Am I stuck at The Carnival for good?

Robaldinio

Started playing this last night and got up to The Carnival to the point where the teddy bear machine seemed to require two final tickets. The remaining games for me to win were the Weight Guessing Guy and the Wheel of Misfortune. It was late and I couldn't work out what to do so I went to bed. I since thought of an idea involving the magician and his cake which may perhaps allow me to trick the weight guesser...

Anyway, I loaded my game back up today and I'm at the same point, except the magician's cake won't show up. Last night it seemed that he would vanish the cake, then any item I placed on the table, he would transform back into the cake... But now the table is just empty (it's even labelled as 'Empty Magician's Table') and the cake is nowhere to be seen.

Even if I'm a mile off on my puzzle theory :p (and if I am, I'd rather not be told any of the solutions outright) I'm sure the cake will be required for something as it seems every interactive item in the game so far has had its purpose.

So, is this similar to the Postcard glitch? Is there any way to reset the level, or is a new game the only option? I am only on my first playthrough so it wouldn't be the end of the world...

The cake is not needed for that puzzle, or any if I remember correctly :p I won't post the vanishing solution here as per your request, but let me know if you want it. The cake was an example to show you what he could do, it's not meant to reappear.

(Starting a new game would be your only option if this happened with something essential)

Aha! It seemed to be reappearing every time until I stopped playing last night... That's reassuring though, thanks. I'll give it another look before crawling back for help. :D

edit: Okay, I didn't actually realise he was literally turning things invisible. I thought stuff was being transformed, or at least teleported out of sight, so my plan was to stand on the scales and have the item teleport to me before the dude guessed the weight, lol. Over-thinking things as usual!

Now I'm just pulling my hair our at The Wheel of Misfortune! I've all three characters involved -- one up at the generator with the wrench, one at the colour picker, and one at the wheel lever. There's no fooling that dude though!!! And when the power is out, the colour picker is inactive, eve though it stays illuminated. :/

Incidentally, what is the firemen bit about? The Hillbilly has swam underground with the wrench and stopped the dripping hose, but nothing else seems to happen... :think:

By the time I return to this forum I'll probably be looking up the solution for WoM. :p

edit ii: I had already been to the fortune teller but I guess I didn't pay attention... :whistle::o

Edited by Robaldinio

Ugh, this game is trolling me hard. Stuff keeps not showing up where its supposed to, often until I reload the game.

Well I don't want to give too much away to anybody who may read this before playing, but the boulder section of the Museum was the first instance. Once I figured out the concept of altering the course of history, I couldn't get anybody to hold the boulder away from the crack without it resetting when I switched characters. Eventually I got something to happen after cycling through the time-zones a hundred times (the broken boulder pieces showed up) but my character got stuck in something invisible. The final outcome didn't reveal itself fully until I selected 'Save & Exit' and reloaded the game.

There may have been something else that went beyond me too because I saw absolutely no connection between flattening the dude and grabbing the key -- I just happened to grab it afterwards by pure chance.

Now I'm at the Island and I've completed most of it but I was just missing the cross-pipe. After briefly looking up the solution, I reloaded my game and as it happens, I was standing right beneath the platform where it was supposed to be. It definitely wasn't there before though because I've already seen the cave painting up there and I've jumped over the side a dozen times.

I'm at the point now where I can't really trust the game not to fuck me over for five playthroughs so I'm going to have to be boring and just follow a guide the whole way. Why must shitty developers punish me for trying to enjoy their game the proper way? :rolleyes: