Metro: Last Light - The Chronicles Pack DLC ~ Road Map and Trophy Guide

Terminator

http://i.imgur.com/a1LNULL.png

Guide Template by Vyrastas

If you felt compelled to join the forum as a result of this guide, please give me a referral (Type "Terminator" (without the quotation marks) into the referrer box when you sign up). Thank you :).

This guide is the property of "Terminator" and is for use only on ps3trophies.org, if you see it listed anywhere else then please let me know so action may be taken.

Road Map:

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 (Personal opinion)
  • Offline trophies: 6 (6(B))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 1-2hrs
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 4, 1 for each Chapter + 1 clean up if needed.
  • Number of missable trophies: 3, Safe Cracker, Hunting and Eagle Eye.
  • Glitched trophies: None but see the Glitch Notes for info on some game-breaking bugs that will make getting the trophies that much harder.
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: Indirectly yes, the main game and Ranger Mode DLC difficulties feed into this DLC and can make life unnecessarily difficult so play on Easy.
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: There are no cheats.

Introduction:

The Chronicles Pack is the last of the 4 Season Pass DLCs and sees you playing as Pavel, Khan, Uhlman (one of Khan's friends) and Anna in 3 Chapters set before and during certain key parts of the main game. Each Chapter is designed to provide some back story to events in the main game, therefore I strongly advise waiting until you have finished the main game before starting this DLC to avoid spoilers. To actually start the DLC you need the 1.02 patch installed and have played at least the first Chapter in the main game, then go: Main Menu => Chapters => press :square: to open the "New Missions" menu.

In the Overview I said all 3 non-story related trophies are missable. This is because, unlike the main game, the Chapters do not follow on from each other automatically. Changing Chapters before you have the trophies for any given Chapter will wipe your progress thanks to the poor save system (more on that below). None of the the trophies in this DLC are especially hard to get, hence the 1-2hr completion time.

Glitch Notes

Unfortunately this DLC suffers from some of the same problems as the main game and the other story DLCs:

- Trophy list deletion: This bug is relatively rare but now M: LL is available via PS+, more and more people are reporting that their Trophy list for this game gets deleted when the game crashes. The odds of hitting this bug are still low but be prepared as there is a chance you may never get some of your Trophies back. To mitigate any fallout from this bug, quit to the XMB via the :ps: button after every Checkpoint and backup your save to the PS+ Save File Cloud. Also, sync your trophies the moment you get them but quit to the XMB to do so as being signed into PSN seems to make the game more unstable.

- Random freezing: Fortunately the Chronicles Pack is far less freeze prone than the other DLCs but it does still happen, albeit much less frequently. The freezing usually happens at load screens and in the menus but can strike on the XMB seconds after exiting the game. In rare cases the freezing can cause save file corruption. Because the saves for Metro: Last Light are locked, you need either a PS+ Subscription so you can use the Save File Cloud or an external drive you can do a full Hard Drive backup to. The Cloud is the recommended option as then you only have to upload/download 1 file rather than having to backup/restore your entire Hard Drive every time. Playing offline can help ease the amount of freezing.

Due to an incredibly nasty bug the Developer Pack DLC introduces, it is now likely your save will delete itself if/when the game crashes so it is imperative you make frequent backups. To reduce the chances of your game crashing and your save disappearing, I strongly recommend exiting directly to the XMB instead of the Main Menu (press the :ps: button => Quit Game) as the freezing mainly happens when you try to quit the game.

- Checkpoint issues: It's possible you may get really unlucky and find yourself with limited/no supplies due to a poorly placed Checkpoint. If you get into a situation like this then use melee and stealth moves wherever possible, loot the bodies of the people you kill/knockout and pray they have either ammo or another gun. If things get really bad then you will have to decide if you want to restart the entire Chapter or restore a save file backup. If you choose to restore a backup from the Cloud, then please note you can only do this once every 24hrs due to the time restriction the Cloud imposes on locked saves.

