Tetris - Trophy Guide and Road Map

tsugarusatsujin

lFuWmNY.png

The servers have now closed, therefore the Platinum is unobtainable if you didn't get the online trophies before that happened.

Overview

-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 6

-Offline: 9 (1(G), 4(S), 4(B))

-Online: 3(B) - Unobtainable

*Note: You will need multiple controllers if you want to do some of the multiplayer trophies offline

-Missable Trophies: None

-Minimum Number of Playthroughs:

-Approximate Amount of Time to 100%: 5-10 hours

Introduction

Tetris is the latest remake of........Tetris! This is a game that I am sure everyone on this website has played at one point in time. This new version includes the classic style Tetris along with a lot of new variations and an online mode to play against your friends.

Walkthrough

Step One: Unlock and complete the 12 variants on level 15

While going through this step you will be going for the hardest trophy in the game which is Master. During this step you only need to aim for clearing each of the 12 different variants on level 15. You do not have to start from level one which makes this go a lot faster. Just set the variant to level 15 clear the set amount of lines and the trophy is yours. If you need to set some of the variants to level 1 so that you can unlock others however only do this if you have reached a point where you can't unlock any or go any further.

Step Two: Complete the online trophies (unobtainable) and offline multiplayer

You will need 4 players to complete all of the online trophies because Team Battle requires 2 teams of 2 players. Once you have your partners you can easily finish each of the 4 different multiplayer games online and while doing this go for the other online trophies. I have outlined how to complete each in the guide below.

Step Three: Insane and Clear as Water trophies.

Here you will want to go for these two trophies which require a mix of skill and luck. However skill does play a huge part in Tetris so just because your specific lines don't drop doesn't mean it's impossible! Details of each again are in the guide below.

Step Four: Complete all feats

I save this for last because you will complete feats the whole time you are playing Tetris. Saving this for last lets you clear as many as possible naturally without aiming to go for them. The feats are broken down with details of each in the guide below.

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices.

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/819/07.jpgLockpick(B)

Unlock all Variants

While going for the Master trophy you will unlock the different variants.

Origin, Treadmill, and Gravity are all available from the start. As you clear these three others will unlock and become available.

To unlock the other modes you must do the following.

Flood - Complete a variation in under 4 minutes to unlock flood.

Ledges - Clear 400 Lines to unlock ledges

Laser - Complete the origin variant to unlock laser

Magnetic - In the gravity variant clear 6 lines or more in one turn by using gravity to unlock magnetic.

For this you will need to set up for 6 lines to be cleared in a straight line. Then you need to cover this hole with another block and put 6 blocks on top of it. You will then clear the line that is blocking the pieces above so that they will drop into place and you can unlock this mode. Very simple just do it on level 1 of gravity.

Scanner - Complete 3 different variants to unlock scanner

Split - Make 4 Tetris line clears in a single game to unlock split.

Chill - In scanner, clear 8 lines or more in one scan to unlock chill.

You can do this on level 1. Hold a straight block and build up your matrix so that you have 8 lines ready to clear. When you get your next straight block drop that piece in, then swap out for your held block and drop that into place and this will give you 8. Just make sure that the scanner is not going to scan in between placing the two blocks.

Flashlight - Complete any variant at level 10 to Unlock Flashlight.

Radical - Complete all other variants to unlock radical.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/819/01.jpgMaster(G)

Finish all variants on level 15 and Radical

I will give tips on how to clear each of the specific modes and things I did to make it easier. Remember the only way you can really clear any of these is by using infinite spin, looking to see what piece is coming next, holding pieces that will be useful later or might interrupt what you're doing at that time. I can't stress enough how important the infinite spin move is to help you clear all of these. With all of them score doesn't matter at all, so you should be clearing lines as often as you can.

Origin - Clear 40 lines with the default Tetris game rules.

This is plain old Tetris so it shouldn't pose as much difficulty as some of the others. You should clear single or double lines every chance you get. You do not want to be going for a Tetris and then not have a straight piece come into play and ruin what you have been working for. If you are having trouble with this one then you might not be able to complete some of the other variants.

Treadmill - Clear 40 lines in a matrix that shifts sideways.

In this variation when you drop a piece into play the board will shift to the right as you drop a piece. For example if you dropped a straight piece all the way on the right it would shift and end up on the left side of the board. Imagine it as a rotating circle. When you first start out it can seem a little confusing and overwhelming because it seems kind of chaotic. If you need to play on a lower difficulty so you get the feel of the board shifting. Once you get used to it you will see that it doesn't pose much difficulty and it shouldn't be too difficult to clear. Again going for any lines you can clear is very important.

Gravity - Clear 40 lines with the added gravity effect.

