Who wants to live forever

SoPoF

First of all, a little venting off.

Protip to the devs: If you include a trophy about not getting killed during the whole game you better make sure the game always correctly recognizes when characters jump at or walk onto a ladder or rope or prepare to have your teeth kicked out of your mouth. Thanks.

Seriously, I've lost count on how many times I had to restart a section due to falling to my death for no other reason than the game screwing up.

Now to some actual advice.

In case you haven't been thinking about this yourself, you can copy your savefile to an external drive or the plus cloud in order to make it easier. I don't know if simply quitting via the PS button will be enough, so I always copy the old file over the newer one whenever I died. Whenever I reach a new section without having died, I copy the new file over the old one.

I would also suggest you wait for this trophy until your third playthrough because then, you will already be familiar with most of the game, thus limiting number of deaths.

Personally, I recommend having played the twins and the monk before, then let these be the two replayed characters on the third run,* because they're chapters are very short and uncomplicated once you know what to do and they have the least ways to die. Basically you can only die if the game lets you fall down a ladder or something like that and the opportunities for that are rare in their chapters. (See above, grrrr!)

Another good choice would be the knight as you can protect him with his special power, unvulnerability.

*In order to see every chapter, you will have to play a third time with one new character and two you already played before. (Unless you played someone double earlier.)

Edit: The trophy will unlock as soon as your first character reaches the end. You could, technically, still go and kill the other characters after that. ;)

Edited by SoPoF

This wasn't very hard. yea... i died like 50 times. but all i had to do was dashboard since the game auto saves and you can save at anytime. i'm going to assume you can do the same on a PS3 and then reload the game and continue. i did it on my first playthrough and so should everyone else, why worry about it later when you can do it now and die as much as you want with everyone else on other playthroughs.

but yes, i agree. they should have given us more seeing space. im just glad i unlocked it. oh and that damn postcard achievement as well....

Warning ! Glitch in adventurer story :

Once two of your characters are in the room with the four animal plates (lion, jackal, bird and snake) and the adventurer lowers the spikes of the ceiling of that room by walking on the type of plate that result in a scream, don't save until you exit the pyramid and reach the next area.

If you save and resume, two of your characters will spawn in the spikes of the ceiling and die. Whether they were in the room before the save or further in the pyramid, they will respawn in the spikes of that room. Every single time you quit and resume, it will happen, making it impossible to achieve the "Who Wants To Live Forever" trophy.

In my case, the adventurer had walked on three plates, lowering the spikes three times. I don't know if the same happens when the spikes were lowered only once or twice, but I wouldn't take the risk. :whistle:

If you're after this trophy, I strongly discourage you to pick the adventurer, knight, scientist or hillbilly, as it is easy to die in the pyramid, castle, lab or carnival. The safest three characters in my opinion are the Time Traveler, Monk and Twins. Unless you really know what you're doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this last night, and only now realized I could have been manually saving to stop having to replay all the way back from auto-saves!

Only trouble was in the Monk's stage. One, that stupid elevator after the water jug puzzle. For some reason if the bottom of it touches your head, you die, even if you're jumping!! Since it would wait so long to come back down I wouldn't realize it wasn't there and run a character right under it.

Then, I'm not clear on the flying carpet part. I guess you HAVE to climb up the first rope, have the feather with you, then fall back down to the water in order to go back up again to the top? When I tried to just stay on the carpets to the top, the rope never spawned, the carpets disappeared and I fell. Really not sure what the deal is.

Warning ! Glitch in adventurer story :

Once two of your characters are in the room with the four animal plates (lion, jackal, bird and snake) and the adventurer lowers the spikes of the ceiling of that room by walking on the type of plate that result in a scream, don't save until you exit the pyramid and reach the next area.

If you save and resume, two of your characters will spawn in the spikes of the ceiling and die. Whether they were in the room before the save or further in the pyramid, they will respawn in the spikes of that room. Every single time you quit and resume, it will happen, making it impossible to achieve the "Who Wants To Live Forever" trophy.

The Adventurer is the single worst choice out of all 7 characters to use. She has the most dangerous section that can cause multiple deaths. Easiest, as mentioned, is Time Traveller, Monk and Twins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yeah. As soon as the third character is on his or her carpet, might as well put down the controller. You don't even want to move a single inch. And the rope with the bridge on the right after the third object of desire is optional, for a trophy. It's not required in any way to solve the carpet puzzle.

