Rate the trophy difficulty.  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_85.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.34

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not to bad, the only hard trophies are getting 100% in things

This trophy list isn't too bad, but it emphasizes skill in all of the instruments. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is a great deal better on guitar, bass and vox than on drums...

I'll come back and edit this when I have a chance to try out the drum bits... don't want to vote without knowing what I'm really up against here.

EDIT: Knowing the situation with the microphones pretty much ensures that I'm not getting the Platinum on this one. At that rate, I'll probably not attempt the drum trophies since I don't really like playing drums and would only do it if it separated me from the platinum... knowing what I know at this point makes me inclined to put this at an 8 or 9... really wasn't expecting this to be harder to get than Rock Band 2's platinum.

Edited by jqtaxpayer

This trophy list isn't too bad, but it emphasizes skill in all of the instruments. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is a great deal better on guitar, bass and vox than on drums...

I'll come back and edit this when I have a chance to try out the drum bits... don't want to vote without knowing what I'm really up against here.

In that respect, it's similar to Rock Band 2, which also expected you to be great at guitar as well as drums (but less so on vocals). I believe a lot of people struggled with the beat/fill pattern trophies - getting all beats at 100bpm (or half the beats at 180bpm) was one of the last trophies I got.

I get the feeling that getting all the Beatles beats is going to catch a lot of people out. Has anyone actually looked at the very last beat pattern? It's insane - the kick pedal is kicking away *constantly*.

Yes, but at least in RB2 there are ways of getting some of the trophies much easier by choosing easy songs (Polly for drums, So Watcha Want for bass, Roxanne or They Say for guitar, Give it Away for the guitar solo). Heck, you can get the vocal trophy without singing a note, by holding the mic to So Watcha Want.

Here, you don't get to choose the songs. But, at least there's no Endless Setlist.

Oh yeah, this is gonna be an insane platinum. Even if you're great at drums and guitar managing to get all the 100% trophies you're gonna have a hell of a time with the triple fab trophy. Even on easy it's equivalent to a 100% notes hit across all band members trophy... 26 times. Not to mention the harmonies charting is crazy confusing sometimes.

About those vocal harmony trophies. Can they be done online or not? I'd heard that harmonies are disabled for online play, and if that's the case, then that means you NEED to get a hold of two other microphones and two other people that can harmonize with you.

That already presents a minor logistical nightmare if you've only got one microphone, you either need to rent, borrow or buy more equipment for yourself in addition to getting the required manpower if online harmonizing doesn't work. I'd say that bumps up the difficulty considerably.

yeah they need to be on the same system... but remember usb microphones are universal meaning you can borrow a 360 or wii? mic from a friend and use it, and also the ps eye works. I use 2 rb mics and the ps eye but even on easy it's stupid because 1 person is bound to miss 1 of the 20-30 harmony fabs. Ive only got like 1 of the 26 :mad:

I originally thought this was going to be a relatively easy platinum. Now actually playing the game I see that the triple fab trophy will be a bitch to do. Finding 2 extra mics or buying one? no thanks. Helter Skelter is a pretty tough drum song but with time that will come.

For the average person I don't see them getting the platinum on this game anytime soon. I play Expert guitar well and it took me about an hour to get that Dig a Pony trophy as you really need to learn when every hammer on is coming up.

The beats will also give people trouble as normal. I only did a couple as I had to go out but I took a look at the last beat and it was pretty insane. Damn Ringo!

I'll give it a 7.

I say "quite tough". Maybe 8 would be fair.

It's as difficult as Rock Band's 2 platinum (P). This is my first impression as Rock Band hardcore gamer. Still I'm not voting, because I don't have the game yet and I may change my mind... but still, pretty tough guys.

Well, I can get 98% on "I Saw Her Standing There" (expert bass) and 95% on "Helter Skelter" (expert drums)... and I honest feel I'll never get 100% in them. I get the feeling that most people will give up after listening to the songs over and over again. The only saving grace is that the songs aren't 7 minutes long like "Panic Attack" or "Through the Fire and Flames".

Edited by squodge

I voted a 9. In order to get all the trophies you need to be good at every instrument, most of the songs require expert gold stars which means you'll have to know the song left and right. The harmonies trophies is annoying because you have to play some songs and have three microphones (can't be done online). Also, there are some online trophies which are not hard but it always bumps up the difficulty a little bit as you have to rely on other people.

• 2 weeks later...
10. This Platinum is a nightmare, Harmonix guys were probably on LSD when they made it up.

Even people (not me) who's been playing this kind of game for years are having lots of trouble, I mean, WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Here's one of them. I got the platinum on Rock Band 2, but this is absolutely insane.

100% in i saw her standing there is an ABSOLUTE PAIN in the ass. I usually make 95% or more in every song in expert, but that 100% has already killed. Right now I have no hope on getting the platinum...

For me is a 10.

Yeah, Rock Band 2 plat wasn't hard in comparison (Bladder of Steel was the 'hardest' of the bunch, and not difficulty-wise, just endurance wise).

I've done most of the guitar/bass specific ones; just can't get the HOPO trophy for Dig a Pony.

I suck at the drums, so it'll be awhile before I can do any of the drum ones ('specially the Helter Skelter one, which even expert drummers have a very hard time with).

Definately a 9, if not a 10 in difficulty

I've played the game a fair bit now, and I still can't get the 100% in "I Saw Her Standing There" or "Helter Skelter" (in fact, I haven't improved on my previous attempts). I've added a few more of the Beatle Beats, but still have about 30 to do. And I've done none of the double or triple fabs. Man, the trophy system in this game is insane. I'm still not going to vote, but the Platinum really does seem much harder than for the Rock Band 2 (which I voted an 8 for difficulty).

I give it a 9 mainly because of the drums trophies. I think I'm pretty good on drums. I got "Animal!" in RB1 (achievement). But those 3 drums trophies are really tough. 100% that one song, 100% solo on The End - I may get those eventually. But the Beatle Beats are rough. You can't slow it down like the other beats. So I doubt I'll ever get it. And the vocal ones seem pretty tough too, but I haven't tried those.