I actually think this one is the easiest because the gravity works in your favor. In normal Tetris blocks stay where they are even if blocks below them get cleared out. In gravity they will fall into a stopping place. This shouldn't be relied on too much because you should be clearing out single lines as often as you can. However if you start to get stuck and lines are building up just go for a line clear any where you can and blocks might fall in your favor and clear out other lines without you intending for them to. For experienced players this can be used very efficiently.

Flood - Clear 40 lines while the matrix fills up from the bottom

In this variation your problem is the "flood" that comes up from the bottom. The water is just a graphic effect that covers the extra lines that come with it. At the bottom of your screen you will see a counter. As you place a block the counter will fill up gradually. Once it is full it will reset but fill the screen with "flooded" blocks. You can however clear these by completing the line and lowering the flood. Gravity is also an effect in this mode so that works in your favor. The key here is to clear the flooded blocks and not just go for normal line clears. If you do not clear the lines that appear they will just keep piling up and ruin your game. Keep a minimum amount of blocks on top of the flooded blocks that appear and just clear the flood as it comes.

Ledges- Clear 40 lines by placing tetriminos on the ledges.

This variation will start out with a random amount of blocks suspended in the air creating "ledges". It will then be your job to use these to create line clears. The great thing about this mode is that time is not a factor and you do not have to rush. Any block that doesn't get caught on a ledge simply falls through to the bottom of the screen and disappears. With that being said if you wanted to wait for only straight blocks and go for line clears you very well could. It is actually important to wait for the perfect blocks because you are working with half a screen here. Gravity is also here in this mode so as you clear lines blocks will most likely fall through and disappear giving you a chance to relax and try for your next lines.

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

Laser - Clear 40 lines while staying under the laser

In this variation there will be a red laser at the top of your screen. It will slowly move towards the bottom and if one of your pieces crosses paths with it then its game over. However you can push the laser back up by dropping your blocks with the :up: button. You must do this on every piece once you have it into place to keep the laser at a safe level. Clear out the lines like you would in any other mode just making sure that you are keeping the laser at a safe distance.

Magnetic - Clear 40 lines while blocks are attracted to each side of the matrix.

Red = LEFT

Blue = Right

This mode can be a bit tricky because it's easy to forget that the block might not stay where you are trying to put it. In this mode the red blocks are attracted to the left side and the blue to the right. So if I dropped a blue piece on a clear board on the left it would slide all the way to the right in that position. In this mode you need to work from the outside in. If you try to drop blocks in the middle they will just get pulled to their appropriate side. Also upon clearing lines the blocks will fall from gravity and get pulled to their appropriate side. This sometimes will work in your favor clearing other lines or make it difficult for you to clear the line. Work from the outside in clearing lines every chance you get to clear this mode.

Scanner - Complete as many lines as you can and have the scanner clear 40 of them.

In this mode completed lines will not disappear until the "scanner" has cleared them for you. Like the flood variant there will be a bar on the bottom of the screen that will fill up as you drop pieces. Once it has filled up the scanner will clear any completed lines that you have filled. The completed lines will remain grey until the scanner goes off in which they will disappear. Fill in lines as often as you can and don't worry so much as to when the scanner is going to go off. If you are clearing lines as you should then when it does go off you will have a relatively clear screen and you can rinse and repeat until the 40 lines are cleared.

Split - Clear 40 lines on both sides of a split matrix

For me this one was a tad bit annoying. The matrix is split directly down the middle. A block will appear on the either side and go back and forth. The block that appears on the right cannot go past the line in the middle and be used on the left and vice versa. However you can hold a block and use it on either side that you like, this is key. It can become a little difficult because you feel restricted and you can't build the screen the way you normally would. Just fill in as much as you can on either side and use the held block on whichever side will be the most beneficial. Like treadmill you may want to try this on a lower difficulty first so that you can get the feel of working on this type of screen.

Chill - Clear 40 lines quickly to prevent the matrix from freezing.

This variation your blocks become frozen over time. Like the other variations there is the counter bar at the bottom. Once that becomes full a "chill" comes and freezes your blocks. Your blocks start off dark blue then become light blue when they are frozen the first time then white on the final freeze. Dark and light blue blocks can be cleared normally. When the blocks become frozen white then clearing those blocks will only nock the frost off them and then you will have to clear that line again before they will disappear. This can become pretty hectic really quick if you don't clear lines as often as you can. If you start getting filled up with white blocks then you might be better off just restarting.

Flashlight - Clear 40 lines in a pitch-black matrix.

In this variant the screen is black and your piece is the "flashlight". As you move it left and right you will be able to see below you on that part of the screen. This mode is similar to laser in that you will want to push :up: to drop the block into place. The reason that this is important is that this will light up the whole screen for a short amount of time. This mode is really going to test your memory because you kind of have to have a mental image of what the board is and how you are going to place your next piece. Holding blocks and looking towards your next one will help greatly in this mode.