- Auto Save wiping: This problem is exclusive to the Season Pass DLCs. What this means is if you load a save from the main game then exit and play a DLC mission, your main game Auto Save will be wiped and replaced with the one you just created for the DLC. I don't know if this is a bug or just lousy game design but it sucks all the same so ensure you've finished the main game before starting the DLCs.

- Double shot glitch: This glitch only seems to happen in The Chronicles and Tower Pack DLCs. For some unknown reason the Revolver (both silenced and unsilenced variants) will occasionally fire 2 shots instead of 1, this can be beneficial if you're going up against a tough enemy like a Heavy Trooper but more often than not it's a hindrance as you'll burn through your ammo that bit faster.

General notes:

- All the pictures used in this guide were created by myself (Terminator). The copyright on these pictures refers to our site (playstationtrophies.org) and not any others with the same or similar name.

- Even though the trophy descriptions say Complete X Level, I'll be calling them Chapters as that's what they're called in-game.

- Do not attempt to play any of the DLC Chapters whilst going for the Ranger Mode DLC trophies, this is because The Chronicles Pack uses the difficulty from your last save in the main game to determine its own difficulty. Playing on either of the Ranger Mode difficulties will make your life considerably harder so I recommend setting the main game difficulty to Easy.

- None of the DLC weapons from the other expansions nor the Heavy Automatic shotgun you get from the Season Pass are available in The Chronicles Pack.

- Since the save system in this game is an Auto Save based one, you must finish your current Chapter before moving on else you will lose all your progress (unless you have a backup handy).

- Loot every corpse you come across as they will likely contain vital supplies.

- As with the main game and the Ranger Mode DLC, your health will regenerate over time if you take damage so hide (if possible) until it recovers.

- You do not need the Season Pass to get the Faction Pack, Tower Pack, Developer Pack or Chronicles Pack DLCs but will get a hefty discount if you do and a free gun (the ABZATS Heavy Automatic shotgun).

- I'm unsure if you can get any of the trophies from the main game whilst playing this DLC, if you can then please let me know.

- All the controls mentioned in this guide are based on the default settings.

Walkthrough:

I've setup the Steps the way I have, because this way they are in the order the events happen in the story but can be done in any order you like :).

Step 1: Complete the Anna Chapter

Here you will be getting The Sunset of Hope and Eagle Eye, neither are difficult but Eagle Eye may take a couple of tries to get right. The only tricky section is near the end of the Chapter but see the guide for details on that.

Step 2: Complete the Pavel Chapter

In this Chapter you will be getting Heads Up! and Safe Cracker. The only trophy in this Step you may have trouble with is Safe Cracker as some of the safes boxes and keys are in easy to miss places.

Step 3: Complete the Khan Chapter

Now you want to get No Way Out and Hunting out the way, neither are hard but the level design for the Khan Chapter is really bad which will make getting the Hunting trophy difficult.

Step 4: Clean up if necessary

Use this Step if you happen to be missing any trophies, the only one you may be missing is Safe Cracker as it's difficult to get without a guide.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1046/65.jpg Heads Up! (B)

Complete the PAVEL level.

Story related, cannot be missed.

[spoiler=HU]After a short cutscene you'll be presented with a QTE prompt, press :square: to stab your captor in the neck with the syringe he's holding so as to prevent your own death. Now turn around so you're facing the only exit out the room you're in, then walk over to the little brown box that's on the wall and pick up the portable generator and the headlight:

http://i.imgur.com/K0Iuq4I.png

Your next job is to turn the power back on so you can open the door and escape the room you're in. To the left of gate on a wall is a power box, press :square: to power on the system then exit the area through the big door at the end of the tunnel.

