How does "relic hunter" ability from limited edition work?

klujma

Please? Will i still need guide for relics, or i can enjoy the game? Because i so hate collects..

The relic hunter appears on screen showing the location of artifacts with a little holy cross icon. The only thing is, it only shows up on screen when you are pretty close to an artifact.

you must also buy it for 50 essence in the skill tree to activate it.

IMO, it is helpful enough that you won't need to be glued to a computer screen while yoiu hunt the artifacts out.

I found that with the relic finder I was able to find all 29 without a guide and without too much searching around... It propably took a little longer than using a guide would have, but none of the relics were absurdly ridiculous to find. Also, had the added bonus of not needing to constantly check computer screen and was able to enjoy the story, which is probably the best part of this game in my opinion.

Side note: If you are trying to enjoy the story and do miss any relics, you can get them in New Game+ with a guide (which you need to complete for platinum anyways), so would still recommend enjoying story first time and worrying about collectibles second time if still needed.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The first couple of chapters, I didn't even realize what that icon on the screen meant. It was only later that I finally realized that this was the special ability and perhaps I should try to actually go to where the icon was.

I'm usually not that derpy, but for some reason, I was a bit slow here. ;)

Haha. Me too. I'm on chapter 12 right now and I'm still not used to it. When it's behind a wall, by the time I try to move around to a doorway, I'm out of its range already. I want my 50 essences back! :p

• 3 weeks later...

I never found out to change the darkling skin but relic hunter to me helped me without me even realizing that it was that ability lol but over all I would just go with the guide I was lucky enough to buy a used copy of the limited edition that came with all the codes unused :D

Edited by kevin2341
misspelling

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I was almost baffled what that Egyptian cross was for... ignored it for the first few chapters until I realise it was for the relics :D

The relics itself aren't THAT hard to find. I didn't use a guide for both my playthroughs... this game is fun-straigh forward and has a good story so I would recommend you focus on the game during your first. The combat related trophies and pretty much everything else are stackable in NG+ so don't worry too much about them...