I failed that so many times on my no dying run, even though to this day I'll still say I never touched the controller!

Well, got the trophy today. And wow, how annoying. I can't believe I died as many times as I did. Probably cheesed myself off by putting myself in the mindframe of not dying, which what a bad idea. I swear, I died at the mining stage over ten times. LMAO I suck.

I WANT MAH GAUL DURN MINE CARTS!! Yeah man, you know where Imma stick those damn dynamite sticks...and the easiest stage of all, the Twin house, I died there in the most stupid ways. Right at the end when you finish everything, I fell down the drop and died...TWICE.

Man lol. What an annoying trophy, but to be fair, I was being real impatient.

Yeah, that's why as soon as I start the level, I grab the bucket, go back a ways then return for the shovel; so that I don't have to die right at the end of the level...those dynamites don't help that they blow up nearly as soon as they hit the ground, too. As you say, their hit detection suck, wherever the hell you go they still seem to get you. One of them that the guy threw was one where he doesn't throw it far at all, and my twins are just ABOUT out of reach, the screen is about to shift, then they died. Completely ridiculous. That one little bit, now that I've done it so many times and therefore have observed it in a way which I would not have were not dying so important...seems completely damn random.

This wasn't very hard. yea... i died like 50 times. but all i had to do was dashboard since the game auto saves and you can save at anytime. i'm going to assume you can do the same on a PS3 and then reload the game and continue. i did it on my first playthrough and so should everyone else, why worry about it later when you can do it now and die as much as you want with everyone else on other playthroughs.

but yes, i agree. they should have given us more seeing space. im just glad i unlocked it. oh and that damn postcard achievement as well....

I think second play-through is better since you don't have to worry about figuring out how to solve all the puzzles

That mine cart bit was infuriating. I got to the end like 5 times and kept having to restart as the hit detection on his dynamite was stupid. And the jumping controls were pretty floaty which meant I misjudged occasionally.

Why do you need to jump? Are you trying to catch the dynamite in mid-air? I just stood toward the back and waited to see where the dynamite would land. If it was right at me or right next to me, I either automatically caught it or hit circle button to pick it up. If I had to move forward to reach it at all, I took cover (moved back) to wait for the next one, and never got killed.

i think im going to use hillbilly instead because his section is super easy, not sure why no one thinks otherwise. also i feel like the time travelers section isnt as easy as everyone says it is

How do you get down from the ledge above the ferris wheel with the fuse without dying? When stopped, those ferris wheel cars are stacked on top of one another making it a very tricky platforming maneuver to jump down to each one.

Why do you need to jump? Are you trying to catch the dynamite in mid-air? I just stood toward the back and waited to see where the dynamite would land. If it was right at me or right next to me, I either automatically caught it or hit circle button to pick it up. If I had to move forward to reach it at all, I took cover (moved back) to wait for the next one, and never got killed.

I'm pretty sure he just meant jumping in general. Although I didn't have any trouble with it, I do agree the jumping could have been a little tighter.

How do you get down from the ledge above the ferris wheel with the fuse without dying? When stopped, those ferris wheel cars are stacked on top of one another making it a very tricky platforming maneuver to jump down to each one.

I never died coming down from the ferris wheel ledge. Then again, mine were never in a perfect line. If you're going for a no-death run with Hillbilly, then just pop the battery back in if the carts line up improperly.

I never died coming down from the ferris wheel ledge. Then again, mine were never in a perfect line. If you're going for a no-death run with Hillbilly, then just pop the battery back in if the carts line up improperly.

I actually had to do that going for my no death run, it was the second playthrough, it's still a pain though

I was referring to the jumping controls in general, I died a couple of times attempting to jump onto a rope but missing.

And agreed on the ferris wheel, I died a couple of times on that and it's really annoying having to do the whole section again!

I was referring to the jumping controls in general, I died a couple of times attempting to jump onto a rope but missing.

And agreed on the ferris wheel, I died a couple of times on that and it's really annoying having to do the whole section again!

Don't be afraid to save and exit midway through a section if you think you might die, it saves a hell of alot of time.