Rate the trophy difficulty  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_3.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.80

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the 100% today. Gave it a 1.

It will take 5 playthroughs for a mere 300 points, which takes some time, but neither the game itself nor the trophies are challenging. The "Who Wants To Live Forever" seemed scary at first, but it's really not that hard to achieve since you can exit to the xmb and reload any time you die. The Remorse trophy requires some dedication, but is fairly easy as well.

I didn't need any hint whatsoever on the game's puzzles (veteran Monkey Island / Maniac Mansion player), but I definitely wouldn't have figured out some of the trophies on my own.

The game is a lot of fun. I love it. And I would definitely buy a DLC with three more characters (like that pirate-robot-clown trio for instance). :)

I'm going to give this a 3.

The trophies can be quite confusing if you haven't got a guide due to the ambiguous descriptions, but none are too troublesome if you know how to get them.

Who Wants To Live Forever is the most difficult as you can't die, but being able to XMB-quit saves this from being a nightmare. The 5 playthroughs get a bit tedious, and some puzzles are fairly challenging the first time around.

gave it a 2, after several playthroughs you learn from previous mistakes going for your 'don't die' run and which are the best characters to use. plus the quit to xmb trick if you do die makes it even easier. good game overall, and a nice return for ron gilbert. loved monkey island and maniac mansion.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/beano_brfc.png

• 1 month later...

Gave it a 3, but without looking at the forum it would have been a lot harder thinking about it!

Stayed fun until my last run through because I had missed a painting for the Time Traveler and I was going for not dying. Well the painting I was missing ended up in the Monks level and for me to get it probably would've involved me dying so I just said screw it and finished. I had to play again just for 1 painting. :rolleyes: :dance:

Gave it a 3, but without looking at the forum it would have been a lot harder thinking about it!

Stayed fun until my last run through because I had missed a painting for the Time Traveler and I was going for not dying. Well the painting I was missing ended up in the Monks level and for me to get it probably would've involved me dying so I just said screw it and finished. I had to play again just for 1 painting. :rolleyes: :dance:

You could of just went back and gotten the feather and broke the bridge that way you would of had to die

You could of just went back and gotten the feather and broke the bridge that way you would of had to die

Couldn't. The feather was at the first bridge and I was at the carpets. The elevator didn't want to go down for some reason!

I'll give it a 2. If you didn't use a guide for this, most of the trophies would be hard to figure out. I don't think I would have thought of half of what they want you to do without a guide.

While they're easy to get once you know how, they do require a bit of some work, dedication and you'll have to be ready for a lot of repetition.

Gltiches aside, there's nothing difficult to deal with here. The puzzles are pretty straight forward and you probably won't need a puzzle guide for anything. I didn't have to put much thought into any of the puzzles and only a couple took more than a few minutes to figure out.

Tedious seems to be the best way to describe the game. Puzzles are fun the first time you face them, but you'll do several of them five times- more if you're unfortunate enough to encounter a glitch. By the time you get to your final run you'll have had enough of this one.