Shoot the bottles in 10 seconds... um...how?

Melia

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Press the :start: button and go into "Options". Once in "Options", select "Display" and adjust your brightness all the way towards the right. This will help make the bottles easier for you to see and line up your shoots. When shooting the bottles you'll want to shoot them from left to right in perfect order without missing and you should auto reload only once, then finish shooting the remaining bottles without missing. If you missed a single shoot, chances are you failed the 10 second mark.

Press the :start: button and go into "Options". Once in "Options", select "Display" and adjust your brightness all the way towards the right. This will help make the bottles easier for you to see and line up your shoots.

Umm yeah that seems unnecessary. You should never have to do that. You should really have your TV calibrated.

Umm yeah that seems unnecessary. You should never have to do that. You should really have your TV calibrated.

why? If you calibrated the game properly, then its supposed to be quite dark.

Setting the brightness to highest does make the bottles easier to see, and when you have to be dead on with shooting them, it does help (though i still havent done it)

why? If you calibrated the game properly, then its supposed to be quite dark.

Setting the brightness to highest does make the bottles easier to see, and when you have to be dead on with shooting them, it does help (though i still havent done it)

Agreed. I managed to get it after taking the brightness advice. I had the game set pretty dark. So it was good advice, imo.

And just keep at it. Try and try again, youll get it eventually, Melia:-)

There's always tips you can use to help yourself or others get trophies. Adjusting the brightness setting can help you see the bottles more clearly. It's what I did to so I wouldn't miss the first shots before reloading. Even in PowerPyx video guide. You can notice that he also increased his brightness setting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jun1SAFJNAE]The Darkness 2 - That's Why I'm the Boss Trophy / Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

There's always tips you can use to help yourself or others get trophies. Adjusting the brightness setting can help you see the bottles more clearly. It's what I did to so I wouldn't miss the first shots before reloading. Even in PowerPyx video guide. You can notice that he also increased his brightness setting.

Damn yeah it looks like he was playing in "torch" mode, it looks awful. But I'm a home theater enthusiast and playing with that picture would make me throw up. So yeah playing on an uncalibrated display then turning the brightness up helps. But playing on a properly set up display makes that step pointless. Calibrate your displays people, it makes a world of difference. You don't have to pay an ISF calibrator to do it for you either, you can buy self-calibration disc for cheap these days.

I just did it.

I turned the sensitivity right down, and then did it third time. turning the sensitivity down makes minor movements between the bottles much easier

I didn't need to do that but it may help, as well as what I posted in another thread. Start by hitting a middle bottle since that's where you start anyways and you won't waste time trying to line up the first shot. Then shoot all the bottles moving to the left. Once you hit the far left bottle, MANUALLY reload. During the reload animation, line up your next shot and continue to the right. The trouble I had was the automatic reload would force you to aim again losing a second on your time. Also, if you fire before your gun comes back down after the recoil, you will very likely be off target.

I missed two shots and still got within the time limit.

Skip to 0:35 in this video to see what I mean

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8-JY8UOrOU]The Darkness II ~ That's Why I'm The Boss ~ Trophy / Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't need to do that but it may help, as well as what I posted in another thread. (...)

Very nice video there! Probably the best strategy for this trophy, seeing how now you can even miss a few shots.

I do notice the timer is somewhat generous: you were closer to 11 seconds than to 10 seconds, but since the timer was still on "10", you got it. So basically, you can take 10.99 seconds and still get the time needed for the trophy. ;)

I didn't need to do that but it may help, as well as what I posted in another thread. Start by hitting a middle bottle since that's where you start anyways and you won't waste time trying to line up the first shot. Then shoot all the bottles moving to the left. Once you hit the far left bottle, MANUALLY reload. During the reload animation, line up your next shot and continue to the right. The trouble I had was the automatic reload would force you to aim again losing a second on your time. Also, if you fire before your gun comes back down after the recoil, you will very likely be off target.

This is the method I used, I read it in another thread. This method, with full brightness and lowest sensitivity. It was easy after that

Very nice video there! Probably the best strategy for this trophy, seeing how now you can even miss a few shots.

I do notice the timer is somewhat generous: you were closer to 11 seconds than to 10 seconds, but since the timer was still on "10", you got it. So basically, you can take 10.99 seconds and still get the time needed for the trophy. ;)

Amazing advice - thank you sir!

• 4 weeks later...

yeah this is pissing me off - did the pidgeons easy third time, but the bottles im getting worse - did it in 11 seconds early on, now im on 15-18 seconds.

basically its stopping the plat really.

edit - as usual as soon as i post here i get it - probably was 10.99 seconds lol but i got lucky - started in middle and went left, was only 5 bottles i think, reloaded and hit the next 8 without missing and barely did it.

now to grind the 50 swarm kills and a nice weekend plat rental.

Edited by dellboy81

I found this a bit annoying. I'm 100% sure that at times you line bottles up and shoot and it misses! VERY irritating trophy. Spending 10-15 minutes on this when the rest of the game went so quickly definitely didn't improve the experience!

I did it by counting my shots right. I would normally reach the end of the right side on my 8th shot. Manually reload and move to left while reloading. When I actually completed it was on 9 seconds in the end. No misses.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took me like 10 minutes, and I'm really not pro at FPS games. I barely even play them. What did it for me was to shoot fast without missing more than maybe once. It's a bit of luck. You don't need to get them all down before reloading the gun. The key is to shoot at a fast enough pace.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I cant bloody do this!

I have got it down to 13 seconds. Aim low, through the sight, shoot from where you start and go right, then reload whilst you move left, then take out the rest. how how how how how do you get it to 10 seconds!?!

Keep pressing R1 very fast while slightly moving L3 to the rigth. Don't reload manually.

• 2 weeks later...