Radical - Clear 40 lines in the hardest and fastest version of the Tetris game yet!

This is just like origin however its faster in that the blocks appear at the bottom of the screen opposed to falling really fast. The only way you can succeed in this is to look at what block is next and already be pushing in the direction you want it to go to get it there. This is difficult however it is doable. If you have saved this for last and cleared all of the other variants it shouldn't be too difficult. Gravity is not a factor so that means you need to build a clean matrix to ensure that you can clear lines easily. Upon finishing this one you will get the Master trophy!

Online MP:

11.jpg Conqueror(B)

Finish all 4 Multiplayer modes online

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

You just need to finish each of the four modes online win or lose it doesn't matter. After finishing the last one this trophy will pop.

Timed Battle - Try to knock out your friends within 2 minutes.

Battle - Knock out your friends to be the last man standing. Try power ups for a new twist

Shared - Clear lines with your friend using a shared matrix. This is where you will be going for the Teamwork trophy.

Team Battle - Pick your team partner and play against another 2 person team. This will require four different players including yourself. You will also be going for Synched in this mode.

06.jpg Teamwork(B)

Clear at least 2 lines with a piece swapped to you in Shared (additive)

In Shared mode you will have separate screens with a shared space in the middle where pieces can be put in by either player. All you need to do is set up so that 2 lines are ready to clear and swap your teammate a piece that will fit into these. The lines will clear and the trophy will pop. You will then need to return the favor if the person you are playing with doesn't have the trophy yet.

09.jpg Next!(B)

Surpass a Friend on Next Best Score

I didn't know that there was any kind of problem with this until I came here to start writing this guide. I got this game while my friend and I were playing battle mode just to finish out the Giver trophy. What you need to do is pass someone on your friends list with a higher score. If you have no friends you can make a second account get a low score, get on your trophy account and pass that score. The forum here discusses all of the problems that people seem to have run into. I was lucky enough not to run into any of this.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tetris/86462-next-ea-aware.html

Offline MP:

10.jpg Synched(B)

Get a Tetris within 3 seconds of a friend getting a Tetris in Team Battle

Team battle is the game that requires 4 players. What needs to happen is the team you are playing against needs to just let the pieces fall slowly to the bottom so that you and your teammate have time. You need to set up a Tetris in both of your matrix and make sure that you are both holding a straight block. One player needs to get a Tetris and the other follow right behind him. Again you will need to switch roles so that the first player now goes second and can get the trophy.

08.jpg Giver(B)

Pass 100 lines to opponents on any multiplayer mode (additive)

Clearing a single line will pass over zero lines.

Clearing two lines will pass over one line

Clearing three lines will pass over two lines

Getting a Tetris will pass over four lines.

While you are going for all of your other online trophies this one will add up and you will most likely get it without trying for it. If you have completed all of the other online trophies and still don't have this then just keep playing games normally until the trophy pops. It shouldn't take much time to get this trophy

12.jpg Trigger Happy(B)

Send 12 or more lines to one opponent in under 5 secs in Battle, Timed Battle or Team Battle

This trophy gave me trouble at first but then I figured out a way to make this a lot easier. You will need your partner to go as slow as possible and spread blocks out and even clear single lines if they want while you prepare for this. You will of course need to have 12 lines lined up ready to be cleared with a straight block on hold. Now you can wait for that magic moment when you have a straight block on hold and two of them come one right after another or do what I did and told my friend to do and it worked great. You have one on hold and then one will come into your queue. You need to drop the one from queue into place, swap out drop the other into place, then SPAM up to drop blocks into place and hopefully a straight block comes into queue and drop that into place. It might take a few tries but after we started using this strategy it didn't take long. You can throw down a good amount of blocks in 5 seconds while going for your last straight block. Once you have done it 12 lines will appear on your friends screen and the trophy will pop.

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices and fixed some broken links.

05.jpg Clear as Water(S)

Perform a Bravo (clear your matrix)

A Bravo is obtained when your matrix has been removed of all blocks. There are countless ways to obtain this and I will tell you the way that I did it and Prefer. Many will say that scanner or maybe gravity are the best way to go for this. I disagree because you have a time limit so to speak. Once you clear your set amount of lines you have to start over. I did marathon a few times and just played through clearing lines every chance I got and trying to keep my matrix organized so that when the chance came I could clear out the board. I didn't go for Tetris because that seemed to fill up the board to much and that is the opposite of what you are supposed to be doing. It takes a little luck getting the right piece but with marathon you don't feel rushed to clear your board and you can take your time.