In the next room go as far to the left as you can to avoid the guard that will come in, the first of the 8 safe boxes and keys you need for the Safe Cracker trophy are in here as well so see that trophy for a full location guide. On the table beneath the safe is a knife, press :square: to pick it up then quietly move round the corner and deal with the guard. I would also use the switch box on the wall to turn off all the lights in the area to make sneaking easier. In the next room you want to stay hidden and quietly knockout/kill all the guards as moving around unseen will be difficult, even on Easy. There's a silenced revolver on a table in one of the side rooms that will help you, it's in the room where 2 guys are playing Russian Roulette. You can make stealing it easier by tricking one of the guards into killing the other by waiting for them to go off and do something, then you can sneak out and rig the revolver. Once rigged, go back into hiding and wait for the inevitable to happen then wait for the surviving soldier to run off before picking up the silenced revolver.

There are 2 ways out of this area (both are in the same room as a safe box):

1: The first exit is down a brightly lit corridor that's patrolled by a normal soldier and a Heavy Shotgun trooper. NOTE: The door to this corridor may or may not be locked as it depends on what the alert status of the enemies is, if it is locked then option 2 is your only way out.

2: The other exit is directly opposite the first one (there's a shovel mounted on the wall to the left of the door) and is only patrolled inside by light infantry.

My preference is for Option 2 as there is more cover and only weaker soldiers to deal with, you will also find your coat and Journal in a locker in the changing rooms. You don't need to retrieve these items but the compass on your Journal may prove useful in conjunction with your lighter if you get lost (as your lighter smoke will point you in the right direction). Whichever route you take, you will eventually end up at a Firing Range that's swarming with soldiers of all types so ensure you have plenty of ammo. To make life easier for yourself try and sneak into the back room where there's a sparking power box, press :square: to remove the throwing knife that's bridging the circuit breakers and cut the power. To exit the Firing Range you need to head up the stairs then turn left and into a small control room, press :square: on the wall mounted lever (there's also an AK in here with a nightvision scope, pick it up before you leave as you may need it later). Pulling the lever will open the gate at the other end of the walkway, open the next door to exit the area but watch out for the tripwire activated bomb at the bottom of the steps on the other side of the door.

Once you've crawled through the drainage pipe into the next area, you'll almost certainly have to shoot your way to the exit as there are a lot of heavily armed guards. There is a possibility you may run into a bizarre but beneficial bug here and in the penultimate area. Basically the enemies will freeze in position and won't attack, if this happens then don't try to stealth kill/knock them out else you'll be frozen in place as well and have to reload your checkpoint. However you manage to get through the area, just don't fall into the radioactive water that flows through the area else it will kill you pretty quickly.

In the mini area you come to next, you have to navigate a flooded Generator room. This area is straightforward but watch out for the tripwire bomb in the entrance to the room at the top of the stairs. Once past the tripwire, turn left then open the door at the end and proceed into the penultimate area. In this next area you'll have no choice but to shoot your way through to the exit, unless you run into the previously mentioned bug in which case you can stroll through at your leisure. Fortunately this area is extremely small and linear so finding the exit won't be difficult.

For the final area you just want to walk through the bar/stripclub (there's no nudity so don't worry about that) until you reach the platform at the other end and get on the railcar that's waiting there. The trophy will pop once the screen goes black and returns you to the "Press Start" screen.

See here for a video walkthrough if you need it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW7SlIyc5GA]Metro Last Light - Chronicles Pack DLC Walkthrough - Pavel - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to DarkHawkGaming for this video (although this video is for the PC version, the info is still valid).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1046/66.jpg Safe Cracker (B)

Open 8 safe boxes on the PAVEL level.

Missable

This trophy is missable because you can't return to certain areas after leaving them as the door(s) will lock behind you.

There are 8 safe boxes in total and to open them you need to find all 8 keys. The safe boxes and keys will never be more than a few feet away from each other so the amount of backtracking needed should be minimal. Also note that this trophy is not glitched as was previously reported, if it doesn't pop after opening the final safe box then you've missed one somewhere.

