Possible Resolution to Spider-Tracer Glitch (Plus a photo note)

JohnEnrage

I am not sure many people read this forum, but in case someone stumbles on this and is trying to figure out the Tracer issue:

The Spider-Tracer unlocks after the signal jam mission that follows the St. Gabriel Bank Robbery with Felicia (I believe this is at the end of Chapter 8). My advise is to hoard as much tech points as you can to buy it the second it's available. The first time I played, I saw it unlock, but I didn't have enough points. When I came back, it was locked again. On my second playthrough, it worked perfectly. I recommend using all your character upgrades as you get them, especially Web Punch as that didn't unlock for some people.

The other issue are the photos. The Seeker is not missable. If you wipe out all the seekers, go to the OsCorp Secret Lab #2. Below the platform, you can take a picture of a destroyed seeker.

Hope that helps someone.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Gonna start the game tomorrow, how many tech points do I need to have saved for the Spider-Tracer? Should I farm them before starting chapter 8?

Just purchased the Spider Tracer and it cost only 150 tech points. What we have to do is always leave an extra 150 when we upgrade. It became available for me after the 2nd battle with Scorpion at the docks. I just did a few free-roam side missions beating bad guys and the third signal jam came up. A call from Gwen followed then the upgrade. I had kept at least 250 TPs and that was just enough to purchase it right away.