. Seems really stupid to base shift and time goals on such a random type of event.

I had far less trouble with Stamp Of Approval than I did with Bird In The Hand, though it seems getting through without dying is harder in this DLC than the goal and shift times!

And that's that. All 6 levels finished, and really the only one I had trouble with was the first one. The other 5 aren't too bad at all. On to IKE-aramba!

Edited by TheScott75

• 7 months later...

Finished this a couple of days ago. Only two hard levels really.

A Bird in the Hand. The laser trick is worth getting right since its saves a lot of time. I found it easiest to take a safe, look straight up and as the lasers approach throw the safe vertical. As the lasers are about to hit switch to Heavy mode, & don't move. The safe should protect you.

Stamp of Approval. Definitely go for the long jump. I could do it about 30% of the time but its a major time saver.

Personally I thought this was the easier of the two DLC's.

• 4 months later...

I can't get past the Mad Ladder level. That highest throw makes me cringe. Is there any proven way how to place yourself in order to make the throw 100% of the times?

edit: made it finally after quite a few attempts, still find it random as hell though...

edit2: btw. the bridge jump in the Stamp of Approval is very easy on PS3. You need to aim at your feet, then go forward and make the jump at the last second, and as soon as you do, strafe right and you'll make it. Works 80% times for me. All that while looking at your feet. Just remember to strafe right after you get in the air, not sooner when you're still on the bridge, and you should land on the opposite side of the bridge :) I don't think looking down on your feet helps to jump further, but it definitely helps to jump at the very last moment because you see when to go off, so in the end it helps you get to the other side

Edited by shichibukai