Here is what a safe box looks like (wall version):

http://i.imgur.com/KxmMbbg.png

Free standing safe box:

http://i.imgur.com/IthD4eb.png

(Rear/side view of a free-standing safe box):

http://i.imgur.com/tOpLTQm.png

What the keys look like:

http://i.imgur.com/SGMRjVi.png

See here for a video walkthrough:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK9NR4OxGrY]Metro: Last Light - Safe Cracker Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to One Drunk Gamer for this video (although this video is for the Xbox 360 version, the info is still valid).

NOTES:

- Safe boxes 5+6 in the above video can be obtained in any order, providing you don't leave the area but personally I find it easier and safer to get safe box #6 first then do #5 afterwards.

- The fastest way to get out of the vault where safe box #7 (in the above video) is located is to walk to the door then shoot the sparking power box on the other side of the Generator room, this way you don't have to wait for the timer to kick in but if you're low on ammo then you can wait until the door opens.

Also, see this quote from RedHoodHunter

Safe #1 / Key #1 are in the hallway right after you escape. This hallway must be passed through (it's the spot where you first pick up the knife).

Safe #2 is in the next room (you'll see three guys along the back wall talking). The safe is in the centre of the room on top of a box. Key #2 is in a box in the area with all the beds.

Safe #3 is in the middle of the shooting gallery on the ground floor. The #3 key is next to it on the back of a crate.

Safe #4 / Key #4 are along the top walkway of the shooting gallery (one is at each end). The key is in the booth with the two guards.

Safe #5 is on top of the shanty town. The #5 key is in a hut below it (you'll notice a blue glow coming from this hut. The key is hanging from a pot).

Safe #6 / Key #6 are towards the exit of the shanty town. There's a hut with the key and right after it is the final hut with the safe.

Key #7 is right after you exit the shanty town through the bulkhead door. Go right and you'll see a flooded stairwell. Head down it. The key is in an orangish box on the wall. Safe #7 is behind a door you need to open with the charger / pump thingy. It's right before you leave this area and very hard to miss.

Key #8 is right after you enter the area with the wooden walkways and the flooded room. It's hanging from the edge of some stairs. Safe #8 is at the other end of the room, just beyond the door. You'll have to pass it to progress through the level so it's very visible.

I hope this saves my fellow trophy hunters some time!

Edited by Terminator
Update.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1046/67.jpg No Way Out (B)

Complete the KHAN level.

[spoiler=NWO]After the opening cutscene, make your way through the smoke until you meet Khan then follow him until you get to a door which he will ask you to power on. Once the door is open, keep following Khan (get your lighter out as it's really dark in the area ahead) and search all the corpses as at least one will have supplies on it. You will have a vision shortly after the Auto Save and the graphics will go intentionally funky so don't panic. After being snapped out of the vision you will have to follow Khan again but after a few seconds he will tell you to stand still as a hostile Anomaly will appear, once it has moved on you will able to move out safely.

After the encounter with the Anomaly you will follow Khan to a room with a waste chute, get in it then after you hit the bottom make sure you grab the medkit from behind a grate in the top left-hand corner of the room. For the next section you will have only your lighter to deal with a tunnel full of spiderlings and Rats, fortunately they will die on contact with your lighter's flame. Shortly after the Rats appear Khan will push you down a pipe into another tunnel which is also swarming with Rats, only this time it will take more than your lighter to kill them all. To kill the Rats you need to lure the previously met Anomaly out of hiding, to do this there are 2 banks of batteries that need charging. The first set is behind you through a door on the right-hand side of the tunnel, it's really dark in here so turn on your headlight (press and hold :l2: then press :triangle:). To charge the Batteries you need to follow the corridor round until you hit a blockage, turn to your right to see the door which leads to the Battery room. Inside here you will find a power box which can charge by pressing :square: but watch out for the Nosailes that will spawn behind you and in the tunnel on your way out. There's a box just round the corner from this first power box that has a medkit and some ammo in it should they be needed. Battery bank #2 is back the way you came and through a door to Khan's left. To get to the power box (the one that charges the batteries) you need to go forward a few feet then look to your right to see another door, go through it but watch out for the Nosailes that's hiding in a corner. Charge the power box then return to Khan but before you do that, kill the Nosailes that tries to pounce on you then check the nearby skeleton for supplies if needed.

