PST Event Ideas Discussion Thread

Noid

Events on PST rely on one thing to truly succeed: Your participation. We can plan and plan and test and play and record until we turn blue, but if you don't show up and enjoy the event, it's perfectly useless.

With this in mind, we'd like to give users a place to express their feedback on events in general, as well as to provide ideas in a single place. This is that place.

Post here your ideas for potential future events. This can be a whole new idea, a suggestion on how to improve an existing or past event (such as THL, Survivor, etc.), or even just to pitch part of an idea (e.g. "let's have a trophy race - first to 1000 trophies wins").

You can discuss ideas put forward by other members, but per usual please keep it civil. Constructive criticism is welcome, while simply saying an idea is bad is not. If you think an idea is bad, either leave it alone, or start a discussion on how it might evolve into a better one. Work with each other!

Edited by Noid

Ideas & Suggestions Overview

Note: This is a list curated manually. Staff are going through all of the posts and managing the thread on a per-person basis. If you've made a suggestion and don't see it here, it may be getting discussed. We keep separate lists elsewhere, and this one is primarily for tracking, as well as to keep you all aloof of what has been suggested already.

If you like something you see below, let us know in this thread; if something is asked for a lot it may have a chance to be run based on that popularity. :)

Suggested Events:

General Ideas:

Ideas That Have Been Turned into Events:

Edited by Slamma

Well can you move my post from the Guide Rush event into this thread as well as terminators reply. :p

That would screw with things, since you guys posted before Noid posted this. Plus, if the ideas are specifically to the event that is going on, it's best in there anyway.

Edited by PainOfDemise

That would screw with things, since you guys posted before Noid posted this. Plus, if the ideas are specifically to the event that is going on, it's best in there anyway.

I see, so my belly can't be rubbed today. :(

http://www.travelersworldwide.org/Images2000/photos-zimbabwe/lions/gweru/belly-rub.jpg

I recently pitched an idea to aeriou about maybe having a 'graphics 101' workshop-like event where over time, participants can learn how to make banners and sigs and stuff. Nothing major, just the basics like text, superimposition, layers, and blending etc.

Oh, and another Beat the Staff competition is always welcomed :whistle:

I've seen you mention next month a few times, what's happening next month that you can't just post them now?

I'm busy writing a few guides. Where I don't have time to make a proper thread about my ideas and suggestions. No one will think of them unless they can read my mind. ;)

Might as well mention it here that I've messaged Mendel and Alpha about making the Poll Tournaments semi-regular (twice a year or something) and incorporating that in to the ED work to make that possible. They seemed cool with the idea so that's good.

Also this:

:francis:

Drunken game nights. First to get killed does a shot and so on. It'll never happen because it's such a terrible idea for the site. But god damn it, it would be hilariously awesome.

I do this with friends sometimes. It's best done locally or over a Skype video chat. Locally is better of course.

Ok, reposting in correct thread now,

Ok, posted few ideas in other thread so won't repeat here, but got a new one.

There is a show called great food truck race, truck has like 3 ppl each, about 8 trucks. Each week lowest earner goes home, each week resets money earned, however there is a challenge each week to throw teams off, mix it up a bit. Last 3 teams compete.

So was thinking, same thing but trophies, 8 teams but more ppl per team, limit sign ups so it would be like 5 or 8 per team, or do like house and assign teams? I like picking teams better but in case tons of ppl want in.

So in the show the travel to different states each week, and challenges based on location. So could be a state thing but since people are here from all over, make it global. But each week a challenge based on things from that location. Only ED's know each week. So if we were doing states and started in Florida, could be any trophy with amusement park things, like roller coasters.. hunted houses.. oranges.. old ppl.. retiring. Challenges would go from Friday to sat, aka 48 hrs, and those trophies that counted would be like x5 or x10 value.

By Sunday night a team is eliminated. This way each week is fresh, New challenges, have to keep trying a new to not be last team that week.

Just an idea..

It would be great to see another iteration of the scavenger hunt ad-hoc that ran in the house championships, but maybe as individuals and over a month maybe? (Or however long it would be estimated to take) The list could be announced at the end of one month and then the competition starts the next day at the start of the month and then ends whenever everyone finishes it, or at the end of that month

It would be great to see another iteration of the scavenger hunt ad-hoc that ran in the house championships, but maybe as individuals and over a month maybe? (Or however long it would be estimated to take) The list could be announced at the end of one month and then the competition starts the next day at the start of the month and then ends whenever everyone finishes it, or at the end of that month

I like both of these suggestions, Beat the Staff is always fun (am i right Krid :D) and i loved the Rudolph and House Championship ad-hoc spelling events.

The individual House Championship contests, instead of the Championships themselves, would be good. The main event was too much so split apart could be cool.

I do this with friends sometimes. It's best done locally or over a Skype video chat. Locally is better of course.

So your going to buy me a plane ticket to Canada? :D

We'll just meet up in the middle somewhere.

*looks at standard map*

All come to the UK! We'll just meet up in the middle somewhere.

*looks at map of UK*

All come to Derby!

:francis:

Ok, reposting in correct thread now,

Ok, posted few ideas in other thread so won't repeat here, but got a new one.

There is a show called great food truck race, truck has like 3 ppl each, about 8 trucks. Each week lowest earner goes home, each week resets money earned, however there is a challenge each week to throw teams off, mix it up a bit. Last 3 teams compete.

So was thinking, same thing but trophies, 8 teams but more ppl per team, limit sign ups so it would be like 5 or 8 per team, or do like house and assign teams? I like picking teams better but in case tons of ppl want in.

So in the show the travel to different states each week, and challenges based on location. So could be a state thing but since people are here from all over, make it global. But each week a challenge based on things from that location. Only ED's know each week. So if we were doing states and started in Florida, could be any trophy with amusement park things, like roller coasters.. hunted houses.. oranges.. old ppl.. retiring. Challenges would go from Friday to sat, aka 48 hrs, and those trophies that counted would be like x5 or x10 value.

By Sunday night a team is eliminated. This way each week is fresh, New challenges, have to keep trying a new to not be last team that week.

Just an idea..

I like this idea. It would be like some global theme based amazing race/ challenge with different themes for different parts of the world. It could be split up according to continents and a different theme for each. Anyway I like your idea and I'm something could be made from it.

I like this idea. It would be like some global theme based amazing race/ challenge with different themes for different parts of the world. It could be split up according to continents and a different theme for each. Anyway I like your idea and I'm something could be made from it.

Exactly, Africa.. pyramids, diamonds, warlords, desert, Serengeti animals, etc, just thinking of things there that would lend themselves to trophies, not my personal idea of what Africa is per say.