Flying Challenges

Sneferu

• 2 weeks later...
How do they expect you to watch the boost gauge at the top left of the screen while flying through the targets?

Yeah, in some way, this is the real challenge, especially when you´re playing the "Capture the flag"-challenges :whistle:

In the "foto-shooting" challenges I only made use of the boost, when I was flying straight away. Watching the gauge and flying a turn at the same time was impossible for me. Most of the time this was enough for getting the "platinum-time".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Like others have said for the photo challenges, just keeping spamming X for boost. I was getting a few seconds under the platinum time for the Easy challenge, did the above, and I was JUST 1 second in with the platinum time.

The other types are being a royal pain in the arse though. I put my bloody all into them, and only get silvers or a rare gold.

the controller will vibrate right when boost is about to be out. once it vibrates press X. i'm having trouble with the Flags and shooting down enemies. i tryed the sidecar where you catch the enemy on time but can't get close quick enough.

I need to get two more photo challenges and three more shoot down enemies to get the platinum for this game. These are by far the most challenging.

Sword fighting was a piece of cake. The sidecar shooting challenge was extremely easy when using a Move controller.

My advice for Whovee for keeping up with the truck is to powerslide and keep very close to the inside corners to make up the distance. Also hold the left stick in the up direction and swivel left or right to turn, this way you will engage a speed boost when you go over a hill/ramp.

Thanks for the advice for the controller vibration, I will re-enable the force feedback on my controller to see if that helps me with the photo challenges.

EDIT: The controller vibration was a very useful in letting me get the photo challenges. I actually achieved the Advanced and Expert on the exact time that was needed! If I was off by a fraction of a second I would have not attained it.

I also found that you can be boosting into the loop-de-loops but DO NOT boost when you reach the apex, instead boost when you are midway down exiting the loop and with practice you can boost all the way through the photo taking spot.

With regards to the Easy shooting challenge, it is true that you do not want to spin around looking around for enemies as this will mess up the scripting. I found that if you just alternate from left to right (most of the time you need to scan top- or bottom-left and then do the alternate direction on the other side (bottom- or top-right)

If you see only one plane turning away from the direction you are going, follow it and usually that is where the next scripted planes spawn once you shoot it down.

If you see a plane shooting directly at you turn 45 to 90 degrees left without boosting.

Remember not to boost or turn-boost during the challenge, the only exception to this is at the end where there is only 5 seconds left; turn-boost successively until you see an enemy and shoot it down.

Edited by CackNBallz
Not to double post as I have platinumed the game!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the most trouble with collecting the flags, some of them you also have to shoot down and score points on planes and baloons. Some flag challenges I only had one second left.

The rings were hard to do of course and shooting down the planes were quite easy IMO compared to the two other challenges.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm done with all the flying through circles.

I also just did that shooting on easy, got 11100 points!! :eek:

(That's 3 airplanes more than you need to shoot down).

Just to clarify a little, I don't think they spawn randomly. I had a long streak of airplanes I knew exactly where would spawn.

EDIT:

While I had to try like 15 times to get the shooting on easy done, it only took me 2 or 3 attempts on each of the other difficulties. I'm now only down to capture the flag, and I guess I just have to grab the flag and bring it back as fast as possible, but on later difficulties I have to shoot at stuff while doing this.

2nd EDIT:

The two first capture the flag went on second attempt, the latter two went on first!!! :D:D:D

I've spent more time on the challenges than the first playthrough where I found all collectibles, though that I used only 4 hours on.

Edited by MMDE