Beatles: Rockband vs. Other Rockband/Guitar Hero games

I was wondering how people felt the difficulty of The Beatles : Rockband compared to that of the other Rockband games?

I've looked over some of the trophies (but not all), and it seems that it is easier to get trophies from the other Rockband or Guitar Hero games then it is to get trophies for The Beatles : Rockband.

Any thoughts on this?

I own The Beatles : Rockband and have been able to start earning the Expert Guitar/Bass trophies. Drums I'm still practicing. I was wondering how I would do with other music games after learning how to play everything on The Beatles?

Rock Band 2 is definitely an easier platinum than TB:RB. In RB2, you basically have to master one instrument so that you can complete every song on expert. In TB:RB, you have to be pretty damn good on every instrument to get the plat. Plus you need two friends who can sing too.

Lego Rock Band is ridiculously easy except for one hard trophy, for mastering one guitar solo. You could probably get it with a little practice if you manage to get all the guitar trophies in TB:RB. If you have problems with guitar on TB:RB, don't dream about that one LRB trophy.

GH5 and Band Hero and both laughably easy to platinum if you can play music games at all, but GH: Metallica, Smash Hits and Van Halen are all quite a bit harder than TB:RB.

Edited by Vintsukka

Rock Band 2 is definitely an easier platinum than TB:RB. In RB2, you basically have to master one instrument so that you can complete every song on expert. In TB:RB, you have to be pretty damn good on every instrument to get the plat. Plus you need two friends who can sing too.

Lego Rock Band is ridiculously easy except for one hard trophy, for mastering one guitar solo. You could probably get it with a little practice if you manage to get all the guitar trophies in TB:RB. If you have problems with guitar on TB:RB, don't dream about that one LRB trophy.

GH5 and Band Hero and both laughably easy to platinum if you can play music games at all, but GH: Metallica, Smash Hits and Van Halen are all quite a bit harder than TB:RB.

That basically sums it up. The Beatles: Rock Band is the hardest platinum out of the 3 Rock Band games but most of it is due to the requirements. You need 3 microphones which is annoying and then you need 2 other people that can sing well to help you get the trophies.

The songs on Rock Band 2 are harder though. You really do need to master an instrument and not just be able to get by on Expert.

I'm just glad to know that having spent so much time learning how to play the guitar/bass in TB:RB will allow me to do well in other Rockband and Guitar Hero games. I haven't taken much time to learn the drums, but they do look fun.

It does stink I can't get the singing trophies without TWO other people. It would have been possible to convince my wife to play, but might be hard to find a THIRD.

Thanks for the feedback. If I ever want a an easier music game, I know where to go now.

I own The Beatles : Rockband and have been able to start earning the Expert Guitar/Bass trophies. Drums I'm still practicing. I was wondering how I would do with other music games after learning how to play everything on The Beatles?

I'm jealous. I've been working on the 100% for I Saw Her Standing There, and the hammer ons pull offs for Dear Prudence and Dig a Pony for about 2 weeks now. I always seem to miss one note... it SUCKS!!! Good for you though! :applause:

And its definitely harder to platinum TB:RB.

• 1 month later...
I'm just glad to know that having spent so much time learning how to play the guitar/bass in TB:RB will allow me to do well in other Rockband and Guitar Hero games. I haven't taken much time to learn the drums, but they do look fun.

It does stink I can't get the singing trophies without TWO other people. It would have been possible to convince my wife to play, but might be hard to find a THIRD.

Thanks for the feedback. If I ever want a an easier music game, I know where to go now.

Drums are my #1, but i'm finally back in a rhythm with guitar/bass on expert. Vocals I can muscle through but I got a few friends who are better at vocals than I am so this could be great. I eagerly want to TB:RB.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
That basically sums it up. The Beatles: Rock Band is the hardest platinum out of the 3 Rock Band games but most of it is due to the requirements. You need 3 microphones which is annoying and then you need 2 other people that can sing well to help you get the trophies.

The songs on Rock Band 2 are harder though. You really do need to master an instrument and not just be able to get by on Expert.

If you're willing to hum your way through expert vocals (like I did), then RB2 is a ridiculously easy platinum. I didn't even bother practising, I just plugged in the mic, and did the Endless Setlist on expert vocals... failed two songs a few times, but you can just keep retrying.

