One man army trophy

Phorphuxake

The trophy guides say that you have to kill 25 enemies whilst being dragged around the restaurant without being killed and in one playthrough.

This is incorrect, if you do not die the total number of enemies that you kill will stack towards your next playthrough. I only got about 15 on my first run through, I got about the same on new game + and the trophy popped. This has also happened to some of my friends.

Thought this might be of interest to some players that get sick of reloading checkpoints to get this trophy.

I'm not sure about this. You might've killed 25 during that point. There nothing there showing that the kills for this trophy carry over. It also happens to be something that we can't confirm at the moment. It'll take another 7 hours outta of the day just to test it on purpose on my 2nd account. Something I really don't want to do. :p

Besides, the trophy is pretty much standard. I'm sure someone will mention something here.

I definitely didn't kill 25 during either playthrough and neither did some of my mates. The trophy is straight forward if you are able to get the kills in one run but as I first said, these kills are stackable providing you don't get killed. I can only guess that getting killed resets the count.

In theory you should be able to play through to the kitchen and save point and restart the level to stack the kills, providing that you don't die.

Edited by Phorphuxake
Extra comment

I definitely didn't kill 25 during either playthrough and neither did some of my mates. The trophy is straight forward if you are able to get the kills in one run but as I first said, these kills are stackable providing you don't get killed. I can only guess that getting killed resets the count.

In theory you should be able to play through to the kitchen and save point and restart the level to stack the kills, providing that you don't die.

I'm almost wondering if a similar thing didn't happen to me. I missed it my first playthrough of the level and got to the checkpoint after it, but then decided to restart the level and go for it again and this time I got it, but I don't think I hit 25 kills that time either, and I want to say I got it pretty early in, maybe just after getting dual pistols but only one or two kills after that.

Perhaps it keeps track of how many kills you get without dieing or restarting each time you play it and then will give the trophy for it if you have enough?

I might have to play around with a sub account and see if it happens again that way.

I finally got around to playing through on a sub account to confirm if kills stack.

I purposely only shot 15 enemies, played through to get NG+ and do another run through.

On the second run through I only killed about 12 enemies this time and as soon as I reached the kitchen the trophy pops so kills definitely stack.

I also tried replaying the mission over and over to see if the kills stack this way but this was a waste of time.

From all of this I conclude that kills stack if you play through the game and use NG+ but do not stack if you just replay the mission over and over.

I finally got around to playing through on a sub account to confirm if kills stack.

I purposely only shot 15 enemies, played through to get NG+ and do another run through.

On the second run through I only killed about 12 enemies this time and as soon as I reached the kitchen the trophy pops so kills definitely stack.

I also tried replaying the mission over and over to see if the kills stack this way but this was a waste of time.

From all of this I conclude that kills stack if you play through the game and use NG+ but do not stack if you just replay the mission over and over.

I all add to the guide later to day. NG+ was required for it which was why I couldn't test it, but thanks for taking the time and effort to verify this.

• 2 weeks later...
just tried this and it don't work.

20 kills 1st game 17 the new game+.

a friend tried it and he had 23 kills 1st game and 22 in the new game+:confused:

Interesting, Phorphuxake was the one who tested his own theory. If the info he given is proven to be a false. This unnecessary info will be removed out of the guide.

I am not sure what is going on, this has worked for me twice and has worked for 3 of my PSN mates (all australian region). I don't think region is relevant and I cannot see that we would all have the same glitch (if it is a glitch).

We all played through the level without dying, finished the game, started NG+ and without dying did the level again. As I said in previous post, I deliberately did not kill the required amount during the level to test if kills stack and the trophy popped.

well for myself and a mate this was the only trophy holding us back for the plat and both of us played the game for a 3rd time and started the new game+

and continued on with no trophy and should have had well over 25 kills.

buggered if i will redo it again as the game was ok but not good enough for another playthrough and a level on new game+ for a 4th time when only one person claims it works.

well for myself and a mate this was the only trophy holding us back for the plat and both of us played the game for a 3rd time and started the new game+

and continued on with no trophy and should have had well over 25 kills.

buggered if i will redo it again as the game was ok but not good enough for another playthrough and a level on new game+ for a 4th time when only one person claims it works.

According to some other posts in this topic, it appears that there are at least 2 others who have had similar success.

My earlier testing has shown a false positive.

This trophy is glitched, some are lucky and getting the trophy without the required amount of kills which makes one think that the kills stack.

I have done this on 3 seperate accounts to test for kill stacking and the results lead to the conclusion that kills definitely stack.

I have some friends that have had same results.

Over the weekend at a friends house watching him try this, no matter how many times tried this was not working for him.

So all I can make of this is that the trophy is inconsistently glitched.

I got this trophy going straight into my NG+, after just completing the story, and I'm pretty sure I didn't kill 25 enemies either. I missed quite a few guys right at the beginning. But the trophy popped for me right when I was dragged into the kitchen.

So like Phorphuxake said in his previous post, it must be glitched or something. Some people will get it from a NG+ easily, and some won't. Because I just did.

In case it might matter, I have the North American version of the game with the patch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...