Warhawk Gaming Night - April 21, 2012

olsen77

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6417/warhawkgnbanner.png

With the spiritual sequel right around the corner, we need to do a farewell game night for one of the biggest early PS3 games, Warhawk. Tanks, jeeps, and of course, the hawks will all be in play as we celebrate the awesome fun of this game. People get scared off by the trophies, but who cares. The game is so much fun to play, and incredibly cheap to purchase now. Come join us for our second, and possibly final Warhawk event.

First the details you want to know.

• April 21, 2012
  • 8:30 PM BST

Now, for the details that you have to know.

• The same restrictions apply. To participate, you need to have joined the site on (or before) March 21, 2012 AND have over 100 posts. This is restricted to PS3T.org members ONLY.
  • Because this is a PS3T event, the same rules apply. You can earn yourself an infraction depending on your behavior. All-in-good-fun trash talking is ok, but if someone is constantly bashing other players, there will be consequences. And yes, the mods will be involved in the game. This time though, we'll have to sign up like you guys because of how this is going to be organized. It'll be one mod per game.
  • Headsets are encouraged. We'd love that you use them, but again, no bashing other players.
  • No glitching. No lagging. Play straight or don't play at all.
  • If you sign up, but can't make it, let us know. We're giving you guys about two weeks notice here.
  • But if you're going to sign up and only play for about 15 minutes to get a cheap site award, then you will not be given credit. These events are for fun and to interact with the staff and other members off the forum. The site awards are just a bonus and a thank you for showing up. You must play for at least one hour to receive credit for the site award.
  • One of our lessons from Killzone, please post your PSN ID as well as your user name when you sign up. It'll make identification much easier.
  • We're not going to limit the number of people who can sign up on this one. Anyone that wants to play, and meets the requirements, can sign up. Although, we will be breaking people into games using a random number generator.
  • Be sure to download all patches before the start time of the event. You may not have played a game in several months and in that time, there may have been quite a few patches released. Depending on the size and number of the patches, it could take quite a while to download them. Be sure to check that you have the latest version prior to the event starting.
  • We have a three strikes policy for people who do not show up. If you signed up, you will need to post at least a few hours prior to the event starting to not receive a strike. The first strike, you will receive a warning that if you sign up, you are taking up a spot and need to attend. The second time, you will automatically be placed on the reserves list the next time you sign up and not be guaranteed a spot. After the third strike, you will not be able to sign up for future gaming events.

Cheers everyone, and we'll see you all there.

Time Zone Details

Sydney, Australia - 5:30 AM

Tokyo - 5:30 AM

Perth, Australia/Hong Kong - 4:30 AM

Bangkok - 3:30 AM

New Delhi, India - 2:00 AM

Moscow - 00:30 PM

Kuwait - 11:30 PM

Berlin, Germany - 9:30 PM

UK - 8:30 PM

New York - 3:30 PM

Chicago - 2:30 PM

Denver - 1:30 PM

Phoenix, AZ - 12:30 PM

San Diego - 12:30 PM

Honolulu - 10:30 AM

If you are unsure of your time zone, then please check one of these websites to make sure you know what time the event begins:

Time Zone Converter - Time & Time Zone Conversion

The World Clock – Time Zones

Edited by TheFlyingToaster

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. iNoland (q_wertyu1) - All DLC
  2. tuffmuff
  3. TheFlyingToaster
  4. OnceFallen
  5. Soz_666
  6. Juzam666
  7. DKsDragon (hopeandfear)
  8. Rawra (rawra09)
  9. Desmond (DessieB93)
  10. Woody (Woody706)
  11. lucas77 (lucasr77)
  12. olsen77
  13. ARabidPigeon (A_Rabid_Pigeon)
  14. mcnichoj
  15. Nille (Johansson19)
  16. A3069namebke
  17. Evermeet
  18. ScrubsIsAwesome (No DLC)
  19. YurtleTehTurtle (All DLC)
  20. funkyweed (All DLC)
  21. jmowen
  22. Wozamil
  23. hutch_2100
  24. joeyc138

Reserves:

1. Mendel

ATTENTION

Same as last time....

This game night is going to function slightly different than others. I WILL NOT be sending out friend requests. You will be required to find the server name via the server search function (don't worry, I'll explain how to do this.)

The server name will be: PS3TGameNight

The password will be: tuffnoodles

Instructions on how to find the server:

• From the Online Home Page screen go to “Join Game”
  • From the Join Game screen go to “Filters”
  • In the filters you want to search for a “Player” game (first option) – none of the rest matters.
  • Once you’ve made those changes go over to the “Server List” tab and search for the game name “PS3TGameNight”

I realize anyone on the forum can see this password. DO NOT join the game if you aren't on the list of 24 players. I can and will permanently ban you from the server and you could risk consequences from the site as well. If you are on the reserve list and a space becomes available I will notify you via PSN. Please make sure that the PSN name you'll be using is on that list of 24 so that as people join I don't accidentally kick you not knowing who you are.

If you have ANY questions please post them here or send me a PM on the site. I promise you if you send questions through PSN I won't respond.

Additionally, veterans of the game know how steep the learning curve is. With that being said I am asking that all of us who are well versed in the game not gang up on the members participating who are new to it. I'm not saying to not have a good time; but let people breathe, be helpful and have fun. If anyone is being an overt bully, glitching or anything else that ruins everyone's experience I will kick you from the server.

This is about how the server list will go. I can choose up to 10 maps/modes. This list is compiled based off suggestions and a few requests that were made. If anyone has any additional requests feel free to make them but don't be disappointed if I don't use them:

1. DM – Island Outpost - Main Base - 15 min

2. CTF – Archipelago - Close Corridors - 15 min

3. TDM – The Badlands - Dogfight – 15 min

4. Hero - Eucadia - Urban Strike – 15 min

5. CTF – Eucadia Northern Bridge – 15 min

6. Zones – Eucadia - Battle for Eucadia – 15 min

7. Collection – Destroyed Capital - King of the Hill - 15 min

8. DM - Destroyed Capital Garden Showdown – 15 min

9. Hero - Destroyed Captial - Dogfight - 15 min

10. DM - Badlands - Desert Warfare - 20 min (this last match in the rotation will be for goofing off, jeep races and jeep launching)

Again if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Edited by Tuffinz

For the people that will complain about the trophy list and having an incomplete list on their profile (yes, I'm preempting your posts), here are a couple of things.

1. You can play on an alternate account.
  2. The game costs about $5 used and the DLC is free if you have PS+ in the US.
  3. You can easily get 70% of the trophies with two controllers in a couple of hours, thus not totally ruining your completion percentage.

I would sign up, but I don't have 100 posts... :c

I have the Warhawk Platinum, and I won the original GGL Tournament in 2008 alongside my team.

Although I haven't really played in some 3 years, I still remember how to play, and how every aspect of the game works.

Looking to have some fun with Warhawk!

PSN: A3069namebke

BTW, I'm a MEGA-noob, so show some mercy during the gaming night! Lol

Edit: So mics are encouraged huh? Would someone kindly give me advice during the game night? :p

Advice:

Single troop tow tuffmuff for entertainment sake... That's all.