Tetris Trophy Guide and Road Map

shedrick85

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: Totally dependent on skill

-Offline: 6 (7 if you want to do Giver offline)

-Online: 6 (Need to be connected online for Next!)

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 90 minutes - 4 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies: None Available

Introduction

Tetris is one of the most famous games ever and Im pretty sure the game that has been on the most platforms ever. This is Tetris with a kind of twist. While still being a basic Tetris game it also has 12 new variants and quite a cool online multiplayer which also has 4 fun modes and the ability to play online as a group of 6.

Step 1

First of all you want to learn or refresh yourself with how Tetris is played by having a go on Marathon at level 1. Once you have done this I suggest playing all the different variants and fulfilling the goals to unlock the locked ones. I would do these on level 1 on each and then stepping up to completing each one on Level 15. Here you should unlock Master,Lockpick, Clear as Water hopefully, Next! if you are signed in online and have had a friend play a game mode your playing and you beat there score.

Step 2

Next you should try and go for the Feats trophies which require you to do some easy things like play for 90 minutes to some hard things like clear 12 lines with one shot. Doing all these will unlock you Advanced and Achiever

Step 3

Now is the online section which requires you to finish each of the 4 multiplayer modes once online Tetrinet. Send 100 lines in multiplayer Over. Teamwork which is to clear 2 lines or more with a piece swapped on shared. Send 12 or more lines in 5 seconds in Battle, Timed Battle or Team Battle Trigger Happy and Synced which is to G

get a Tetris within 3 seconds of a friend getting a Tetris in Team Battle.

[/b]Cleanup[/b]

Once you have done the first 3 steps its time to go back to anything you've missed and also get Insane which is In Origin clear lines 20, 10 and 1 in that order, its all about planning the top line and worrying about the rest afterwards.

Congratulations on the 100% on a game that is no walk in the park and takes genuine skill to master.

TROPHY GUIDE

Teamwork (B)

Clear at least 2 lines with a piece swapped to you in Shared (additive)

Once in a shared game set up you blocks to leave a 4 high space for a long blue piece and once swapped for it slot in and job done.

Lockpick (B)

Unlock all Variants

Working your way through the variants you will see locked ones and it explains how to unlock them, the hardest to unlock is Magnetic. What you have to do is on gravity clear 6 lines on 1 cascade so I suggest building more than 6 high with a gap of one down one side and then put 1 piece high over it and putting 2 long blues on top of that then clear line just below blues to drop them down. (Will try make a diagram up)

Giver (B)

Pass 100 lines to opponents on any multiplayer mode (additive)

I just build tetris's while online and each time you get one you send your opponent some lines, think it also sends lines if you make 1, 2 or 3 depending on what your opponent has made. You could also boost this offline against a second controller but wouldnt be as fun.

Next! (B)

Surpass a Friend on Next Best Score

Kind of confusing this one but all you should do is make sure you have a friend have played this, or add someone you've played online and try and get a really high score in marathon or one of the variants and if you beat a score they have entered then you get it. When I looked on the leaderboards when I done it it was just a random gamers name on it, not one of my friends but my friend had played it and after I got 330000 on Marathon it popped because his best was 131000.

Synched (B)

Get a Tetris within 3 seconds of a friend getting a Tetris in Team Battle

Join a Team battle and save a long blue piece and make a 4 high and one gap from the end piece and wait for you friend to get a tetris then swap the blue one out and slam into place using up.

Tetrinet (B)

Finish all 4 Multiplayer modes online

Just finish a game Battle, Timed Battle, Team Battle and Shared online win or lose.

Trigger Happy (B)

Send 12 or more lines to one opponent in under 5 secs in Battle, Timed Battle or Team Battle

A little bit of luck required on this one as you need to store a long blue piece and have 2 more come within seconds of each other. Just build 12 high at least and leave a straight up and down gap for 1 block at and end and when you have a blue stored and another one is in play slam the first in, then the saved one, drop the next pieces anywhere else quickly using up and hopefully another blue comes quick enough to slam in and send 12 lines over.

Advanced (S)

Complete all Advanced Feats

Check Feats Guide at bottom.

Achiever (S)

Complete all Career Feats

Check Feats Guide at bottom.

Insane (S)

In Origin clear lines 20, 10 and 1 in that order

Mark out line 1, 10 and 20 and build pieces right up each side making sure 10 and 1 wont have gaps, once you make it up to 20 (the very top 1) save a long blue and build with pieces so theres a 3 gap on 19 downwards in the middle for pieces you dont need and kind if build a bridge for the long blue to be put on 20 to complete line. Again will do diagram to show better. Once 20 is out of the way do 10 then 1 but you CAN clear other lines in between first.

Clear as Water (S)

Perform a Bravo (clear your matrix)

As is says leave not one piece in the matrix but Im sure you'll get this on one of the variants without trying me and my friend both did, the rules are wierd on this as I had 2 or 3 pieces left and still gave me it.

Master (G)

Finish all variants on level 15 and Radical

Really tricky some of the variants but can be done if you concentrate hard.

Thanks for reading my first guide on here and I hope this helps you get the 100% we all seek on our games. The Feats guide and diagrams will follow asap.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

a few notes:

I've got videos I've made for T-Spins and the Insane trophy, check them out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oemp-zm0Pdc]YouTube - T-Spin Guide: how to utilize the strongest move in modern Tetris[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmSdsW3LiWA]YouTube - Tetris PSN: Insane Trophy Guide[/ame]

Bravo means you need to get a Bravo (all clear) while playing. it doesn't mean the game needs to end with it.

I tried forcing it, by playing origin Lv. 1 and waiting for these blocks to start the match: L, Reverse L, I, O, O.

with these you could assemble a perfect double. and get the "bravo" bonus.

if you keep restarting, and use the hold function properly, you will get it eventually.

you could also keep this lineup in mind and keep trying to lose enough other pieces to make it work.

the only trophies that are only achievable online are Tetrinet and Next!. everything else can be done offline with multiple controllers. I've done "Synced" that way so I would know.

Of course you can :-)!

why else would I have put them here?

also, you should write tips for surviving level 15 on each variant. as well as describe the infinite spin method.

here's the just of it:

in modern Tetris games, spinning or moving a block slightly delays it's settling time. doing this with blocks that don't spin (the O-Block) or simply to delay gives you time to think and lowers the chance of making mistakes while playing quickly.

Abuse this heavily to survive Lv. 15 variants

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Great guide, although I would like to add my 2 cents on to how this guide really plays down the difficulty of this game and should be changed to reflect this.

After watching through the advertisement movie on PSN network and then quickly flicking through this guide I decided to step up and purchase this game.

After reading 90mins to 4 hours I was expecting this to be a relaxing game of tetris, a game which I have been playing for years and I would consider myself to be really good at. Boy was I shocked.

Can even a Tetris master 100% this in 90 minutes?!

In your guide you casually say inside step 1:- "I would do these on level 1 on each and then stepping up to completing each one on Level 15. "

Level 15 gives you about a third of a second or less to move and place your pieces and to get 40 lines in this speed is going to be beyond the possibility of even good or decent tetris players.

I would often watch or show people Tetris masters playing on youtube at super human high speeds. But do I actually have to get near this level myself in order to pass Level 15 on every mode?!

The video links in this guide for the more insanely unnatural trophies like 12 rows in 5 seconds and clear rows 20,10 and 1 are a great addition.But not having any hints or tips for clearing the challenges at level 15?

I can get about 5 rows on the lazer one but within about a minute I am soon dead, how do I pass this one?

5 to 10/15 hours would maybe

be a more realistic time I think really.

This new Tetris is clearly aimed at Tetris enthusiasts, casual gaming Tetris DS style it is not. For casual gamers, girls or children I think this is bordering on impossible.

I was going to introduce this to my girlfriend but playing anything other than the slowest speed is just going to make her cry I think.

This isn't a rant or anything, so far it's a good guide. :) BUt I think it needs to be tweaked a little to include non tetris masters and not just like the people on this forum.

I checked your trophies shedrick85 on PSN network a while ago. From your times, I can only guess it took you about 4 or 5 hours.

Or maybe you had a lot of play time where you didn't earn any trophies? At any rate well done on getting 100% on this so fast! :)

But come on, 90 minutes? It will take most people longer to train themselves and set up the 20, 10 and 1 combo trophy alone.

I will give this an 8 or a 9, even with my tetris skills!

Finally, you say "-Offline: 6 (7 if you want to do Giver offline)"

Why is playing offline harder? PLaying against a player who doesn't fight back should surely make this infinitely easier since you can relax and take your time and pummel the opponent in peace. Why is this considered harder?

Do you have to beat each variant on level 15 to get 100% completion?

I was doing fine till I got to laser, kicked my ass on 15, I could only get 10 lines

is there any way to get Achiever without getting Master?

Thanks, JEFF

No, you have to beat all the varients on level 15. I had a hard time with laser the 1st time until I realized you have to do a hard drop (push up on the d-pad) to get the laser to move up. After that it wasn't too bad.

No, you have to beat all the varients on level 15. I had a hard time with laser the 1st time until I realized you have to do a hard drop (push up on the d-pad) to get the laser to move up. After that it wasn't too bad.

I have 86%, I only got laser and flashligt...and 2 adv feats left. U mean i only have to complete the adv feats and maybe 1 more variant to get 100%?

I'm going for the insane trophy but for some reason whenever I get towards the top of the matrix with my stacking the blocks just start automatically dropping real fast all of a sudden and it ends the game. Any clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

also maybe worth mention is that I think the magnetic variant is the easiest one to get the Bravo trophy on. The odds of the right blocks appearing by restarting origin are not great.

btw, amazing videos, I had no clue about all those cool spins either

Shedrick85 you need to fix the formatting with your guide. Your content is looking ok (need more detail on some trophies) but you are missing all of the trophy tiles and there are formatting issues throughout. Please reference the following links and get these issues fixed up in the next 24 hours. If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/27004-trophy-guides-complete-walkthrough.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/27461-road-maps-complete-walkthrough.html

Edited by Tuffinz