Review this game please

deviousdave

• 2 weeks later...

it is fun, it is awesome, it has a lot of blood in it and because of the two demon arms you can use besides your guns it's not just another standard fps.

but it's very short. my new game+-run on don (the hardest difficult) took me just about 5 hours.

so if you want to spent your money on a short, but great entertainment, do it :)

• 2 months later...

Honestly, I thought this game sucked. Sluggish controls, boring story, the constant talking by all characters gets annoying, the "boss battles" are retarded, too much screen wash out. The combat itself isn't very good. It's annoying to have to shoot lights out in every single gun battle. The cell shaded graphics look nice, although it looks PS2ish at times. The voice over work is good but they don't shut the fuck up. I found myself constantly adjusting the volume of the game. I'm disappointed I even paid $20 for this. A lot of people seem to enjoy it, however. If you're on the fence about this one, I'd rent it first to see how you like it.

I was very impressed with this game. I liked the story, the gameplay, and the main character. Unlike AutomaticPrince, I loved the "constant talking" by the characters, which you can skip if you want to, because it gave me more insight about the darkness and the story itself. The game is unique and it is not just like any other FPS game. The only bad thing about this game is the fact that it's too short.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was a bit skeptic even though I have read and collected the comicbooks (Witchblade even) because so far, no comic book has ever made success in an FPS game. Funny enough I had the first one BUT sold it upon realising it had no trophies... I know, not good enough of a reason huh?

Anyway, this game almost immediately appealed to me. The controls are very similar to COD but instead of having lethal and tactical equipment on L2/R2, you get to control the tendrils. So if you are into the standard FPS genre, you won't get lost in its controls.

The story is sound. Just like reading a well written comic book. Now I am about to BUY BACK the first release just to fill me in the story. This game ties up directly with Darkness (1).

It's not a long dragging game - straight forward story telling with none of the grinding. Just as the guide says, you might just get most of the trophies in your 2 playthroughs.

The Vendettas part is a good addition as well. I'm pretty sure a lot surely have picked Mr. Ninja kid. Though the plot for this "side story" reminds me of Warehouse 13 for some reason.

A really good game, I would recommend it. Not a hard plat at all - almost as if the plat is a bonus for just playing the game. I hope all games would be as sensible as this one. No sadistic trophies - all about having fun and enjoying the game. The "arcade" style side games are a good distraction as well...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Honestly, I thought this game sucked. Sluggish controls, boring story, the constant talking by all characters gets annoying, the "boss battles" are retarded, too much screen wash out. The combat itself isn't very good. It's annoying to have to shoot lights out in every single gun battle. The cell shaded graphics look nice, although it looks PS2ish at times. The voice over work is good but they don't shut the fuck up. I found myself constantly adjusting the volume of the game. I'm disappointed I even paid $20 for this. A lot of people seem to enjoy it, however. If you're on the fence about this one, I'd rent it first to see how you like it.

Agree with most of this. Found myself skipping the dialogue most of the time. Couldn't be bothered to spend the extra time to mop up the few tricky trophies. Far better games awaiting my attention.

• 4 months later...