microphones compatibility question

MMDE

Hey

I'm thinking of purchasing the version of this game that comes with 2 microphones. It's quite cheap, so I'm wondering about the compatibility the microphones have with other singing games, and how this game works with just those two microphones.

I don't have any guitars or drums, but will I still be able to enjoy every song in this game as if it was a typical singing game?

Most importantly is it that these microphones works with other singing games like Sing It, Singstar and Band Hero. Anyone who knows how well the microphones work with the other games I mentioned?

(Obviously, this is not for me lol, but rather my gf, perhaps her b-day present)

All USB mics are compatibility with all singing games for PS3, and yes you will be able to enjoy the game, but not close to plat if youre interested in that ;)

Yeah, I know I won't be close to the platinum, but it's for my gf, and yeah, even if it would be nice to be able to get the platinum, some trophies are better than none (I'm not the kind of guy who needs platinum at every game I've played haha).

I also just noticed they are the common SingStar mics with wire. I just asked my gf if she would be okay with wires or if she had to have wireless instead... haha She really wants wireless, but it will cost me over 3 times as much and without the game. hmmm

I see both mics works with ps2 games as well. For her the trophies doesn't matter, and I got several PS2s, even one that is chipped, but most of the old games can probably be picked up for very cheap now! ;) So that would be a good present for her.

I'm thinking we might settle for wireless, even though I know the wired can be extended both the mic's wire's length and the USB, but no wires is less hassle for her and her friends!

Anyone have experience with the mic with and without wires? Any great difference? Maybe does one of them "stop working" faster, or can't handle as much use/breaks more easily.

Edited by MMDE

The wired version of the SingStar mics have very long wires, so you don't have to worry about them not being long enough. If you decide to get wireless, then make sure you have rechargeable batteries, otherwise you'll be paying far more in the long run.

I've had my SingStar mics forever (wired), and they are still going strong. It's ultimately your choice, but only get wireless if you feel the wires have a big neagtive impact on your style lol :D

• 2 weeks later...