Guardians of Middle Earth Boosting Night - May 30th, 2014

AlphaCookie

http://i.imgur.com/NnpSqx7.png

Sorry for the short notice everyone, it's been a rush to determine this, interest was waaay higher than we initially expected, and the deadline is coming up fast. So based off our quickie poll, and the interest shown, Guardians of Middle Earth is our best and easiest choice for a boosting night. Not everyone will get every trophy with our time frame, but everyone should at least get a substantial boost towards completion to at the least to help them in these last days of Gamespy servers.

Game: Lord of the Rings: Guardians of Middle Earth

Date: May 30th, 2014

Time: 8:30pm GMT - Count Down

Max Sign-Up Limit: 10 per game (plus alternates)

Required DLC: None

Required Peripherals: None

Estimated Time To Complete: Around 8 hours from 0%

Target Trophies: All except; Renowned, Notches in the Axe, There and Back Again unless time and groups permit due to time consumption

Additional Note: It can be difficult to get all 10 players into a lobby due to connection issues.

Now, for the details that you have to know.

• The sign-up limit for this game will be 10 players per game (plus alternates). All spots are on a first come, first serve basis. If you sign up, but can't make it, let us know immediately as space is limited and it will give someone else the chance to join. If you sign up and do not show up without letting a ED in charge know or posting it here, you may face a temporary or permanent ban from future boosting events.
  • Even if you have the trophies for this game, you are still welcome to sign up and help out, but the members without the trophies will have priority.
  • Please post your PSN ID as well as your user name when you sign up. It'll make identification much easier.
  • The same restrictions apply. To participate, you need to have joined the site on (or before) the 30th April AND have over 100 posts Note: If you do not meet these requirements, you can still sign up, but you will be placed on the alternates list and added to the main list if there are open slots available during the event). This is restricted to PS3T.org members ONLY.
  • Because this is a PS3T event, the same rules apply. You can earn yourself an infraction depending on your behavior.
  • You MUST have the game, all required peripherals and any DLC required for the trophy set that is to be attempted in the boosting session. This means you have the game in hand at the moment of sign up (no "It's on my rental list and should be here by then") and any required DLC installed already as well.
  • You MUST be free and able to play for at least the estimated playtime given in the game information section.* Quitting early before the event is done can result in a temporary or permanent ban from future boosting events. If we finish boosting early, members will be given the option to leave or continue playing, whether it be for other trophies not in the boosting list or for fun with the rest of the group for the remaining time (or longer if desired and possible).
  • Headsets are encouraged, but not required. We'd love that you use them, but again, no bashing other players.
  • Make sure to familiarize yourself with trophies that are to be obtained during this event by reading the Trophy Guide before the event. These are going to be the methods we use to boost 9 out of 10 times, so it will help things go faster this way.

Thanks everyone, and we'll see you all there.

Time Zone Converter - Time & Time Zone Conversion

The World Clock – Time Zones

*because 8 hours is a long time to ask everyone to stay, we do request you at least stay as long as physically possible.

Edited by AlphaCookie

Hey ya'll, an executive decision was made due to the lack of sign ups on this to reschedule the night for Friday the 30th. It's absolute latest date we can use and we'd really like as many people as possible to get signed up.

So everyone who has signed up, I'm going to refrain from adding you to the list until you confirm again just in case this new time isn't available for you.

Hey ya'll, an executive decision was made due to the lack of sign ups on this to reschedule the night for Friday the 30th. It's absolute latest date we can use and we'd really like as many people as possible to get signed up.

So everyone who has signed up, I'm going to refrain from adding you to the list until you confirm again just in case this new time isn't available for you.

Unfortunately I can't make a Friday due to the time difference (I'll be at work at the time everyone else is boosting). C'est la vie.

I was just going to post that I have the game, but I'm not bothered about the trophies, however if you need an extra person then I don't mind helping out. Since it would be a shame if you guys couldn't boost so close to the server shut down!

EDIT: Ah..can't do the 30th :(.

Edited by BinkUncia

A suggestion.........purhaps, in future, make poll voting public so we can see who voted for what game and stipulate a rule that voting for a game is also a sign up should the voted game be the poll winner.

Would avoid people voting then never siging up for the actual boosting night.

A suggestion.........purhaps, in future, make poll voting public so we can see who voted for what game and stipulate a rule that voting for a game is also a sign up should the voted game be the poll winner.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/arena/234857-gamespy-closure-boosting-night-community-poll.html

???????

Edited by Combatting

Yeah....you know how there is an option to show what users voted for what option in a poll, this poll doesn't show that :think:.....or is it just me

Yeah....you know how there is an option to show what users voted for what option in a poll, this poll doesn't show that :think:.....or is it just me

The "view poll results?"

I think it's because the thread's closed? :confused:.

Though it should show up automatically?

Edited by Combatting

It's intentionally set that way so people don't go around calling people out for not being able to attend. Showing interest is not cause for obligation to sign-up. Polls are used for gathering popular opinion and determining if an event should be considered or not, sign-up threads are for signing up.

Hopefully we can get at least 1 full group going for this, if not, you'll all know by the end of the day on Thursday.

Maybe people wanted to do it but they couldn't make it or they already got it done.

Sign me up for reserve.

Already got it done but I'll be happy to help.

Just have to find the game in my download history.

As a result of lack of sign-ups, we're going to have to cancel this event. Anyone who needs to do some last minute boosting before the closures this weekend, make sure to consult the game's boosting thread, and best of luck to all of you.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/guardians-middle-earth/184536-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post.html