As already said, GH5 and Band Hero are complete jokes. You don't even have to do very much in Band Hero, stick the mic up to something noisy like a fan... almost an instant platinum. I'm actually surprised it averages 4.36 difficulty in the ratings - Terminator Salvation actually required more effort O__o

• 4 months later...

Are Rock Bands really this easy to platinum? The only trophies I still need on TBRB are the online trophies, some vocal trophies which I can manage well and Helter Skelter 100%. I heard that RB2 has a trophy which requires you to play for 7 hours without accidently hitting pause or going to bathroom. I'd say that it will be a real challenge for me if I ever decide to buy the game.

Personally, I've found TB:RB insanely difficult, cause there are many trophies that require 100%'s or perfect solos or the like for a multitude of songs. So 1 trophy requires you to achieve some feat on 5 or more different songs.

As a trophy-earning game, I find this one very frustrating, especially since I'm only average at best playing the drums, and definitely not an expert at guitar/bass.

As a game in general, it's alot of fun for any Beatles fan, and definitely fun if you have more than one person in the house who wants to sing lol.

Personally, I've found TB:RB insanely difficult, cause there are many trophies that require 100%'s or perfect solos or the like for a multitude of songs. So 1 trophy requires you to achieve some feat on 5 or more different songs.

As a trophy-earning game, I find this one very frustrating, especially since I'm only average at best playing the drums, and definitely not an expert at guitar/bass.

As a game in general, it's alot of fun for any Beatles fan, and definitely fun if you have more than one person in the house who wants to sing lol.

Well I just got some trophies and now I only need 3. Triple harmonies (need 3rd mic) 1M points on song and unision bonuses. Only very frustrating trophy was I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS! but others were pretty easy once I got used to the Rock Band engine. So IMO a pretty easyish plat.

Well I just got some trophies and now I only need 3. Triple harmonies (need 3rd mic) 1M points on song and unision bonuses. Only very frustrating trophy was I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS! but others were pretty easy once I got used to the Rock Band engine. So IMO a pretty easyish plat.

Fair enough. As I said, part of my having difficulties is I'm only average at these games to begin with. Also, if I had more time to spend on it practicing I'd probably do alot better.

Someone who is an Expert at the RB and GH games in general, or can practice and get up to this point will probably have no problems with this game.

... I just wish that was me :(

Fair enough. As I said, part of my having difficulties is I'm only average at these games to begin with. Also, if I had more time to spend on it practicing I'd probably do alot better.

Someone who is an Expert at the RB and GH games in general, or can practice and get up to this point will probably have no problems with this game.

... I just wish that was me :(

Yeah. Might be because I've played all the Guitar Heroes. Now that you said it, I checked the platinum club and there aren't even 5 there. Guess it's pretty hard then. Just keep practising. The game that really boosted my skills was Guitar Hero: Metallica where I eagerly kept going for the platinum - and finally got it. It had 2 trophies which perfectly practise you: A trophy where you need to play a pretty hard song on guitar nearly 100% which teaches you high scoring and FCing and another trophy where you need to 5 star an impossible song on bass which teaches you skill, strumming rhythm and where to use star power to get the best possible score.

I don't know that may be just me but I think that game really makes you a skilled player when you keep trying and learning new stuff to achieve the trophies.

I have to controdict pretty much everything said so far. For me, Beatles was by FAR the easiest Rockband platinum. Bladder of Steel makes Rock Band 2 hard while I can't come close to the Final Countdown (maybe 93%). For me Rock Bands and Guitar Heroes line up like this:

Band Hero/GH5

Warriors of Rock (very little experience)

Beatles RB

RB3 (haven't started pro guitar but finished pro keys)

RB2

GH Metallica

LEGO RB

Smash Hits

Van Halen

I haven't a clue about Green Day, but those are my ordered platinum difficulties. I'm more of an instrumentalist, my vocals are rather lacking.

I have to controdict pretty much everything said so far. For me, Beatles was by FAR the easiest Rockband platinum. Bladder of Steel makes Rock Band 2 hard while I can't come close to the Final Countdown (maybe 93%). For me Rock Bands and Guitar Heroes line up like this:

Band Hero/GH5

Beatles RB

RB2

GH Metallica

LEGO RB

Smash Hits

Van Halen

I haven't a clue about Green Day, but those are my ordered platinum difficulties. I'm more of an instrumentalist, my vocals are rather lacking.

Is Lego Rock Band really that hard? I heard it's a piece of cake from a friend.