If you want the 'Clear as Water' one play in Magnetic mode. It came up in the in-game hints and got it on my first try as it pulled everything apart and I had saved a 1x4 to fit in perfectly.

Thanks DPsx7

04.jpg Insane(S)

In Origin clear lines 20, 10 and 1 in that order

I did this a completely different way than the video below but the video speaks for itself so I say just follow this and you will get the trophy.

Thanks LeeorV

03.jpg Achiever(S)

Complete all Career Feats

The feats can all be checked under Highlights from the Main Menu

Tetriminator - Perform 100 Tetris Line Clears

You can work on this in origin on level one to make it easy.

Millennium - Clear 1000 Lines

Will come with playing the game, farm it on a low level if you need to.

Waterfall - Perform 50 Cascade Line Clears

This is when blocks fall down from gravity and clear a line. If you must farm this do this on the gravity variant on a low level and it shouldn't take much time at all.

Spin Master - Perform 20 T-Spins

Thanks LeeorV

Tenacious - Accumulate 90 minutes of play time

This will come naturally as you play through the game.

Veteran - Reach 100% completion

Play and complete all modes of the game on level 15. Play all of the multiplayer modes and complete the challenges. If you have followed the roadmap and saved this for last then you will be close to finishing it.

02.jpg Advanced(S)

Complete all Advanced Feats

The feats can all be checked under Highlights from the Main Menu

Way Over - Complete 44 or more lines in a variant

To clear a variant you need to clear 40 lines. To complete this feat you need to finish with 44 or more lines cleared. This can easily be done on scanner level one. Clear down to 1 line left before you finish. Then set up your matrix so that when the scanner goes to clear the lines you will clear 5 or more lines to finish it out.

Master - Complete the radical variant

This should already be complete if you are following the Roadmap, pretty simple.

Dodecadent - Clear 12 lines or more in one turn

This takes luck and I think is best done in scanner. You will need to set up to where you have a straight block on hold and enough in queue to put into place before the scanner goes off. It took a little time for me to get this and it was my last feat I needed to get. You just need to get the right blocks at the right time and have your board set up accordingly.

On a roll - Complete a variant with only novelty moves (Tetris line clears or any type of T-Spins line clears) and cascade line clears.

Easily done on origin. Just clear the board using only Tetris on level one. If you have trouble doing this then you will have lots of trouble using T-Spins and cascade clears. Take your time organize your board and clear out a Tetris whenever you get a straight block.

Frenzy - Complete a game with an average TPM of 40 or more

This is one that you might have by the time you get to this stage but if not go back into origin and clear as many lines as you can as fast as you can and it will pop. I would be highly surprised if this isn't one of the first few feats you accomplish.

Edited by Terminator
Removed some duplicate videos and fixed some broken links.

Teamwork, Synched, Giver, and Trigger Happy can all be done offline with multiple controllers. You don't need to be online for them.

Hmm I was thinking the same thing so I went onto another account and tried going for the Teamwork trophy with two controllers and it was not popping so I thought maybe they had to be done online. I did all my online. I will keep trying so that I can fix it if thats true. Thanks for the help!

Here's a better solution for the first post. If you want the 'Clear as Water' one play in Magnetic mode. It came up in the in-game hints and got it on my first try as it pulled everything apart and I had saved a 1x4 to fit in perfectly.

Sorry, I was out of town. I got those trophies by using multiple controllers offline. It was when the game first came out though, so I'll try it again on a different account tomorrow and see if I can replicate it.

Edit: I also was having issues getting Teamwork to work offline again. However, I did successfully get Giver, Synched, and Trigger Happy offline with multiple controllers.

Edit2: I got Teamwork offline now. You need to hit :triangle: on both controllers to swap pieces.

Edited by Kyden139

Thanks, your guide was helpful for knowing exactly how to get that 100%. Actually getting that 100% is just practice and skills. Tetris is still the most addictive puzzle game around, and I'm very proud to have my 100%. Thanks

And for anyone having trouble with the multiplayer trophies, I was able to get them all (except Tetrinet) playing locally by myself with multiple controllers.

Edited by scottq

• 1 year later...

I'm currently stuck on 95% game completion and when i check the highlights, it shows that the 5% is missing from the "veteran" Career feats. I believe i finished everything as i got all other trophies.

I was missing the insane trophy which i luckily got today, however game completion is still stuck @ 95%. All challenges show my score and best time, did all variants level 15 and got the trophy for that, got all multiplayer trophies. Completed : Terminator, millennium, waterfall, spin master and tenacious. what am i missing in veteran ? =\ this is the last trophy left.

Edit : I finally got it! Can't believe i forgot to finish "marathon" on lvl 15 -_-* thanks for the guide ;p

Edited by Quicksilver661