Once you've returned to Khan he will tell you to stand still and not move, this is so the Anomaly will kill only the Rats and not the two of you. After the Anomaly has self-destructed, follow Khan and open any doors that are blocking your way. Eventually you will come across 2 people sitting around a campfire and an interactive cutscene will play out, at the end of which you will be in a vision and transported back in time to when Khan was much younger and be given an automatic shotgun. This new weapon is takes ages to reload and eats ammo for breakfast so only tap the trigger to avoid wasting ammo. It's during this final section where you have to defend a barricade that you will start working on the Hunting trophy, see that trophy for a full walkthrough and tips on how to get it.

After defending the barricade, return to the door you came through earlier. After a short while a brief cutscene will kick in, after which you'll have to kill a Nosailes. Your task now is to retrieve some explosives from the Station's Arsenal and use them to seal various security breaches. To get to the explosives you need to turn left from where the cutscene was and carry on moving forward, you'll know if you're in the right place as you'll see a sign that says "Stop, Exchange". The detonation point you're looking for is right at the other end of the Station where the malfunctioning doors are, place the explosives on the wooden crossbar at the base of the escalators to trigger a cutscene then the Chapter will end.

The trophy will pop once the screen goes black and returns you to the "Press Start" screen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75vjPvn3kc]Metro Last Light - Chronicles Pack DLC Walkthrough - Khan - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to DarkHawkGaming for this video (although this video is for the PC version, the info is still valid).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1046/68.jpg Hunting (B)

Kill 20 Nosailes and the Big Momma.

Missable

[spoiler=HG]The description for this trophy is highly misleading as there is no Big Momma to kill.

The majority of your kills for this trophy will come from when you have to defend a barricade alongside 2 other people during the vision sequence. The rest of the kills will come as you fight your way to the Station's Arsenal and then to where the explosives have to be set. If the trophy doesn't pop by the time you get to security doors you have to blow up, then hang around a short while as the Nosailes will continue to spawn providing you don't set off the explosives. If you run out of shotgun and AK ammo then scavenge around as there will be some petrol bombs, claymores and helsing ammo (the helsing is in an open locker near the stockpile of explosives you need to finish the Chapter (credit to Craig1987 for this info)).

See here if you're having trouble getting this trophy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMnDKn7ixxw]Metro: Last Light - Hunting Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to One Drunk Gamer for this video (although this video is for the Xbox 360 version, the info is still valid).

The trophy will pop shortly after getting your 20th kill.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1046/69.jpg The Sunset of Hope (B)

Complete the ANNA level.

[spoiler=TSOH]At the start of this Chapter you have to complete a series of QTE's to progress (press :square: when the prompts appear), eventually you get to the top of the ruined structure and the Auto Save will kick in. This spot is the only place you can get the Eagle Eye trophy, see that trophy for details. After you and Artyom have fought off the Watchmen, another Auto Save will kick in and you'll have a QTE to perform (press :square:). By now your Air Filter will need replacing so change it by pressing and holding :l2: then pressing :cross:. Now you have to track and shoot the Little Dark One 4 times, after the 4th shot your view will be locked to looking down your sniper scope for a few seconds. Once you're free to move again, use the zipline to your left (press :square: on it).

After you've recovered from your crash landing, get your silenced SMG out and collect some spare filters from the nearby corpse. Now, watch out for the snipers on the bridge opposite as they rarely miss and prepare for a firefight. Once you've cleaned out all the soldiers, head over to a nearby destroyed van which has some ammo, spare filters and a replacement gas mask should you need to replace yours, there is additional ammo, filters and a medkit in a nearby box so grab those as well. This next section is really dark so turn on your headlight by pressing and holding :l2: then pressing :triangle:. The layout of this area is fairly linear but it can be easy to get lost, if that happens then get your lighter and Journal out (press :select: then hold :r1:) to see which direction the compass in the top left-hand corner is pointing. Eventually you'll meet a small group of soldiers that you may be able to stealth kill/knock out if you're fast enough. After you've dealt with them keep moving forward until you hit a dead end, a cutscene will play and the Chapter will end.

The trophy will pop once the screen goes black and returns you to the "Press Start" screen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9Y4VdbtRc]Metro Last Light - Chronicles Pack DLC Walkthrough - Anna - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Terminator
Update.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1046/70.jpg Eagle Eye (B)

Kill more Watchmen that Artyom does.

Missable

This trophy is tricky for the following reasons:

1: Because the reload time on your sniper rifle is a long one.

2: Sometimes the Watchmen will go behind the burnt out trees that are dotted across the map, thus making a clean kill impossible.

3: There is no set number of Watchmen you have to kill as it changes each time you play.

To stand the best chance of getting this trophy:

1: Only use your sniper rifle because the SMG's range is too short and will use too much ammo.

2: Press and hold :l3: to steady your aim and only shoot stationary targets, else you will more than likely miss.

3: Listen for when Anna calls out the locations of each wave of Watchmen.

Anna will call out whenever you get a kill and after approx 3-4 mins, the remaining Watchmen will run away and the trophy will pop if you succeeded. If you miss more than 3 times, then reload the last checkpoint else it's unlikely you'll be able to kill enough Watchmen to satisfy the trophy requirement.

See here if you have trouble getting this trophy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2G9KCFiDy8]Metro: Last Light - DLC: Chronicles Pack Eagle Eye Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Credit to TheBrothersGrim666 for this video (although this video is for the Xbox 360 version, the info is still valid).

Edited by Darth_Krid
Editorial sweep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
First person to post here apart from GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :francis:

Thanks for the guide T. It helped a bunch especially the safe boxes :hug:

No problem :), the Safe trophy took me longer to get than all the others combined as some are not easy to find. If it wasn't for the video I found on Youtube, I doubt I would have ever got it :(.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide. I've missed seven shots in the ANNA level, killed much more than artyom still. His water gun didn't do shit to enemies, think he killed like 3 or 4 overall. I had more trouble finishing KAHN level than getting the kills, luckily your walkthrough was godsend.

However in pavel, my game crashed at the end wiping my trophies AFTER I've earned the safe trophy which to no surprise i lost. Loaded my save and the last safe was already opened, tried looting incendiary grenades from it and it didn't pop again. Finished the level and got the level trophy, restarted the level and got the safes again, no trophy? Could i have missed one? Doubt it. Did it again with a checklist, no trophy. I was 100% sure i got all of them this time, I've just played the level thrice in a row and with a checklist, no trophy. Started ranger mode, at the chase scene i tried again and did pavel in ranger HC, no trophy. Guess the trophy trigger is saved in my file so I'm going to wipe my data after the ranger HC playthrough and see if it pops then because if not, I'm screwed.

1: No problem, I'm just glad you found it useful :).

2: Trophies bugging out after a crash is sadly, very common and there isn't much that can be done to rectify to the situation as about all you can do is delete your saves and start over entirely from scratch :(.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

You mean common?

Yeah I've finished ranger mode and wiped my save, tried again without a guide and got all them, trophy popped. I knew i didn't miss any. Luckily the trophy trigger never kicked in when doing artifacts because it would have SUCKED to get them all done again.

Thanks for all guides, terminator. Not sure if you have written the ranger one as i didn't use a guide for campaign, but every other dlc guide was top work, very helpful.