Great game

dejaroux

I wasn't too sure about it, but downloaded it anyway and love it. Wish it would be a lot longer though.

I think the thing I like most about this game is that all the trophies are basically missable and makes you think to get them. Besides that, not having any real enemies to worry about was also a plus for a game like this.

Is there any other games like this that I've probably never played?! Please tell! :D

Edited by dejaroux

According to Darth_Krid, the roadmap maker for this game, you could try Limbo, Braid or Kyntt Underground. I can't vouch for any of those as I've not played them, so he can come in here and elaborate on them. But I will be trying Limbo soon.

I can't really think of any other game like this, although I'm sure there must be some...I'm sort of reminded of The Lost Vikings haha.

I also really enjoyed the game, for two reasons...the puzzles are great. And I'm not a fan of puzzles, mostly because some are too annoying like in Tomb Raider Underworld lol, or too asinine, like anything that requires you to just push randomly placed blocks in certain places or flick switches around.

But the puzzles in here were very imaginative, enjoyable and quirky, and I liked how they were part of the environment you were in, and part of the stories.

Aaaand I loved the artsy style of the game. In THAT respect I could always suggest Black Knight Sword. Not a puzzler, but certainly unique looking. Nowhere near as fun as The Cave though. Hunting for some of the trophies did get annoying after a while, but otherwise this rules, and I hope we get some kind of sequel soon.

Oh also I once tried a demo for a game called Closure, some kind of puzzle game involving light. You use light orbs to light up stuff and...I don't really know. XD The light reveals platforms for you to go on, powers stuff up...Been too long, but if you're looking for puzzles, I remember those being pretty unique.

According to Darth_Krid, the roadmap maker for this game, you could try Limbo, Braid or Kyntt Underground. I can't vouch for any of those as I've not played them, so he can come in here and elaborate on them. But I will be trying Limbo soon.

I can't really think of any other game like this, although I'm sure there must be some...I'm sort of reminded of The Lost Vikings haha.

I also really enjoyed the game, for two reasons...the puzzles are great. And I'm not a fan of puzzles, mostly because some are too annoying like in Tomb Raider Underworld lol, or too asinine, like anything that requires you to just push randomly placed blocks in certain places or flick switches around.

But the puzzles in here were very imaginative, enjoyable and quirky, and I liked how they were part of the environment you were in, and part of the stories.

Aaaand I loved the artsy style of the game. In THAT respect I could always suggest Black Knight Sword. Not a puzzler, but certainly unique looking. Nowhere near as fun as The Cave though. Hunting for some of the trophies did get annoying after a while, but otherwise this rules, and I hope we get some kind of sequel soon.

Oh also I once tried a demo for a game called Closure, some kind of puzzle game involving light. You use light orbs to light up stuff and...I don't really know. XD The light reveals platforms for you to go on, powers stuff up...Been too long, but if you're looking for puzzles, I remember those being pretty unique.

Thanks guy! I'll look into those games.

And yes I hope there is some kind of sequel or more like it. :dance:

I don't like the games where the character gives a hint or something is highlighted before you have the time to figure it out on your own.

Glad I downloaded The Cave. :thumbsup:

*Read OP and prepares to type "Limbo, Braid and Kyntt Underground*

*Scrolls down and sees Dancing Mad has done it for me*

Thanks Dancing Mad! :p I still stand by those recommendations btw.

If you want anymore info on those three games, I can give you it. I haven't played Knytt Underground yet though.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 2 weeks later...

Cute game, loved its sense of humor. Even with the characters dark secrets everything is so funnily depicted with the cave being sardonic all the time that makes you believe killing your loved ones is no big deal :p

I really hope Ron Gilbert to be in the industry for some decades more, with the same spark.

I'm enjoying it, funny and good puzzles.

But when you have played with all the characters once you've pretty much seen all there is to see, so the remaining playthroughs for 100% trophies are going to be quite boring I imagine.

But if you don't care about trophies it's simply a good little puzzler game.

... but obviously not anymore LOL... tried them... Knytt is way too tougher than this and you may end up finishing the game without getting any trophies at all (that is if you're into it) BUT there is a guide though... it's tedious but doable...

As for Limbo. It has one of those "don't die 5 times as you finish the game in one playthrough" trophies. It's "darker" than Knytt or the Cave as you see the character get decapitated and giant spiders stabbing you to death... also some mean nasty killer kids as well LOL...

The Cave is way much better visually.. heck over all... it's "GOLDILOCKS" compared to the other two I mentioned...

This game is nothing like Limbo, Limbo is much darker and more sinister. Also imo its a bit harder than this one. Limbo is def worth playing though and far superior to this game.

I would say that this is similar to LBP in style but more puzzly (if that's a word). I found the voice over/narrator quite annoying, trying too hard to be funny/scary and failing badly at it.

Still its a decent game, but once again a game with 5 playthroughs for all the trophies is probably 3 too many for my liking.

• 2 months later...
I wasn't too sure about it, but downloaded it anyway and love it. Wish it would be a lot longer though.

I think the thing I like most about this game is that all the trophies are basically missable and makes you think to get them. Besides that, not having any real enemies to worry about was also a plus for a game like this.

Is there any other games like this that I've probably never played?! Please tell! :D

You know, i wouldnt have bet a cent on haeving fun with this game, but must say it's way better than i was supposing it to be. Must say i only finished the 1st playthrough, so i can still get bored before getting 100% of the trophies:whistle:

• 4 months later...