Any tips for vocals?

Hitchcocker

This is my first rhythm game and I seem to suck bad at vocals. Any tips?

And for the harmonies, can I get messy on every note and still get the trophy? :p

also, how do you activate beatlemania? :S my friend said i have to tilt my guitar in the air but i dont even know if i have activated it.

Edited by Hitchcocker

I guess if you're bad at vocals, try to find out which of your friends is the best singer and have them help you out. Feel free to accomplish this through the guise of a party. Figure out who the best is, and then gradually steer the playlist to those songs required for the trophies.

Not sure about the Double and Triple Fab ratings. Have only played solo so far.

Concerning Beatlemania, I would have stated that it's just Overdrive from the previous Rock Band games, but since this is your first rhythm game, let me briefly explain. As you play, you'll occasionally see notes (or words, for singers) that are glowing white. If you hit all of them, it will partially fill up the bar at the bottom of your fretboard. When you hit at least two of these sequences (the meter will be at least half-full), you can tilt the guitar/shout into the mike/hit the final drum beat in a fill to activate Beatlemania. The fretboard will begin glowing gold, and all notes will be worth double the usual points. If you're playing with others, it'll start a band multiplier that the others can bump up even more by activating their Beatlemania at the same time, up to a maximum of 8x.

I think that's all the basics you need to know about Beatlemania.

The hardest vocal trophies to get will be the double/triple fab ones; You need 3 mics and 3 people with decent singing skill willing to go through (95%) of the setlist... and it can't be done online (wouldn't be so bad if it could =/)

Is this confirmed? I simply don't believe that Harmonix would expect one to have three mics hanging around... and if they do, then I'm definitely not getting this platinum because F getting three mics.

You need three mics for the triple fabs since triple fabs consist of 3 different lines which must be sung at the same time (you can't sing 3 lines with 1 arrow....). I don't get why ppl are having a hard time procuring 3 mics though :rolleyes: you can use other mics besides rb as long as they are usb (well singstar mics don't work but im sure bluetooth set does)

• 2 weeks later...
You need three mics for the triple fabs since triple fabs consist of 3 different lines which must be sung at the same time (you can't sing 3 lines with 1 arrow....). I don't get why ppl are having a hard time procuring 3 mics though :rolleyes: you can use other mics besides rb as long as they are usb (well singstar mics don't work but im sure bluetooth set does)

Singstar mics work fine.

I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere else (apologies if it is) but I'm having trouble consistently activating beatlemania on vocals.

The book say to shout something in the freestyle spots (which I'm doing) but some of the spots i need to activate it in are short and I miss them. Or sometimes it doesn't even register!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated because it's annoying the hell out of me. Cheers.

I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere else (apologies if it is) but I'm having trouble consistently activating beatlemania on vocals.

The book say to shout something in the freestyle spots (which I'm doing) but some of the spots i need to activate it in are short and I miss them. Or sometimes it doesn't even register!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated because it's annoying the hell out of me. Cheers.

Some of the 'activation points' are indeed very short, and I think the only way to deal with them is to remember where they are - when you're approaching it, hold your note so it 'eats into' the activation point, and you should be fine. I also find that coughing activates Beatlemania straight away.