Maxing out Suits

i did deadlocks. It wasn't THAT boring because there are like 8 different deadlock stages. If you get a stealth takedown to start the deadlock and then just seismic blast/signature move and mix in another stealth attack or 2 you can get like 4000xp per deadlock.

It still takes about a half hour to finish 1 suit. It's definitely not an enjoyable trophy. I think there is 14 suits making it about a 7 hour grind (though, you should've been able to level up 4 suits just by natural progression, making it now a 5 hour grind).

There are a few methods. Each are pretty boring unfortunately.

The first method is listed above.

The second method is to play a check point in Maximum Carnage. It's the one where you have to protect the doctor in the middle of the courtyard. Taking care of the guys on the surrounding rooftops before this fight nets you some extra experience as well.

The third method was my personal preference. And that was doing the deadlocks around the city. If there wasn't one I did a petty crime or two and a couple more deadlocks would reappear.

The first two methods are probably the best as far as xp per minute goes, but in my experience they were just too short and seemed more tedious than the longer, but not as efficient method.

- You need the Impact Upgrade in the Seismic Blast Row

- Choose a Suit and replay Mission 14 called "Maximum Carnage".

- Play to the Point in the Video (Protect Donald Menken)

- Now use Seismic Blast and then Signature Moves at the Enemies on the Ground

- Skip the Scene and finish the Conversation.

- For each run, you get an average of about 2500 - 2800 XP

- Choose Restart and repeat until your suit is MAX. You need approximately 15 runs from Level 1.

- Protect Donald Menken counts also for the Hero of the People Achievement (Save 50 civilians)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV2y-NIXF9s]The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Unlimited XP - Fastest Way for Maximum Level Suits - YouTube[/ame]

- Choose Restart and repeat until your suit is MAX. You need approximately 15 runs from Level 1.

- Protect Donald Menken counts also for the Hero of the People Achievement (Save 50 civilians)

]

honestly guys, i think deadlocks are the fastest way/least amount of boredom. It only takes about 8-10 deadlocks to fully level up a suit. I dont know if it matters, but it seemed like i got the most XP when i started with a stealth takedown or 2, then keeping my combo up while knocking out the next group of bad guys.

I'm pretty sure i averaged 4000+ xp per deadlock (its hard to keep track because it would randomly award you xp while taking out bad guys). At the end of each Deadlock you get like 1800xp just for completing the event, and you should be able to gain 2000xp just from combat within the deadlock.

Just use 1 or 2 stealth take downs to start, then use seismic blast and signature takedown on everything. If an enemy is too far away (on another building across from you) Web rush them (look at them and tap R1) and seismic blast that group and signature take down. If you manage a 30+ combo after 2 stealth takedowns it seems like you get 2000xp right away (plus the 2 stealth takedowns for an additional 360xp).

One thing to note: If you're about to finish a deadlock all in one combo and haven't been rewarded any xp (bottom left corner) purposefully stop combat and run outside of the zone. When you do this, you should be rewarded all the xp that you gained. Then just jump back in the zone and try to stealth takedown the last 1 or 2 guys. There were a few times i would finish deadlocks in one full combo and not be rewarded any combat xp (i guess the game just couldn't "keep up" with the actions in game).

I'm not saying deadlocks aren't boring, because they definitely start to be. But they're no where near as boring as doing the same event 100+ times for suit upgrades. Besides, i honestly think Deadlocks are just as fast, if not faster (i was averaging 24-30 minutes per suit, which includes travel time between events).

If no deadlocks are spawned, just do one of the petty crimes. For those, just run up and seismic blast the group and signature takedown all of them. You get like 500xp for completing the event, plus 187 xp per bad guy defeated. I dont know if combo counters awards more xp (like Arkham games), but if so, you'll have no problem getting a 20x combo on these events. Some Petty Crimes have 3-5 people, so you're able to pick up like 1400xp on average.

Edited by ifistbrowni

everybody will choose the method s/he prefers ;)

i did deadlocks, and to go to them, do them, etc, it's about what, 5 minutes to gain Xp.

i try this method, just as the vidéo shows, and its really faster in my opinion (no need to wait to start, loading times are so short), and all ennemies are going to the circle/center. in 10 minutes, i was level 6 (for a new suit).

after, i you want fights with guns during leveling, deadlocks are great ;)

everybody will do its tries (good thing to have lots of method), and choose ;)

idk, if its 10 tries to get to max level using this method, then judging by the video, it takes about 3 minutes to do once. 3x10 = 30 minutes.

That doesn't include the load times in between, or the events you have to do within the level to get to that part of the level. It's not like, "pick this level, start here." To get to that part within the level (if i remember correctly), you have to first travel there, then sit through the big loading screen, then take out the 3-4 brutes to save the hostages (mission objective) then the level updates to where you can go and defend. I haven't tried this method (since i've had the platinum since Day 3), but i estimate just to get to this part in the level takes 15 minutes.