Crap. I'll never get platinum due to online servers failing. I managed to get all other trophies offline with no fail and unision bonuses placing my dad and bro on guitar and bass and running a quick tutorial of guitar hero playing but too bad I won't be getting 1,000,000 points :/ offline. We'll I guess it's no platinum for me.

Crap. I'll never get platinum due to online servers failing. I managed to get all other trophies offline with no fail and unision bonuses placing my dad and bro on guitar and bass and running a quick tutorial of guitar hero playing but too bad I won't be getting 1,000,000 points :/ offline. We'll I guess it's no platinum for me.

1.) LEGO RB is only hard because of The Final Countdown. I can FC a few Impossible tier songs and have a 25 or 6 to 4 GS but that solo kills me everytime. I have every plat above that on my list except Warriors of Rock (which I've played and have no trouble with) and Rock Band 3 (for which I don't have the pro guitar yet but have every hard trophy outside the pro guitar/bass ones).

2.) Just keep trying with the servers, but not all on one day. The servers work better on some days than others, just try connecting for maybe 5 minutes then give up for the day. Also the more friends you have the more likely you can get three to connect to.

1.) LEGO RB is only hard because of The Final Countdown. I can FC a few Impossible tier songs and have a 25 or 6 to 4 GS but that solo kills me everytime. I have every plat above that on my list except Warriors of Rock (which I've played and have no trouble with) and Rock Band 3 (for which I don't have the pro guitar yet but have every hard trophy outside the pro guitar/bass ones).

2.) Just keep trying with the servers, but not all on one day. The servers work better on some days than others, just try connecting for maybe 5 minutes then give up for the day. Also the more friends you have the more likely you can get three to connect to.

Thanks for the tips. I'm now off to do the Triple Fabs (borrowed some mics from cousins) but I'll try to get the 1M trophy. Is it possible with 2 people or do you need 3? If you need 3, is it possible with vocals so I could sing and play gtr at the same time while I get someone to play bass or drums offline?

• 3 months later...

Band Hero/GH5

Beatles RB

RB2

GH Metallica

LEGO RB

Smash Hits

Van Halen

I disagree with your list. More people have the platinum on RB2 than The Beatles, far far more in fact. For starters, the drum trainer trophies in RB2 were easy - you only had to complete half of them lol.

Bladder of Steel is piss easy (pardon the pun) - lots of people probably play COD for 10 hours straight without a break (I know my flatmate can), so Bladder of Steel is easier at 6½ hours. Also, as mentioned, you can play it on Medium. I managed it first time, wasn't hard. And then I did Platinum Artist two days later on Expert Vocals - took 7¼ hours, again it's not hard, you just need time. Do not confuse 7¼ hours with "difficult", they are not the same thing.

I don't have platinum for Lego, Green Day, or Beatles - only for RB2. So I think it's safe to say, given my fair abilities as a rhythm gamer, that Beatles is harder than RB2. I got the RB2 platinum in three months. I still don't have the platinum for Beatles despite playing it quite a lot.

I'd probably place Green Day below (i.e. harder than) Lego, basically because Green Day has a few very hard trophies - get all of Tres Cool's drum beats, get every kick note in Brain Stew.

EDIT: No way is RB2 harder than RB3 lol. Have you seen the advanced drum trainer in RB3? It makes RB2's drum trainer look like kindergarten beats. And the keys trainer is hard. And I've no idea about Pro Guitar since it's not even here in the UK yet *sigh*.

Edited by squodge

• 7 months later...

Each game has its own hard points.

Beatles: Vocals/Harmonies

Green Day: Drum Trainer

RB2: Bladder of Steel/Expert ESL 2

RB3: Pro Keys/Drum/Guitar

So it's all about overcoming that games specific challenge. (I can't speak for GH or Singstar, as I rarely play those, but I assume it's the same deal)

• 2 months later...

I personally find Beatles far far more difficult than RB2 was. I can't really play hammer-ons and pull-offs very well and that covers several trophies, plus you have to 100% a couple songs on expert. RB2 on the other hand involved making yourself available for the two "hardest" trophies, seeing as how I was a decent singer expert was pretty simple and I would have killed two birds with one stone to get Bladder of Steel except outside influences stopped me from doing so.

Lego Rock Band also seems like a hard plat, simply because of Final Countdown. I am not looking forward to that.

Edited by bigdrama