I saw her standing there expert bass question

SnowSakura

• 2 weeks later...
I personally managed to get 99% on full/normal speed without alt. strumming.

Either way works, really. I just ended up missing one measly note. >_>

For this particular song, the notes are spaced just about enough to just do down strums, but seriously that just tires you out! I can alt-strum that song all day long, but continually down-strumming it means I can play it just once!

• 3 weeks later...

I have problems alt-strumming while playing bass... probably because I've played bass for 16 years and never used a pick, so it just feels wrong :D. Actually there should be 2 strum bars for your right hand... I'd love that :o And you really can't play GH controller with your fingers like you would do with real bass, the strum bar is just too sluggish.

But well, with mostly down-strumming spiced with alt-strumming in some phrases I got 97% on full speed without going into practice mode. The patterns for bass in this song are quite easy in fact... it just means much more job for your left hand with just one string and five frets than it would do with real bass.

• 2 weeks later...
I have problems alt-strumming while playing bass... probably because I've played bass for 16 years and never used a pick, so it just feels wrong :D. Actually there should be 2 strum bars for your right hand... I'd love that :o And you really can't play GH controller with your fingers like you would do with real bass, the strum bar is just too sluggish.

But well, with mostly down-strumming spiced with alt-strumming in some phrases I got 97% on full speed without going into practice mode. The patterns for bass in this song are quite easy in fact... it just means much more job for your left hand with just one string and five frets than it would do with real bass.

Actually, I saw a bass guitar controller a while ago in stores that had two strum bars :whistle:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...