Like you said, everyone will try their own way. I just think, judging by the estimates i've made, that deadlocks are just as fast, if not faster, and IMO a lot less boring than replaying the same levels.

There is no doubt that this trophy gets boring. Even if* it takes 20 minutes a suit, thats 200 minutes (assuming you maxed out 4 suits by beating the game/comic books). Thats about 3.5 hours of replaying missions (though, i'm hard pressed to believe there is a method that only takes 20 minutes a suit).

Realistically, this trophy will be about a 6 hour grind.

Edited by ifistbrowni

i've just max a new fresh suit : to the start of the level, you play and save menken. then, there is the checkpoint. only to do that, you are level 3.

loading checkpoints, to have a "max suit" take about 15 minutes (i don't have a clock (to see the exact time) on me, should i ?

two things :

- why don't you let people choose the method they prefer ?

- why don't you give a try, just to see by yourself (and not on an incomplete video) ?

NB : boosting isn't fun. deadlocks : there is much fun in them, than blasting (over and over and over and over). but its the fastest way. really is. just try ;)

- why don't you let people choose the method they prefer ?

How does me making a forum post have ANY control over what YOU physically do?

I'm just voicing my opinion, like you. I broke it down with math and it doesn't seem to be much different than Deadlocks. Without my voice, users would only have this one method. My voice gives them another method to "prefer."

If you don't like it, then i'm sorry.

People will choose their preference. I'm just giving them another option. I know FOR SURE it takes about 30 minutes to do Deadlocks. If this method is faster, thats great. Anything to make this feel like less of a "grind," is a good thing for everyone. I'm glad there are more options. If I had both options, i would've probably "switched it up." The last 4 suits were beginning to be such a grind, it would've been nice to have an effective 2nd method (i didn't find the russian hideout mission to be too effective).

If it truly takes 15 minutes to max out a suit, that effectively cuts the trophy time in half.

Edited by ifistbrowni

How does me making a forum post have ANY control over what YOU physically do?

I'm just voicing my opinion, like you. I broke it down with math and it doesn't seem to be much different than Deadlocks. Without my voice, users would only have this one method. My voice gives them another method to "prefer."

If you don't like it, then i'm sorry.

People will choose their preference. I'm just giving them another option. I know FOR SURE it takes about 30 minutes to do Deadlocks. If this method is faster, thats great. Anything to make this feel like less of a "grind," is a good thing for everyone. I'm glad there are more options. If I had both options, i would've probably "switched it up." The last 4 suits were beginning to be such a grind, it would've been nice to have an effective 2nd method (i didn't find the russian hideout mission to be too effective).

If it truly takes 15 minutes to max out a suit, that effectively cuts the trophy time in half.

are you trolling ? :eek:*

deadlocks were mentionned. lots of time. by you and others. no problem.

there is the Powerpyx method : it was mentionned, explained by Powerpyx himself.

a new method, with a video demonstration appears, and it's fastest : tested (by me, and others i guess)

and a 15 minutes tops to reach max suit.

you know what ? the guide will sure mention all kinds of method for boosting.

and maybe the video of the menken checkpoint will be an illustration. maybe.

and maybe you will support this method when you'll test it ! :whistle: *

*no offense in all that, we stay cool : it's just about a game ;)

I started using the Carnage level to max the rest of my suits. It got really boring fast so I gave up. I can't imagine doing this with 8 suits. Guess I won't be getting this plat but at least now I can trade in this crappy game for something better like MLB The Show 14.

Play deadlocks, easy and fun XP.

For some odd reason it gives me 1800 the MOST and I'm playing on hero.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I completely forgot to change suits too when I originally played it, could have saved so much time.

A friend is playing through it atm, told him to change suits every time he gets one just to save time.

I get sick of replaying Maximum Carnage, I'm just gonna keep doing deadlocks over and over, it's terribly boring though.

I'm using the checkpoint in the Maximum Carnage! level like most people. I agree that each area gives 2400-2700xp BUT, for some reason, when I tried doing this area with the black/gold suit, I would only get 1500xp per run.

I'm not even sure how the xp is calculated. I think it's honestly just luck. Anyway, I think this is by far the best method. I've spent 3 hours today doing it and have gotten 6 suits fully maxed out. About 30 minutes is all it takes which I think is quicker than doing Deadlock missions because you spend time looking for the new ones on the map.

I'm using the checkpoint in the Maximum Carnage! level like most people. I agree that each area gives 2400-2700xp BUT, for some reason, when I tried doing this area with the black/gold suit, I would only get 1500xp per run.

I'm not even sure how the xp is calculated. I think it's honestly just luck. Anyway, I think this is by far the best method. I've spent 3 hours today doing it and have gotten 6 suits fully maxed out. About 30 minutes is all it takes which I think is quicker than doing Deadlock missions because you spend time looking for the new ones on the map.

I've followed the video method yet only get maximum 800xp per section, what method are you using? Seismic blast?

Wait I got it now, so if I have 6 suits left you think I'll be done in around 3 hours? This platinum grind is doing my head in, boring as hell haha.