Join The Crews closed BETA today

vava

Join The Crews closed BETA today

The Crews closed BETA will close on July 23rd and is exclusive to the PC. If your interested in applying for the closed BETA then head over to The Crew’s website and here’s your link:

Beta - The Crew Beta - Register here! Official Website

Is only for PC but you can try there.

Edited by vava

• 3 weeks later...

I'm downloading it now. 15 fecking GB. Hopefully my 7770 can run it. Based off the minimum requirements I should be fine, but I think I'll be dropping to 900p to maintain 60FPS.

that's of course assuming my Dualshock 4 will even work with this game, very few beta games enjoy the driver wrapper.

Edit: I've done a race. Handling is pretty wank (and the beta forum is also complaing about this). Feels like you and the road are one and the same when going straight and fast, but if you even so much as attempt to move to the side the road turns into industrial lube.

But the world feels rather expansive, and despite being locked at 30FPS the game is very smooth. I was maxing it out at 1080p with AA off (although I might try it on as the game definitely needs it in the beta, there's so much aliasing on the insane amounts of tree leaves and grass that it's just extremely jarring) and it wasn't dropping any frames. So that bodes well for the PS4 version.

I'm gonna get some real time in with it later tonight. Get other cars and see if the handling improves on them. If anyone is using the Dualshock 4 in the beta with DSTool, it works like a charm.

Also be warned it's very much a beta. The objects and shadows pop in like no other when going fast as it simply isn't keeping up with your car.

Edited by AlphaCookie

The game is definitely growing on me. Handling still leaves alot to be desired, and one of the last build updates screwed my DS4 up. But it's been fine with the keyboard.

The story is extremely B grade with it's premise and how straight faced it's being, so it's so bad it's funny. I've barely got to explore, but the world really does seem quite large. There's no sense of speed whatsoever though, as going 50mph through a neighborhood has you moving on pace with any other car. So it's all very artificial. I've yet to actually get any multiplayer action, but the game seems extremely geared towards it, since it's the default way to do everything but actual story advancing missions.

I am very glad there's licensed cars. Already had my spotify put on a Dodge ad as I was totaling my Challenger. :rofl:

I can see the potential here for this to be the racing version of what Destiny is trying to be for sure.

• 1 month later...